Diablo® III

Rage is bad. HC death on stream

So yeah, I've died a couple of times. Once was my fault, once at paragon 38 cause the game crashed. But damn, I've never felt this emotionally invested to rage in someone's face.

http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/17tfzu/how_made_would_you_be_84_paragon_hc_death_husband/

What's the worst you've acted or done after a HC death?
Reply Quote
the worst i've done is gone and smoked a cig.

that dude is out of line, call animal control and have him put down
Reply Quote
How does this guy even know he was DDOS'd? Guy seems to meet the definition of a male donkey.

I've never raged like that on an HC death.

I raged like that on one guy, once ... back when I was 20 or so. He basically would not stop pestering me about something that was really none of my business. He had beef with a guy I played chess with, he decided he needed to beef w/ me as well, just because I played chess with the guy, and would *not* let it go, and basically needled me about stupid crap until I went off. Looking back on it, he probably deserved it but I still shouldn't have gone off.

Edit: The beef was stupid, too. This was at a coffee shop where people happened to go and play chess about once a week. This guy was basically bragging about how great he was. The guy he had beef with was a USCF rated expert. Basically, after he talked all this trash about how great he was, he overheard the expert mention to someone else entirely that he was an expert - and then started talking trash to other people about how the other guy couldn't possibly be an expert. They ended up sitting and playing and the expert beat him soundly. After that, he hated the USCF rated expert guy. I was basically a woodpusher, I beat the expert exactly *once*, and it was after months and months of playing and learning, and he looked pretty tired at the time. I figure the dude's behavior was basically a matter of trying to deny the embarrassment he caused himself in a weird sort of way. For months after that, every time I saw that guy he would start in. I don't remember him starting in after I went off on him.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 2/4/2013 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

that dude is out of line, call animal control and have him put down

lol
Reply Quote
Man, I've never yelled at my wife like that over anything. It's crazy that someone would behave that way over a video game.

To each his/her own, I guess. Sad to see.
Reply Quote
bump llllllllllol
Reply Quote
lol maybe he needs to get blown more
Reply Quote
The worst I ever did was after my first 60 died and i foolishly confided my sorrow in my wife.

She was not sympathetic.

Lol, Now I want to hear what she said Emmet...
Reply Quote
Wow.

I read somewhere that some 60% of the population should be on Prozac.

After seeing this. . .perhaps that statistic is not far off. . .
Reply Quote
My wife has already expressed her opinion of me playing HC, and told me exactly how sympathetic she's going to be when my characters die... to sum it up briefly: not particularly sympathetic.
Reply Quote
Haha, my wife laughs every time I die and assumes I'm finally going to quit. Sadly I've got a collection of 60's to fall back on.

Serious question though, I don't understand this DDos thing. Worst case scenario, how would a malicious person find your IP and crash you?
Reply Quote
thats sad getting that angry over a hc death.
Reply Quote

It wasn't what she said, it was "the look". The you're-pathetic-and-I-can't believe-I-married-you look.

In other words, the standard issue "look" lol
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Grovel
Serious question though, I don't understand this DDos thing. Worst case scenario, how would a malicious person find your IP and crash you?

I'm assuming that if you talk with them on Skype, or in some way that makes your computer communicated directly with theirs (rather than through and intermediary like a server), they can see the IP Address of your computer. They can then flood your computer with messages (something as simple as pings or more complicated messages) which chew up your bandwidth and make you disconnect. They can even use a large number of computers to send these messages suddenly, and at the same time.

That's the gist of it.
Reply Quote

It wasn't what she said, it was "the look". The you're-pathetic-and-I-can't believe-I-married-you look.

LMAO... Thank you. I was imagining what my GF would do, although she doesn't understand the concept of hardcore, I'm sure there would be that "look" followed by, "that's what you get for messin' around so much on that dumb game."
Reply Quote
Watched the stream...was wondering how she died...now I know.

What a douche.
Reply Quote
lol, kinda reminds me of Francis's rage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk

Nobody's f^#%#@ playing diablo 3!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]