Diablo® III

Any chance of...

Diablo getting "bit" reworked before expansion or at least in expansion?
Game has been out for long enough and changed a lot, so it's not as hard as it was and maps are too small, not to mention that RNG on map layouts get so predictable after some time and makes game feel even more repetative.

Also once we finish Inferno, why are we forced to use quest system and listen to same thing over and over again with cutscenes that most got sick of? Why cant we have freedom to farm how we want and where we want with all bosses spawned and all WPs like we could in D2?
It would give people way more freedom and it's not like bosses drops are so good that farming all of them in one go would break game or something.

Also you have loot that's adjusted to AH, so it's obvious that it has to be less rewarding than it was in D2, but there's no item sink and by now only top items are able to sell, oh and ofc we can sell gold find + pickup radius gear as bots love it. How about you remove gold find and leave it so it's only gained by Para level? That would at least slow bots a bit.
And as there's no item sink and market gets oversaturated is there any chance of getting all loot to be bound on equip? That would solve quite few problems with D3, and AH would still serve it's purpose.

And do you have any plans to do those things in future?

AS for PvP I think dueling was smart move as you'll be able to see how it preforms so when real PvP hits it should be rather good. Kuddos.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 03:03 AMPosted by sahataba
What is ""BIT""???
Reply Quote
like we could in D2?
D3 Dev team has stated they want -0- to do with any d2 ideas....
Reply Quote
AS for PvP I think dueling was smart move as you'll be able to see how it preforms so when real PvP hits it should be rather good. Kuddos.
LOL Dueling pvp is not real pvp, from your own words.... LOL.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 03:12 AMPosted by hellsaura
What is ""BIT""???

A bit, hey English isn't my native so bear that in mind

02/07/2013 03:13 AMPosted by hellsaura
D3 Dev team has stated they want -0- to do with any d2 ideas....

It's not D2 idea just example of how it works rly simple way to describe that idea.

02/07/2013 03:15 AMPosted by hellsaura
LOL Dueling pvp is not real pvp, from your own words.... LOL.

Well "real PvP" will come with 1.1, this is pretty much preview of how things work, it is PvP but not one that was originally presented as D3 PvP, but pls do LOL some more.

Oh and you could at least learn to use forum and reply proper way if you'll play smart.
Edited by sahataba#2599 on 2/7/2013 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Game has been out for long enough and changed a lot, so it's not as hard as it was and maps are too small, not to mention that RNG on map layouts get so predictable after some time and makes game feel even more repetative.

Also once we finish Inferno, why are we forced to use quest system and listen to same thing over and over again with cutscenes that most got sick of? Why cant we have freedom to farm how we want and where we want with all bosses spawned and all WPs like we could in D2?
It would give people way more freedom and it's not like bosses drops are so good that farming all of them in one go would break game or something.

Also you have loot that's adjusted to AH, so it's obvious that it has to be less rewarding than it was in D2, but there's no item sink and by now only top items are able to sell, oh and ofc we can sell gold find + pickup radius gear as bots love it. How about you remove gold find and leave it so it's only gained by Para level? That would at least slow bots a bit.
And as there's no item sink and market gets oversaturated is there any chance of getting all loot to be bound on equip? That would solve quite few problems with D3, and AH would still serve it's purpose.

And do you have any plans to do those things in future?

First of all with all of the patches I say that they are already working on this game like they said before launch. They are in this game for the long haul.

Second in all of the farming that I have done I have not had to complete a single quest or listen to the entire dialog over and over again. Unless you are not going on a farming route and just doing the quest over and over again. Sure you will be bored to tears.

Just do the classic Alkaiser act 3 run and problem solved.

Finally the AH was only one factor in the drop rates. The drop rates were not based entirely around the AH.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:40 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
First of all with all of the patches I say that they are already working on this game like they said before launch. They are in this game for the long haul.

Well that is the whole point of patches but than again so many ppl quit D3, and many are getting bored of it, myself included, and pls note that I play on EU not US so when u click my profile it's far from real...

Second in all of the farming that I have done I have not had to complete a single quest or listen to the entire dialog over and over again. Unless you are not going on a farming route and just doing the quest over and over again. Sure you will be bored to tears.

Just do the classic Alkaiser act 3 run and problem solved.

And farming same route aka game comming down to reverse core of arreat > tower of damned 1 > crater 2 > fields and finish with depts 2 is something that game comes down to? 10-15min runs is something you look forward to do and you feel that that gives you enough rewarding experience? With patch NV stacks will transfer through acts and that is great but guess what you'll have to listen to same stuff and skips cutscenes a lot.
It's nice feature when you play game for first time but after clearing Inferno I would love to have some option of avoiding them as they become useless.

As I said maps are repetative and small, RNG there should be adjusted to pace that game has now as I remember how game felt during first few weeks after it was released and than it was ok, but than they had no idea how endgame will look like as it haven't rly been tested.

So for example you wouldnt like to visit Cyadea and Ghom during Alkaizer run? Or just clear all bosses without having to quest all the time for fun of it? And it's no problem to you?

02/07/2013 05:40 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Finally the AH was only one factor in the drop rates. The drop rates were not based entirely around the AH.

Ye and that's why you are able to get good gear if you play solo, and you can feel that game is rewarding.
Loot had to be adjusted to AH as you cant have as rewarding loot experience as you would in single player game and if you think it isn't than my guess would be that you haven't played much of D2, or any other ARPG for that matter.
Since all here revolves around gear.

Just to be clear i pretty much still play D3 on daily basis but much more casual as it's bit boring to waste time on IDing stuff that you just vendor or salvage.
Reply Quote
View profile
And farming same route aka game comming down to reverse core of arreat > tower of damned 1 > crater 2 > fields and finish with depts 2 is something that game comes down to? 10-15min runs is something you look forward to do and you feel that that gives you enough rewarding experience? With patch NV stacks will transfer through acts and that is great but guess what you'll have to listen to same stuff and skips cutscenes a lot.
It's nice feature when you play game for first time but after clearing Inferno I would love to have some option of avoiding them as they become useless.

As I said maps are repetative and small, RNG there should be adjusted to pace that game has now as I remember how game felt during first few weeks after it was released and than it was ok, but than they had no idea how endgame will look like as it haven't rly been tested.

So for example you wouldnt like to visit Cyadea and Ghom during Alkaizer run? Or just clear all bosses without having to quest all the time for fun of it? And it's no problem to you?

What quest are you doing when doing an Alkaiser run. Do you actually kill Azmodan. Are you suppose to listen to all of the NPC dialogue. What cut scenes do you have to skip. The only thing that is annoying on that run is where Azmodan talks about pain and anguish. But that is all, there is no cut scenes no NPC dialogue you have to listen to. Just type in Alkaiser run and show me in a 15 minute run where you have a cut scene or some NPC banter other than what I mentioned. Show me what quest you are completing. Kill Azmodan, show me where that is part of the classic Alkaiser run.
Reply Quote
View profile
Ye and that's why you are able to get good gear if you play solo, and you can feel that game is rewarding.
Loot had to be adjusted to AH as you cant have as rewarding loot experience as you would in single player game and if you think it isn't than my guess would be that you haven't played much of D2, or any other ARPG for that matter.
Since all here revolves around gear.

Just to be clear i pretty much still play D3 on daily basis but much more casual as it's bit boring to waste time on IDing stuff that you just vendor or salvage.

As long as we agree that the drop rates and quality of drops are not based entirely off of the AH then we are fine. But if you believe otherwise than that is what you want to believe.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:31 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
As long as we agree that the drop rates and quality of drops are not based entirely off of the AH then we are fine. But if you believe otherwise than that is what you want to believe.

Is the AH optional? Like do I have to use it at all?

If you answer no, then why do drops take the AH into consideration at all? It should be some other source that has 0 effect on the average user, unless that user wants to partake of the service.

They've (Blizz) admitted that drops were tuned with the AH in mind, but not much clarification into what that truly means. I'm not saying you can't find good drops, or that rates are bad, or that you can't find what you need/want... there are examples of this all through the player base.

But where money is involved, there's a lot of grey area in what you'll be told as a customer.
Edited by Matticles#1220 on 2/7/2013 10:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:28 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
What quest are you doing when doing an Alkaiser run. Do you actually kill Azmodan. Are you suppose to listen to all of the NPC dialogue. What cut scenes do you have to skip. The only thing that is annoying on that run is where Azmodan talks about pain and anguish. But that is all, there is no cut scenes no NPC dialogue you have to listen to. Just type in Alkaiser run and show me in a 15 minute run where you have a cut scene or some NPC banter other than what I mentioned. Show me what quest you are completing. Kill Azmodan, show me where that is part of the classic Alkaiser run.

No you don't really get my point, have you by any chance played Diablo 2 as it would help you to get what i'm trying to say?

It's so wrong that whole game has come down to Alkaizer or Raoha runs, and that you CAN'T get all bosses up at same time after you finish story but instead game still works on story mode which is rather boring.
And as i told there's no need for me to search Alkaizer run on net don't worry I've done it a lot more times than you did, but after all only thing to do is more of similar runs and you're limited to them as there's no freedom in deciding farming routes if u dont want to see cutscenes take last quest you need that covers areas you plan on farming and just rinse and repeat, well that's ok but why can't we have bosses up and option to turn of story mode if we want to?

How many ppl listened them when they took down hell on 1st char? Now guess how many do it after getting all classes to 60.

And last but not the least, are you happy with map size and RNG? Does pony level even capture smallest fraction of fun Cow level had?
They "fixed" game with various nerfs and that changed game a lot, I've played it scince release day and it's not as hard as it was intended to be so maps don't feel that big anymore and that's normal as they were designed for much harder mobs without endgame builds in mind etc...

They did some things well but still just check how many ppl are online and still play it active and that will tell you more than any other thing.

p.s.
Also having ID all option would be so awesome as current ID system is only time sink, even after it was reduced to 1 sec for rares due to loot quality and state of AH it's more of pain in the !@# than some rewarding experience, and as they stated rolls are determined upon drop so there's no real reason not to do it.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/07/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Matticles

Is the AH optional? Like do I have to use it at all?

If you answer no, then why do drops take the AH into consideration at all? It should be some other source that has 0 effect on the average user, unless that user wants to partake of the service.

They've (Blizz) admitted that drops were tuned with the AH in mind, but not much clarification into what that truly means. I'm not saying you can't find good drops, or that rates are bad, or that you can't find what you need/want... there are examples of this all through the player base.

But where money is involved, there's a lot of grey area in what you'll be told as a customer.

I know that there are players that have never used either AH and have found all of their gear. I am working on a current experiment and I will see if what I think will pay off. I will be using the barbarian. When his paragon level is high enough I will then see if I can find better gear for my other two dreads. If so then he can be my farming character. Then all other characters can benefit from his farming.

Also logic and reasoning would be able to fill in the gaps. First of all if the AH had full control over the drop rates and quality. Then no one would be finding any gear at all and it would be a Blizz controlled economy. Meaning that Blizz is the one generating all of the gear and posting all of the gear on the AH's. That would be a stupid thing for Blizz to do, as I am sure you are well aware of.

Also they know that the AHs are the quickest way of getting better gear. But they have to be careful not to have the drop rate and quality set where you flood the market with the best gear in the game with near perfect rolls. That would not do the AHs any good at all. But at the same time you would not want a drop rate and drop quality so low that everyone quits the great item hunt. Where they do not even bother to find their own gear. No sellers equal zero buyers. They have had to find a happy medium. Have they achieve that point yet. That is unknown, and only time will answer that question.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]