Diablo® III

MP8 no legendaries

View profile
Twice now in the past couple days I've done a full mp8 run and neither I nor my running partner got a single legendary. I hit almost every single screen and only skipped a few low density areas. Nearly maxxed MF and not even a single *clang*. What a bunch of stuff.

At least none of my crap on AH ever sells to make up for the fact that I'm not resupplying my stash...
Edited by SilentMike69#1275 on 2/3/2013 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm experiencing the same for the past week or so... not mp8 but mp2 which means a bit lower chance but quite a bit more chances and still nothing... Apparently Blizz doesn't like WDs lately (like they ever liked :P )
Reply Quote
View profile
It happens, you're just in a dry spell. I play MP8 most of the time and I see a legendary drop on average every couple of hours of non-speed run game play. I've been getting this drop rate for at least 6 weeks.
If you do the run again you may get 2 or 3 legendaries. I think it all averages out for the most part.
Reply Quote
View profile
It happens, you're just in a dry spell. I play MP8 most of the time and I see a legendary drop on average every couple of hours of non-speed run game play. I've been getting this drop rate for at least 6 weeks.
If you do the run again you may get 2 or 3 legendaries. I think it all averages out for the most part.

I know it comes and goes, but at nearly 575% MF you'd think I would be more consistent in my drops. I've played MP4 and gotten up to 5 in a single run (obviously not the norm). Its like this game just doesn't reward you for playing well. I can't just mow down mp8, I have to play considerably smarter and more patiently yet there is no reward. Frustrating.
Edited by SilentMike69#1275 on 2/3/2013 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

I know it comes and goes, but at nearly 575% MF you'd think I would be more consistent in my drops. I've played MP4 and gotten up to 5 in a single run (obviously not the norm). Its like this game just doesn't reward you for playing well. I can't just mow down mp8, I have to play considerably smarter and more patiently yet there is no reward. Frustrating.

The individual chance for any monster to drop a legendary is still extremely small, regardless of your MF. Since each roll is independent, there's always the chance that you will never see another legendary again.

It is VERY annoying that they've catered to the crybabies so much here with the difficulty. They don't want to make anyone feel "forced" to do hard content to get good gear (unlike, you know, every RPG ever) and so they make higher monster power pretty worthless.
Reply Quote
Random number generator is RANDOM, it has been since launch, nothing has changed since launch.
Reply Quote
I've experienced the same thing, and I'm not alone.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66310233&f=68&o=0

Yes, RNG is RNG. However, at times, Blizzard reduces the drop rate via ninja nerf. Before 1.03 they had to bite their tongue and admit they ninja nerfed drops in act 3. Wouldn't shock me if it happens again. Notice how lowering the drop rate doesn't contradict 'RNG is RNG' so we're saying the same thing thanks for agreeing with me JonkZ.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well I have 463% MF on MP8 and I haven't had any significant dry spells -- couple days at most. But then I've had two legendaries drop at once, or once I had 5 drop in two hours. But I think it all averages out over time.
I really haven't seen anything like a nerf.
Reply Quote
Maybe so. I just found two legendaries in a game so who knows... if bliz was more accessible it wouldn't be a problem
Reply Quote
hint: drops are not random.
there are servers that give better drop rate. in the past, s.o posted on general forum ways to know whether you are in a better drop rate server or not (still works for me) and somehow that post got deleted after only 2 or 3 days.
Reply Quote
View profile
hint: drops are not random.
there are servers that give better drop rate. in the past, s.o posted on general forum ways to know whether you are in a better drop rate server or not (still works for me) and somehow that post got deleted after only 2 or 3 days.

I'd heard the theory on "loot servers", but there really seems to be no way to really know. I trust nothing Blizzard states about their loot system, but any sample size I can personally observe would be too small to draw any true conclusions. That is unless I could predictably and repeatedly game the system to either give me more good drops, or less.
Edited by SilentMike69#1275 on 2/3/2013 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
for leg grinding i stick to MPlvl where i can kill in sec which is Mp1 with my MF gear or MP4-5 with my real set...why? cus MOST of my leg drop from random white mob, only few are from gob or elites.

So i just try to kill EVERYTHING on the screen the fastest as i can.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]