Diablo® III

D3 In XFIRE Top 10

http://beta.xfire.com/games
Reply Quote
D3 10
POE 6

lolll
Reply Quote
would be sad if *D3 wasn't, dno what OP is tryin to say.
lol@ poe being higher than d3.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/31/2013 10:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

NEWSFLASH!

Newly released FREE game played more than game that has been out for nearly a year.
Reply Quote
NEWSFLASH!

Newly released FREE game played more than game that has been out for nearly a year.

NEWSFLASH!

New free games are released everyday and most of them dont even make top 1000. PoE is in beta, so its not even a complete game yet. Oh wait, so is D3. Nvm. :D
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
NEWSFLASH!

NEWSFLASH!

New free games are released everyday and most of them dont even make top 1000. PoE is in beta, so its not even a complete game yet. Oh wait, so is D3. Nvm. :D

Any other Diablo-like RPGs in those new free games that are released daily? Or are we talking Farmville wannabes here?

By the way, I'm actually glad that PoE's successful; it's to our benefit when a game succeeds. Besides, I'm having fun playing it. But, Jeeze Louise, guys. Give the Diablo bashing a rest.

I swear I think most of the anti-D3 brigade are praying to the voodoo gods as they stick pins in their Diablo CDs.
Reply Quote

NEWSFLASH!

NEWSFLASH

It wasn't open to EVERYONE UNTIL JANUARY 23, 2013. SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT UR TALKIN ABT. (i.e. DIDNT EXPERIENCE CLOSED BETA, DON'T CARE BCUZ D3 CLOSED BETA = NOTHING LIKE RELEASE)

So NO it's hasn't been "out" for nearly a year, unless you're talkign about diablo then yeah it's far from being finished; couple miles behind PoE even.

My response to OP is that if Diablo 3 wasn't in the top ten it'd be extremely sad due to its 10 million sales and that's the best it can do? BARELY even top 10?
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/1/2013 2:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
2 months from now: PoE is newer than D3 so of course it has more interest and viewers on twitch.

If the "fad" didnt die out in a week did you think it would die out in a month? How bout 2 or 3? If a f2p game can keep a players attention for over a week, let alone 1 hour....

Its funny that this little company is sluggin' the crap out of the second largest gaming company in the history of the world. Reality check for the greedy manipulator profiteers that have infiltrated the franchise I fell in love with as a kid.
Reply Quote

NEWSFLASH!

Any other Diablo-like RPGs in those new free games that are released daily? Or are we talking Farmville wannabes here?

By the way, I'm actually glad that PoE's successful; it's to our benefit when a game succeeds. Besides, I'm having fun playing it. But, Jeeze Louise, guys. Give the Diablo bashing a rest.

I swear I think most of the anti-D3 brigade are praying to the voodoo gods as they stick pins in their Diablo CDs.

Give the diablo defending a rest. It deserves to be bashed where bashing is due and praised where praise is due.
Reply Quote
Lol at Diablo 3 with millions of copies sold, All that's left is....
Imagine how many of those are multi boxes and bots.
Reply Quote
Haven't even though about touching D3 since the PoE open beta. PoE is just a way better game for me.

Still gonna come back to try out 1.07 when it's released, but from what I'm seeing - I doubt I will stay very long.
Reply Quote
Xfire also has PoE ranked above Dota 2 so PoE is obviously kicking the crap out of that game as well!

Except, steam stats shows that Dota 2 is, by far, the most popular game on steam pulling in ~3 times as many concurrent players, at it's peak, as the second most popular game. It's almost like xfire isn't the be-all end-all in gaming stats.

In any event, enjoy your game. Seriously, go enjoy it.

Edit: I don't have any ill-wishes for PoE, but it would absolutely hilarious is those xfire stats don't hold steady or increase. Would be even more hilarious if it dropped below D3 at any point. Oh, the forum drama would be magnificent.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 2/1/2013 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Give the diablo defending a rest. It deserves to be bashed where bashing is due and praised where praise is due.

*Sigh*

Right. What does ranking on Xfire have to do with due praise or bashing?

As I said before, y'all are emotional vested in Diablo 3 failing. Like that'd prove you are uber gamers or something :P

P.S. I still think number 10 on Xfire is pretty damn good for a 10 month old game. Especially one that has all the baggage D3 has.

P.S.S. I also still am enjoying PoE. But then, I can enjoy two (or more) games at the same time. I'm special like that.
Reply Quote

*Sigh*

Right. What does ranking on Xfire have to do with due praise or bashing?

As I said before, y'all are emotional vested in Diablo 3 failing. Like that'd prove you are uber gamers or something :P

P.S. I still think number 10 on Xfire is pretty damn good for a 10 month old game. Especially one that has all the baggage D3 has.

P.S.S. I also still am enjoying PoE. But then, I can enjoy two (or more) games at the same time. I'm special like that.

If you say so. You seem pretty decent at telling people how they feel. Remarkable.

For me? I'll be honest - I think D3's one of the biggest disappointments in the history of gaming. Gutting permanence, choice, incorporating pay-to-win, creating an AH that, unless ignored, almost completely removes the joy from finding upgrades, etc etc etc. Basically dumbing down of everything I loved in D2.

So, from that perspective, I would love it if Blizzard received a colossal shake-up, and realize that creating great games for gamers is how they built their amazingly great reputation in the first place, and that if they don't stick to that, they'll lose a lot of business, unless they actually completely change their target audience, which is plausible although saddening.

But I'm not "emotionally invested" in seeing D3 fail any more than I'm "emotionally invested" in seeing PoE succeed. I'm simply loving the fact that a tiny, amateur company from the other side of the world is giving the colossus of the genre a real shake-up in its own way, and I'm loving the fact that it's a breath of fresh air to actually have to plan my character, to see the effects over time of such planning, and to feel my character grow stronger/more efficient in the way I choose, not simply having the game unlock each and every skill for me, with the only differentiator being gear which may or may not have been earned legitimately.
Edited by Sal#6192 on 2/1/2013 7:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Sal
I'm simply loving the fact that a tiny, amateur company from the other side of the world is giving the colossus of the genre a real shake-up in its own way

Do you have some reason to think this other than xfire rankings? Or do you mean that PoE is proving successful without removing the aspects that Blizzard removed with D3?
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Ringo
I'm simply loving the fact that a tiny, amateur company from the other side of the world is giving the colossus of the genre a real shake-up in its own way

Do you have some reason to think this other than xfire rankings? Or do you mean that PoE is proving successful without removing the aspects that Blizzard removed with D3?

I'm meaning that PoE is proving successful while staying true to the roots of great Diablo-esque ARPGs - strong character customization, replayability, challenge, play-to-win not pay-to-win, trading, good itemization etc.
Reply Quote
i went to your link and there is no Diablo3.

1-LoL
2-CoD4
3-CoD2
4-WoW
5-GW2
6-Minecrap
7-World of Tanks
8-Path of Exile
9-dota2
10-battlefield3
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:55 PMPosted by Crocodilius
i went to your link and there is no Diablo3.

Stats change from day to day and this was posted a couple of day ago...
Reply Quote
tbh after 1.07 xfire becomes moot point as you will be able to see how many people are playing D3 sence they are going to add the same connected counter that D2 had in its loby system.
Reply Quote
Those numbers aren't going to be anywhere near the actual active userbase. They are only showing numbers based on the players running xfire while playing the game.

I just checked the stats, as of right now, poe has dropped down to #11, butting d3 back in as #10. Not saying poe is a bad game, I'm still playing it while i wait for 1.07, but your post was showing stats of a game that had just been made available to the public a week earlier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]