Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.7 release

So...maybe it's just me...but anyone else getting annoyed that this patch is taking so long?
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Personally, I would much rather prefer that Blizzard take their time and implement the changes correctly and thoroughly test it on the PTR than throw it into the game half finished.

This is why SCII remains to be such a great game. The game is THOROUGHLY playtested with every single patch by members of the community and all changes made are minor.

For this reason, I am glad that Blizzard is taking their time with D3 patch releases and making sure that each patch is a stark improvement over the last one and not a complete step backwards.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Drothvader
Personally, I would much rather prefer that Blizzard take their time and implement the changes correctly and thoroughly test it on the PTR than throw it into the game half finished.

I agree on that, let them work out the problems but I am sure even if they do as with any game and I do mean any game, there will still be some issues.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Drothvader

Wish they did that with D3 before release, instead of ignoring a vast majority of feedback during beta, then following up on a large amount of those exact same issues a couple weeks AFTER release, lol.
Reply Quote
I willing to wait as long as it takes. They need to test things and fix things so take the time and do it right or atleast the best the can.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 10:51 PMPosted by TianZi

Wish they did that with D3 before release, instead of ignoring a vast majority of feedback during beta, then following up on a large amount of those exact same issues a couple weeks AFTER release, lol.

I would not really agree with this statement. Good portion of the feedback given was not really viable, since a lot of them were based on matters that were based on the game overall. But the perspective of the game wad far too narrow due to the beta limitations. Furthermore, the beta itself, goal wise, was based on networking, server capacity and hardware, not content. Hence the lack of feedback being acted upon.

The beta changed quite a bit but without access to the full game, giving feedback was quite limited. Although there was alterations to skill to quite a degree pre-launch. So, it is not so much that Blizzard ignored the feedback, but more so, they were selective in what they focused on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]