Diablo® III

Rank the bat runes!

I'm still a pretty new WD and branching out into other spells. My apologies for not really knowing much about things that aren't bears, frogs, or acid.

I was trying to figured out why people prefer Dire Bats over Hungry Bats. Why is that?

Then I thought: Hey! All these runes are quite different. I wonder what the general consensus is on their usefulness?

So....any thoughts on how they stack up against each other? (I'm talking very generally, for PVE)
Reply Quote
I've tried all the runes, but not enough to have very useful feelings/opinions about them yet.

Thank you for whatever ones you guys have!
Reply Quote
Very build dependent. Cloud, Plague and Dire have their uses - the others are pure sh!t.
Reply Quote
I spent some time tinkering with Hungry. Why is it so sh1t?
Reply Quote
Targeting is off by a huge margin, and dps seems pretty far removed from what the tooltip says.
Reply Quote
hunger needs a rework compared to SB, but the one that gives you life works rather well if you stack it with big ls and a little ehp makes you rather tanky.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 03:43 PMPosted by manvan
Targeting is off by a huge margin, and dps seems pretty far removed from what the tooltip says.

What do you mean by targeting is off? It seems like it was seeking mobs, but only within about a 30 yard radius.

Could the DPS actually be wrong from listed? That'd be a surprising bug.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?q=hungry+bats&f=post&forum=3354999

Lot of stuff brought up there about Hungry Bats.

Look, honestly, if 30 yards was acceptable, then I'd be spamming bears instead all day long.
Reply Quote
<dedicated plague bats user, cloud of bats is good if you are playing for mp10.
Reply Quote
<dedicated plague bats user, cloud of bats is good if you are playing for mp10.

I spent most of last night playing with plague bats. It seems pretty strong. But what makes you so dedicated to it?
Reply Quote
I just really like the flexibility. Initially I tried to us nothing but bats, but you really need something with range because the only major downside to plague bats is the way it works with LS/LoH. I paired it with Acid Cloud and haven't looked back since. The animation is just so good, I can cut it up into 1/2 casts and pump exactly the right amount of damage into ever enemy and move on to the next, while still picking up all the globes and grave harvest procs from the dying mobs behind me thanks to stacked radius. In the big picture, I build around globes and radius for my sustain and want to perma jaunt and maintain 4-5 gruesome feast stacks. Compared to bears, PB lets to stay moving while in jaunt, you don't have to eat up whole seconds of your jaunts overkilling mobs, and instead intelligently dose every mob. It is also effectively free for me with 2 bats rolls and near capped base mana regen. Bear users with 2 charger rolls and mana regen still have to eat up a passive or use a primary just to maintain their mana. I could go on, but I'll end on the fact that it even goes right through waller.
Reply Quote
fear the cloud.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 04:54 PMPosted by SayGa
fear the cloud.

This one I don't get. The damage is nice, but the range is crap and the proc rate is not good? Do correct me if I'm wrong.

What's the deal with CoB?
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Chewzilla
I just really like the flexibility. Initially I tried to us nothing but bats, but you really need something with range because the only major downside to plague bats is the way it works with LS/LoH. I paired it with Acid Cloud and haven't looked back since. The animation is just so good, I can cut it up into 1/2 casts and pump exactly the right amount of damage into ever enemy and move on to the next, while still picking up all the globes and grave harvest procs from the dying mobs behind me thanks to stacked radius. In the big picture, I build around globes and radius for my sustain and want to perma jaunt and maintain 4-5 gruesome feast stacks. Compared to bears, PB lets to stay moving while in jaunt, you don't have to eat up whole seconds of your jaunts overkilling mobs, and instead intelligently dose every mob. It is also effectively free for me with 2 bats rolls and near capped base mana regen. Bear users with 2 charger rolls and mana regen still have to eat up a passive or use a primary just to maintain their mana. I could go on, but I'll end on the fact that it even goes right through waller.

Do you tap the button, or hold it down? The poison lingers after casting, right? I have a hard time getting as precise as you're talking about. Of course, this is after like two nights of only using the skill.... :D
Reply Quote
Hungery Bats is awsome.

Auto targeting is 30ish yard but you can target full screen manuly.

It has alot of the same propertys as SB.

Go's around corners. Over walls. But it do's not go though walls.

If you team it up with Pyrogeist your cooking stuff fast.

How ever SB with Well of Souls is like pyrogeist/Hungery bats in one and easyer to use after 1.0.7

Hungery Bats has one good thing going for it that SB do's not it works realy well with the passive
Fetish Sycophants.

I have only tested on mp1-2 and it works wonders at giving it that added something to be great.

I do how ever hear that the Fetish fall flat on there faces at higher mp levels. So this mite only be good at lower mp levels.

I like and use both SB and Hungery bats.

Both my set ups for SB and Hungery bats so far with my crap gear is clearing at about the same speeds.

I'm leaning more towards SB though becouse I have much less down time do to mana. But it kills alittle slower do to no fetish running around and that also makes it alittle less tanky. Thoughs little guys are awsome right now at my mp level.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 06:10 PMPosted by deadclown
Do you tap the button, or hold it down? The poison lingers after casting, right? I have a hard time getting as precise as you're talking about. Of course, this is after like two nights of only using the skill.... :D

I am actually always holding force move(on space bar) and force stand still(on shift) so I am always moving. Then all do is click bats/cloud to fire one off and move command will have me moving the instant the animation is done without having to frantically click on an empty spot to move to. So yes I am sorta tapping it, but it is mostly just to let move command kick in. I have to hold it down on most elites and that's fine. I also tap it when I'm screwing around with fetish synchopants, the 1/2 animations you get from tapping all have a chance to proc fetishes, sometimes I can have 7-8 of them, I just prefer to get a more consistent enrage rolling with spirit vessel.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]