Diablo® III

Talk me into or out of a Witching Hour

These forums really are nothing, but a bunch of flamers aren't they.

Nice easy mode "Spin2Win" you got there.

There's a good deal of flaming on the D3 forums. But you waded into a thread with high level barbs talking about a refined build and specific gear. Your use of marauder's rage and insanity, and your lack of EHP, shows that you aren't interested in optimizing HotA. It's fine to do your own thing but your "look at my huge numbers!" post wasn't particularly helpful or relevant.
Reply Quote
These forums really are nothing, but a bunch of flamers aren't they.

Nice easy mode "Spin2Win" you got there.

There's a good deal of flaming on the D3 forums. But you waded into a thread with high level barbs talking about a refined build and specific gear. Your use of marauder's rage and insanity, and your lack of EHP, shows that you aren't interested in optimizing HotA. It's fine to do your own thing but your "look at my huge numbers!" post wasn't particularly helpful or relevant.

Regardless of what the dual wielders think there are planty of 2h barbs I run with who do MP10. Some use a gear build like mine others are more conservative. I run this so called "crazy build" and it works for me. If anything I get to say I'm not a cookie cutter build.

I much rather play with others who are helpful, supportive, and encouraging like myself. OP asked about WH and I came here to say I like it. With a steady 330k dps 5.8% life steal has always been enough for me.

I DO have a second set of gear I have when I don't feel like play to cautious (the gear drops me 20k dps but ups armor by 1k, resists by 300, and life up to 53k)

IK belt
Tasker theo gloves
and pants

No reason for everyone to be all (my peeny is bigger) because I can do the same thing just with an odd build/gear set up.

Diablo's about customizing and picking your builds right? Weird..........
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Death
KainDraven go away please. Thank you bye.

Your account name is something you should aspire to accomplish very soon....Thank you.
Reply Quote

I don't think you are helping much....Add me in game so I can see how good you are. I'll cough up the machines for an uber run. I want to believe a 2H can stomp the !@#$ out of them, but I have never seen a really good one. I mean one that is significantly better than a dual wield barb. I know on paper is is definitely possible....just want to see :)

I usually crit like 1.5 - 1.7ish when dual wielding with HOTA ww build.....not sure if that matters??

Kain's barb isn't the sort you're looking for, but these two likely are. 2h can definitely be very powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kb43xWadTkw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ijAx5490I
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 2/4/2013 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Death
KainDraven, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here other than to try and boast about your barb. The reality is that your barb is terribly built and nothing you have said here has offerend any constructive advice to anyone. Your resists and HP are comically low and and your skill selections are even worse. Please stop trying to give advice or explain your poor gearing and build selections to those that have infinitely more knowledge of the barb class than you do. Just stop already you're giving us "properly" geared 2H barbs a real bad name with your continued ignorance.

Good one! Same view!
Its ok if you want to built your barb in a wierd way, odd way or even a special way. But please don't get others to follow the wrong way...
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 2/4/2013 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can see where Kain is coming from and he has the right to post his opinion like everyone else. It's OP's job to decide ultimately.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 08:51 PMPosted by rahl
I can see where Kain is coming from and he has the right to post his opinion like everyone else. It's OP's job to decide ultimately.

Yup! That's why i am here to stop the OP from following him. LOL!

BTW rahl, perhaps you didn't see what kind of gears he said was "OK" for uber mp10 with his 700kdps stats at 36khp and very low AR.
Not these that he's currently wearing now.
Reply Quote
He switched gear
Reply Quote
@TimPam

Precisely.
Reply Quote
View profile
You guys think I should go for a Witching Hour? :p
Reply Quote
For WW skorn user usually yes for breakpoints. For you Doc, you don't use WW it seems. Plus probably not the best time to make a switch to WH. Your AR was kinda low at the moment.

Unless you get a AR WH and they are expensive. Those WH with AR and less than a 100str isn't really worth buying. If i want a WH, 150str near 60AR at min hopefully with some additional dex, armor or something useful healthglobes etc....

Or 200+str with 150+vit probably at your level of gears. Of coz 9%ias as much as possible and near 45%CD. No use changing gears for small gains. Waste of gold.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 2/4/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Death
You guys think I should go for a Witching Hour? :p

You would lose too much resistance, as is its on the low side. If I were in your position I'd be looking to add about 80 all resist to your gear not removing even more.

It's expensive for him to get the additional 80AR. The only place he can get them is on a Crit Lacuni, gloves, Amulet and WH itself. That's the price of losing the AR on pants. Time to save up for big upgrades Doc. =)
Reply Quote
View profile
02/04/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Horngyuh80

You would lose too much resistance, as is its on the low side. If I were in your position I'd be looking to add about 80 all resist to your gear not removing even more.

It's expensive for him to get the additional 80AR. The only place he can get them is on a Crit Lacuni, gloves, Amulet and WH itself. That's the price of losing the AR on pants. Time to save up for big upgrades Doc. =)

Yeah I figured I would eventually have to go for CC/AR/Vit or CC/AR/Str Lacunis. I'm just trying to get into a comfortable spot for MP10 carrying atm.

As for a new ammy, I've been contemplating whether to dish out gold for a decent one right now, or just to craft a good one in 1.07. If I do craft, I'd be hoping for a str/vit/CC/CD/AR one...which might be a bit too wishful thinking. You're right about the WH though--a 200 str/150 vit one would be way better because an okay str and AR WH just isn't worth it IMO.

And yeah, time to save up. I gotta find my one bil item now...I think the most gold I've made from selling an item is 40 mil :x
Reply Quote
Nice to see so many top end barbs here (except Kain of coz). I am currently using HOTA/WW build and I find myself needing some sort of fury generation in the 3rd passive slot. As such, I can't afford to drop IK belt for WH since 6% LS is the rock bottomline against mp10 Siegey. In fact, I can't really depart from IK Belt since I can't think of any reasonably priced alternative to achieve the 2 set bonus.

P.S: In this thread I suppose I need to declare how much I can crit with HOTA: 70-100M

@ Death and other pros: please share some gearing/build/skill advice for my setup.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]