Diablo® III

Will Diablo3 Survive until the Expansion??

(Locked)

I forgot to add a desperate need for an offline mode. because i have terrible internet reception and it drops out regulary. for me playing single player online is BULLS**T and a need to add more people per multi-player game.
02/01/2013 05:30 PMPosted by babinro
Will Diablo 3 Survive until the Expansion Pack??

How could it not survive?

The forums get a lot of hate but the game and forums are incredibly active.
There is no sign of Diablo 3 becoming a ghost town.
We have people who 'quit' 5 months ago and still support the game through it's forums.

The issues make people angry but they keep coming back.
All the signs are showing that we may be angry, but we haven't stopped caring.

If we reach a point where we have almost no posts on issues like AH glitches, duping, botting, patch deadlines, and maintenance....then I'd begin to worry.

As of today, it would really surprise me if the expansion failed to sell 1.5 million copies within the first 3 months.

Not sure whose eyes you're trying to pull the wool over here, but you're not making too much sense. Sure, a few of us hang around on the forums to see if things'll change, and to get a rise out of the more clueless fanboys such as yourself, but that's about it. And this construes as "supporting the game through "it's" forums"..how?

I assure you, while some people might come back every now and then (hell, I did for a little) a lot of them don't. And why would they? Each new game that comes out just eats away a little more of the core of D3/Blizzards' fanbase.

Of course the game's not going to suddenly go from thousands of players to 0 in one night - no-one's suggesting that. Well they shouldn't be, anyway.
A lot of the people saying D3 is dead probably put 500+ hours into the game. I am not saying the game was perfect or anything because it is not, but it was still an awesome game. I am done playing for awhile but I got my moneys worth.

I went back to Dark Soul's and just put about 120 hours into that game. And while you can sort of cheat in Dark Souls and over level yourself.. that game is just amazing. It might be my favorite RPG ever. Diablo 3 should have incorporated some of the nuances of that game. When you get a hold or level a weapon you get extra abilities and moves that you cant do with regular weapons.. They are not just stat sticks. And while I do love stats and playing around with numbers to optimize your character it shouldn't be the only incentive to find better gear.
I personally don't see a lot of sales after release. I think we'll see there will be less than 500,000 sales if that.

Most will never come back, but I'm sure some will consider buying the expansion after they've seen these forums and user reviews on it.

The problem is, the expansion is doomed to fail unless they address the core mechanic issues (itemization, rmah, lack of content etc..)
I personally don't see a lot of sales after release. I think we'll see there will be less than 500,000 sales if that.

Most will never come back, but I'm sure some will consider buying the expansion after they've seen these forums and user reviews on it.

The problem is, the expansion is doomed to fail unless they address the core mechanic issues (itemization, rmah, lack of content etc..)

The expansion will sell well for the same reason the SC2 expansion will sell well even though no one plays it anymore... people will buy it because it's made by Blizzard and they want to see the new campaign.
ppl will come back after soo many weeks/months just like wow, and no matter what u guys do there will be an xpac, and if you just hate this game that much just go play POE like every1 who thinks d3 is dead/terri bad
D3's core is about restricting freedom/creativity/community, it will never be the game we all hoped it would.
i think it can, i really hope it does well because this game can be really really fun
02/02/2013 12:19 AMPosted by BlackBeard
D3's core is about restricting freedom/creativity/community, it will never be the game we all hoped it would.

+1
Blaming Jay Wilson is getting old for me.

Someone else is taking the helm, so get over it. I want to see what the new head is capable of, and what he/she can bring to the table.

For me, Diablo 3 is getting better. It's not there yet but it is getting there (one patch at a time).

To D3 developers, thank you.

If expansion will be your reset button, then so be it. Focus on what kind of game you want D3 to be, then (optional) have the community add bits of pieces to it ~ not the other way around. This is your game. It's your name that is on the line. Before you release something, make sure that you are proud of it.
Edited by L0NEW0LF#1435 on 2/2/2013 7:02 AM PST
Being hateful towards J-Dub isn't going fix what you perceive to be problems with D3.
This game is beautiful. This game will stand the test of time.
Do you want to know why?

The monies!
View profile
Just a question. Was PvP really popular in d2? cos imo doesn't hold my interest compared to a shooter like tf2 or something., Or is it just way it's implemented here that I dont like it and d2 was better?
02/02/2013 06:26 AMPosted by Aimless
Just a question. Was PvP really popular in d2? cos imo doesn't hold my interest compared to a shooter like tf2 or something., Or is it just way it's implemented here that I dont like it and d2 was better?

yes it was popular in d2 but it wasnt the only thing people did
I had yesterday a class of marketing and i learned that when you make a new product (like D3) you must do a survey to know why people was using/playing the older product and why other were not (D2) It could be a great move from the dev team to make a big survey about this question. Personnaly , like NeLLy said , D3 need more social aspect . When i log in i can see how many people there is in general chat/trade/looking for a group and usualy i can only see 150 player, and they are almost the same in the 3 group. are you telling me that there is only 150 player connected ? it's impossible i would like to be able to reach way more player to ask them to play with me
@CokcWolf, i agree with you. You would think everybody would do it that way when it comes to making new products that have older exsisting versions of that product.

I hate to see this game not reach its potential because the graphics are hardcore badass, just imagine if they had kept the well constructed foundation of diablo 2 and only build up on it.
If they would have kept the foundation of diablo 2 i would have probably missed my marketing class for playing D3 haha
02/02/2013 07:48 AMPosted by CokcWolf
If they would have kept the foundation of diablo 2 i would have probably missed my marketing class for playing D3 haha

haha, good one man.

Here is why i believe they didnt. Blizzard north is the master of Diablo2 and this new blizzard whose responsable for diablo 3 wanted to create their own success a new different way but it was pretty obvious from the beginning that you cant create a new and better foundation that is better constructed then it was in diablo 2, so they should of listend to the critics and veterans a long time ago and injected diablo 3 with the well constructed foundation of diablo 2 and build up on it and round it with new innovative attributes and asepcts to diablo3.
Yeah exactly, i don't know why they decide to change with diablo 3. World of Warcraft and Starcraft kept the same foundation of their older version and they had some nice change. This is probably on of the reason why WoW is so popular, they found a way to play that people like and they just add some attributes with all the expansion. Warcraft from 1 to 3 was similar but each version had better graphic and gameplay, but for diablo (like you said) they completly changed the game it is a new game different from older version.
D3 will "survive"?

It sold more copies than any other game, remember? Huge potential base of x-pack buyers. Plus Blizz has some egg on its face from the on-going issues. Huge incentive for them to fix it.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The hope and promise of a great sequel to Diablo 2 sold millions of copies. What we got instead was Diablo 3.
02/01/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Baconan
There would need to be a complete overhaul to the character progression, itemization and skill systems

This
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]