Diablo® III

Will Diablo3 Survive until the Expansion??

(Locked)

@t2tpounder, i see. Hopefully "Blizzard" gains incentive on restorying their reputation amongst veterans with the Expansion pack. I do see your points though either way.
Anyone who says the false word "Leggo" in place of the correct form "Let's go" doesn't deserve their wall of text to be read.
Edited by unkeMpt on 2/7/2013 2:03 PM PST
02/07/2013 02:02 PMPosted by unkeMpt
Anyone who says the false word "Leggo" in place of the correct form "Let's go" doesn't deserve their wall of text to be read.

ok man i will respect your opinion.
Abbreviations are part of internet these days and there is tons of them because people are lazy to type out the full word and sometimes they dont have enough "# of words" allowed to get across an opinion so they resort to abbreviating words.
Oh sorry, one mistake I made, I do commend them for their change in gold and item pick up and "seperated" drops. I noticed this while going back to D2. But that was the only change. D2 is still a significantly better game in almost all respects especially considering when it was made.
@t2tpounder, in some aspects of diablo3 they have succeeded but the main foundation has been left out and thats why its critisized.

Main Foundation: Sense of Community Atmosphere, End-Game, Ability to build characters and items but i guess items will be buffed in expansion pack.
Items really need to be buffed during the expansion pack? You mean made more diverse or just more godlike because they can't properly figure out complex game balance.
@t2tpounder, yea man thats what i meant more diverse items. They also need to balance out the items attributes for pvp because overkill in PvP is not fun. Swinging at your enemy never to hurt him in the first few hits then all of a sudden one shot him to death is no fun but instead it needs to be more like in d2 if you know what i mean and i know you do since you a d2 vet like me.
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 2/8/2013 2:30 PM PST
02/02/2013 12:19 AMPosted by BlackBeard
D3's core is about restricting freedom/creativity/community, it will never be the game we all hoped it would.

This is the best short description of what is wrong with D3 that I have seen.
diablo 3 is not dead.

if you surround yourself with the negativity of the discussion board paired with the negativity from the internet and other gaming boards and you buy into this notion that diablo 3 is a huge failure but really have no proof which could only come from blizzard itself, then all you have are these theories that are based on an undisclosed number of vocal individuals that have "left" and it is my theory that most of those people are die hard d2 enthusiasts.

i, too, played d2 and remember patches and patches and improvements and nerfs and buffs to "level the playing field" and expansions and hunting for uber diablo. i remember mass banning for using 3rd party cheats like "map hack". i remember the first time i was scammed by an exploiter and i didn't do much trading after that. only with people i knew.

d2 was/is a great game. if you were going to make a sequel to the game, would you take the entire structure and overlay it over new graphics and music an a new story line? or would you create something entirely new? d3 is still a dark game consisting of evil and treachery. leah's own mother sold her out after giving birth to the daughter of the devil himself. the music is epic taking the spirit of old tristram and raising it up a notch.

and one of the great things about blizzard as a company is they are dedicated to their work. they continue to strive for improvements to make their games better. and they do it despite an incredible amount of negativity and ungratefulness. that says a lot about their integrity.
Edited by melodywhore#1162 on 2/8/2013 2:55 PM PST
Yea i agree that D3 is not dead but it can be if they evolve the game more around "End-Game" because more and more people are getting to the point where they need "End-Game" to keep them playing.

I have made a thread about me having still hope in this game here.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7872427190

Hope and still believing in blizzard is why i have not quit D3 just yet and hopefully it will survive until the expansion pack.
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 2/9/2013 8:52 AM PST
yes
I agree with this 100%
of course.
Diablo 3 can never die.

the name alone already immortalized it ;)
No, I don't think D3 will survive until the expansion pack. There is far too much wrong with the original game, too many misteps in game design and publicly slammed failures of every sort. Even if the expansion pack was really good, there is just too much wrong with the foundations of the game to save the whole thing. And I don't think it will be a good x-pac, they got rid of Jay Wilson but they need to get rid of the entire staff of Game Designers.

Now, it's ironic that such a bad game sold 12 million copies, but this was because Diablo 2 was such a legendary game that people simply couldn't wait to try D3.

In fact, I don't think that the Diablo franchise will survive at all. Diablo 3 was so bad it was a terminal failure. Nobody is going to want to buy Diablo 4 after this mess. Blizzard knows this and would be foolish to sink $100 million dollars into a Diablo 4 when maybe only 1-2 million copies would ever get sold.

Game over, man.
melody!@#$% - I understand where you are coming from. However, Diablo 3 is not a dark game. It tries to be with the sequences in the game but it feels like a cartoon still. See D1 for a dark game. I played D3 only to see how easy it was to play (especially using the AH in hardcore) and I was able to level stupidly easy. Then only to have my hours of work in the character lost because D3 freezes because they cannot figure out how to code themselves out of a paper bag. This is when I never lost any character in D2 for anything but stupidity or just being 100% owned (see FE + CE + LE ancients lol) (not even lag etc in d2). Oh and about the story, a majority of the people I first played with thought it was a vomit inducing storyline. Only Khule was interesting really.
Survive? it is BornDead for most of us.
02/10/2013 12:35 AMPosted by BastardSword

No it wasnt born dead, alot of people were anticipating the release of D3 and alot of copies sold when it was released, somewhere in the neighbourhood of 12 million copies? i think, so it was born to succeed had they made a strong foundation that any multiplayer rpg needs, i think.
Those paragons level are implemented to delay you, while they are trying to find out whats is the problem and fix it in Expansion..
Itll be a big slap in the face if Blizz really didnt learn anything from Current Diablo 3.

No it wasnt born dead, alot of people were anticipating the release of D3 and alot of copies sold when it was released, somewhere in the neighbourhood of 12 million copies? i think, so it was born to succeed had they made a strong foundation that any multiplayer rpg needs, i think.

Is that foundation strong enough.
Because it felt weak.
Reducing only usable stats to only 2. Thats not a big foundation. Thats a simple foundation.
And having that foundation being overhaul meants thats a failure to begin with.

This foundation is weak because now they completely messed up the itemization with this WoW like stats implementation.

We know that every items are going to have limited affix.
And to fix Itemization is going to violate those limit.
Because now, Every item in Diablo 3 needs this" Main stat, Vitality, crits, crits damage, atack speed, socket" now introducing more affix will remove the number of affix in the already limited maximum available affixes on item.
That makes those items has to sacrifice one or two of those stats.
And that means handicapping that items...

The itemization on D3 was bad because their base foundation is the bad core system.
So thats is big.

of course.
Diablo 3 can never die.

the name alone already immortalized it ;)

It was immortalized because Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 was the big success.
Diablo 3 is on the path of being immortalized for being the big failure.
Expansion was the only hope people are clinging now.
Thats the reason for some people to still playing this game.
Blew it up on expansion. then people will now know that Current Blizzard doesn't know a thing about Diablo series.
And the whole fan will let this series die..
Edited by DragonDutz#6607 on 2/10/2013 5:47 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]