Diablo® III

An awesome gaming moment

I was playing PoE earlier tonight and I had an awesome moment that I thought I would share. If you have no interest in the game and think I'm just here to bug you then feel free to skip right past this post.

I had built myself a fire slinging battlemage character and immolating everything in my path. I melted down monsters with fireballs in the shape of a flaming dragon that exploded on contact and decimated anything in range. I also had a flaming shield that exploded after taking a certain amount of hits, annihilating anything standing in my immediate area. I was feeling pretty good about this character and his power, and jumped into pvp in order to test him out against some real opponents.

My first opponent was another templar, exactly the same class as me. As we began the match, the templar approached me and beat on my shield for a moment until he prompty exploded into thin air. I laughed. He was a little more wary the second time around, and tried to cast some skills from range. However, the skills he were using were completely different. Same class, different possibilities, different strengths, different weaknesses and different tactics. As i pondered, one of my dragon fireballs caught him square in the face and ended his life.

I remember a witch who summoned forth an army of zombies and skeletons, outnumbering me greatly. I laughed off the spectacle and cast a totem, which sent forth multiple shockwaves, shattering the bones and pulverising the flesh of the witch's creations. She ran from the fire that then rained forth from my mage.

And so it went, player after player falling to the onslaught of my flame. I got ready to take down another, laughing at the thought of another player running in circles away from me or killing themself by attacking my shield. I had grown too cocky, and was swiftly shot down by a large marauder who teleported past my fire and crushed me with the might of many stunning blows after surviving the mighty impact of my shield. Swiftly, which was surprising, as most marauders tend to be slow, lumbering brutes, of which many had already fallen victim to the fire. The defeat humbled me, and I inquired about the impressive build that this other player had created. After so many easy victories, this person's creative thinking and unique build had inspired me to explore the impressive skill tree to figure out how I could better my character, or find a new build that will be even stronger.

It was a great, immersive moment, one that I've unfortunately never experienced playing D3. I'm not here to bash, and I hope that D3 can one day provide that same experience, maybe it already has for some of you and for that's great, maybe for some of you the introduction of duels will bring the same excitement and competitive spirit. Maybe some of you will never enjoy that experience and maybe it's time to look elsewhere?

(Also I was really stoned when I had that experience and that could totally be it, I'm also pretty stoned writing this now).
Reply Quote
inb4 cool story bro
Reply Quote
dude this is D3 forum...not POE...go troll their forums with ur drivel....go QQ to them over D3 ...ur idiotic post doesnt belong in this forum
Reply Quote
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
また会う日まで
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
秘密を知りたい

I have no idea what you said
Reply Quote
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
また会う日まで
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
秘密を知りたい

TRANSLATION:
-------------------------------
Thank you so much Mr. robot
Also until we meet
You want to know a secret
Reply Quote
Well i did not know Poe was paying D3 forum troll's 5$.....
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 06:09 PMPosted by NecroFeelYa
t was a great, immersive moment, one that I've unfortunately never experienced playing D3. I'm not here to bash, and I hope that D3 can one day provide that same experience, maybe it already has for some of you and for that's great, maybe for some of you the introduction of duels will bring the same excitement and competitive spirit. Maybe some of you will never enjoy that experience and maybe it's time to look elsewhere?

The issue is, that in D3 neither the gear nor the skills allow for much diversity. As most of your damgae is tied to your weapon and there is only very little choice in gear (CC, CD or IAS) everyone is looking basically for the same equipment.

Would be nice to see more diversity in the future. But I guess we have to wait for the expansion ...
Reply Quote
Reported. :)
Reply Quote
go away. nice monologue. seriously, no one cares.
Reply Quote

TRANSLATION:
Also until we meet
You want to know a secret

aww man that's still pretty confusing
Reply Quote
kulle story bro
Reply Quote
I'd love to duel you on my Lightning Witch ^_^ The top-end damage of lightning is utterly ridiculous
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Bluddflagg
Reported. :)
Butthurt fanboy alert,butthurt fanboy alert

PoE fanboy is butthurt?
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 06:22 PMPosted by HamburgerBun
Butthurt fanboy alert,butthurt fanboy alert

PoE fanboy is butthurt?
No,you for that childish nark report response.
Reply Quote

PoE fanboy is butthurt?
No,you for that childish nark report response.

Just doing my part to preserve the forums. There is an "other" forum for all games not D3. :)
Reply Quote
Enough derailing of perfectly good threads, Hamburger. You've done your report, now shoo - you're not wanted here
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]