Diablo® III

Talk me into or out of a Witching Hour

@ yuench, your fix is as simple as a skill swap. Drop War Cry and use bash with punish rune, not only will that solve your fury problems, but it will increase your damage output and allow you to use tough as nails passive to return your armor to it's current level. WC is really just a crutch and really with the skill swap I suggested the only thing you're losing is the 20% more AR from impunity. You should be doing more than enough damage between WW and HoTA to keep the health flowing from your LS.
Edited by Death#1408 on 2/4/2013 10:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
@death

I didn't suggest rings becoz SOJ too good to give up and Hellfire has the exp bonus which i know he will want.

And since if hes getting WH, IK gloves is the only part left to retain the bonus. IK with ias and AR can be very expensive.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 2/4/2013 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
@death

I didn't suggest rings becoz SOJ too good to give up and Hellfire has the exp bonus which i know he will want.

And since if hes getting WH, IK gloves is the only part left to retain the bonus. IK with ias and AR can be very expensive.

As a Skorn user, he should really be using more IAS gear anyway instead of the HF ring he has on now. But anyway even if he decided to keep the HF ring on he is still left with spreading the AR between lacunis and gloves. His gear set really isn't ready to support a WH belt as it is unless he got one with a lot of AR. Then in that case he'd still need to add AR to gloves and bracers anyway.
Reply Quote
@death

As a Skorn user, he should really be using more IAS gear anyway instead of the HF ring he has on now. But anyway even if he decided to keep the HF ring on he is still left with spreading the AR between lacunis and gloves. His gear set really isn't ready to support a WH belt as it is unless he got one with a lot of AR. Then in that case he'd still need to add AR to gloves and bracers anyway.

Yup.. do agree. I said too not for the moment.
Even getting alot AR from WH, he's still on the low side.

@Doc
Rake up some ias and try WW? WW/rend skorn built is very OP.
Reply Quote
@Yuench

Warcry is quite a waste of skill. Only time it shines is PVP where fury is so precious and AR and armor is never enough.

I pick a primary skill like Death suggest too. Bash punish is nice for extra damage.
But i prefer Frenzy Smith. It's primary purpose to stun extra fast kiters with extra HP.
Nothing more.... because those are the only things that irritants me. One proc stun allows me to smash them 3times.

Or....

If i feel like playing no fury generator swapping Warcry for Overpower killing spree.
I grab a cold SOJ. It gives cold snares give me the confidence to WW without any fury generation skill. If you grab a -5Hota soj, i pretty sure you can hammer with full globe as long as you like.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 2/4/2013 11:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Death and Horngyuh80

Thanks for the comments. My current setup allows me to deal with mp10 siege/zk at 550 AR and 6 LS. That's why I chose WC (charge) to do extra sprint and ignite fury for HOTA/WW/Wotb. I consiered Overpower (Momentum) but it doesnt help one on one situation.

So, it only leaves Smite and Punish as you suggest. I like Punish since it can enable me to crit up to 140M. Never used Frenzy but will test it out. That said, the major problem is my mouse cant accommodate HOTA, primary skill and WW altogether lol
Reply Quote
@ Death and Horngyuh80

Thanks for the comments. My current setup allows me to deal with mp10 siege/zk at 550 AR and 6 LS. That's why I chose WC (charge) to do extra sprint and ignite fury for HOTA/WW/Wotb. I consiered Overpower (Momentum) but it doesnt help one on one situation.

So, it only leaves Smite and Punish as you suggest. I like Punish since it can enable me to crit up to 140M. Never used Frenzy but will test it out. That said, the major problem is my mouse cant accommodate HOTA, primary skill and WW altogether lol

BTW try replacing hota on the key pad of your warcry.
Frenzy on your current left click as it has become your primary skill. Makes sense here.
You will find very little change in the way you play. Don't worry. =)

Hold frenzy on target mobs, sprint (In case mobs run off), then spam your hota key. They will alternate hit.
Start spamming hota releasing your frenzy hold when globe is full or a stun proc.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 2/5/2013 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
So just for the hell of it I bought some cheap AS IK gloves and a cheap WH with around 200 strength. My resists fall to low 400's and my damage goes up to 290 unbuffed with passives. I strolled around on MP10 for a couple hours. I didn't seem to have any survivability problems, but did not really come up on any extra nasty packs. I doubt I'd be able to uber though. I'll probably go ahead and try anyway. I think hitting 2.86 with both weapons would probably help vs ubers, but I doubt it would be enough with such low resists.
Edited by DrFish#1781 on 2/6/2013 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]