Diablo® III

paragon lvl 100 players and mf.

First off, congrats on plvl 100.

Secondly, that's rng for you. I'm sure I don't have to explain it to you, but pre plvl 20, I got at least a half dozen reasonably good leg/set drops.. maybe not 100 mil or BiS, but good enough to sell for multi million, some were upgrades. Then in my 20's and 30's, I got almost nothing. Not just crappy leg/sets, but no leg/set. Now in my 40's, I get them occasionally. It's just.. random, despite my (and plenty of others) case where drops are inversely proportional to an increasing MF.

Thirdly, 300k dps without SS. Steady Aim or Archery. Christ on a cracker.
Reply Quote
The AH is taken into consideration in regards to item drops, the drop rate. So the more items being posted (trying ot be sold) in the AH's, decreases the drop rates.

Is this, like, the grand Blizzard conspiracy theory, or does anyone have proof of this?
Edited by Kupo#1759 on 2/1/2013 6:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
The AH is taken into consideration in regards to item drops, the drop rate. So the more items being posted (trying ot be sold) in the AH's, decreases the drop rates.

Is this, like, the grand Blizzard conspiracy theory, or does anyone have proof of this?

That is completely a bunch of baloney. Someone from Blizz was quoted as saying that, pre-release, when they were setting drop rates they took the fact that the AH existed into account, that there was an additional place for people to get items from. That's it. Despite all the crap you read on here, there is no ongoing dynamic calculation that adjusts drop rates based on how many items are in the AH. Similar to the crackpot Loot Server theory, but even less believable.
Reply Quote
This is wat happened to me. B4 patch1.05, i was a happy man playing D3 because the legs drop rate for me is much better than other players and most of them are really good and I made a lot of gold from the AH. Then people started crying in the forum for better drop rate. I was against it because I knew the quality of legs will not like b4.
True enough, Bliz satisfied your thirst for legs but look at the quality nowadays. The joy and excitement of seeing it drop has died off and sometime I don't even feel like picking them up, After the 1.05 patch. I haven't found anything that can be sold in AH for more than 50 mil. Are you experiencing the same thing?

I feel you bro. It's been literally months since I found anything worth more than 50+ mil. I usually get 2-3 legs every other run but EVERY SINGLE ONE IS TRASH. Most of this time I've had 500+ MF. Still I find nothing but trash.

I've moved on now. I tried logging today and just couldn't do it. Ot all just feels pointless, unrewarding, and completely non progressive. I'm done playing the lottery. I've moved on to a better game where time=actual progression. Instead of just mindlessly farming for trash with that 1/9999999999 chance of finding anything remotely useful for any7 of my characters.
Reply Quote
I think once players reach Paragon 100, Blizzard should remove the MF cap that is placed on players so that they can have as much MF % based on their items.
Reply Quote
I sticked to the "RNG is RNG" for a long time. Then not so much

Got one PL100 and one PL88 on my main account and one PL12 and PL8 on my second one

Guess which ones are finding most my legendaries ? Surely not the high PL ones...

I don't care about statements or maths or whatever. i think I have a pretty good sample with over 1500 hours played over 4 characters and that's why I roll out new characters and level them as soon as I see leg drop rates go down
Reply Quote
If you focus too hard on one thing, you will notice RNG more.

I played Risk with some family over the holidays, and I swear I rolled 1's more than anyone else. But dice are dice, and it was probably balanced. I was focusing on my own 1's more than I was focusing on my opponents' 1's.

When you only focus on Legendaries, or Reflect Damage, or a particular purple monster, you will drive yourself crazy. I recommend opening up the number of reasons you play for.

Here's one way: starting building a set of the best white gear you can find (Superior Archon). Why do this? PvP leagues will probably develop around white gear, and they may be good for runewords someday. If you find a perfect one, it can actually sell well on the AH.
Reply Quote
Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind

People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time

All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy

Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify

Can you help me occupy my brain?

Oh yeah
Edited by ArchMage#1555 on 2/1/2013 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
separate rant: whyyyyyy whyyy whyyy are there even level 58 items dropping in inferno when the prereq for getting to inferno is being level 60? Those legendary shoulders that i get all the time, oh and the wizard hats? no player that is farming a3 inferno is going to need that or even bother trying to sell it.

Ok first. Seriously? You know 52lvl items used to drop right ? Then a 58 lvl can actually roll 63stats. This is already hugely buffed and we don't need to discuss it in my opinion its perfectly fine now.

Im 98 and half. Seems to me like you went from 96-100 extremely fast gratz on making 100! On other hand. Maybe you missed some legends that droped or just with a max exp efficiency the route you are doing isn't generating those pretty beam we all like to see. I don't know how many I have got from 96 to my lvl now but I know its more then 48. I have got 14 in 1 day then 6 the next then maybe 8. maybe I don't play much 4. I know in my build I now am not in a race to get to 100 and I have a build for Farming to maximize drops running Grim harvest for extra loot and goldskin etc.

Maybe list where you farm the route you take the MP and if you change it often or at all ? Then feed back can be given on how to help you find more loot. I mean recently I just watched a condensed version of a live stream with the goal to get 20 legends in 1 day it only took 8 hours and a lot of them were nice. So it can be done.

Hope this helps and ill link my thread on my build for farming ive gotten some good feed back and its different from what a lot of people do so maybe a change can help you. and you we play with some renewed life. :) Good luck.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764377048 here my build for farming/legend gear and gold.
Reply Quote

That is completely a bunch of baloney. Someone from Blizz was quoted as saying that, pre-release, when they were setting drop rates they took the fact that the AH existed into account, that there was an additional place for people to get items from. That's it. Despite all the crap you read on here, there is no ongoing dynamic calculation that adjusts drop rates based on how many items are in the AH. Similar to the crackpot Loot Server theory, but even less believable.

I don't think the AH is taken into account in real-time when a legendary (or any other item) drops. I have observed that loot does drop in ways that reeks of some sort of human effort (or possibly mistake) to...well to do what I'm not sure.

I typically play on weekends and late evenings. I have seen high frequencies of the same legendary or set item over the duration of a weekend. 5 months into the game I'd never even seen a Chantodo's wand drop, then suddenly over one weekend I found two of them. I've had weekend sessions where legendary belts were dropping like candy. I'd never found a Windforce until a week and a half ago -- since then I've found three.

I've also been in games where the same legendary has dropped moments apart for me. Or it drops for me and then a moment later for someone else in the game.

Given the rarity and number of possible legendaries these types of events should be much more infrequent than what I observe. Basically I've observed both expected and unexpected behavior in terms of legendary and set drops. Expected behavior is you do not get very many of them and there is a high variance in the ones you do find. Unexpected behavior is seeing the trends I've described above. "RNG is RNG" allows for the unexpected behavior to occur, but the frequency with which it occurs is what sends my alarm bells ringing.

Now I'll repeat what I said that I do not think AH is taken into consideration in real time when items drop as this would be computationally expensive. But it is feasible that some sort of scheduled program runs every 15, 30, 120 or whatever minutes and makes minor adjustments to loot tables that are used in the real-time calculations of what will drop.

Also consider that the following note appears in the 1.0.7 notes, which indicates there are bug(s) in how legendary items are dropped:
"The Incense Torch of the Grand Temple and Neanderthal can now drop"

Basically my intuition as a developer and the trends I've seen regarding legendary / set drops leads me to think that something is fishy.

(edit: Reworded last sentence to make sense)
Edited by superfiend#1698 on 2/1/2013 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
hmmm, I dont usually wear the tinfoil hat. But same here, the higher the plvl the less set/legs drop and when they do,.... well, we all know,... they suk
Reply Quote
I have to agree on this, ever since i leveled past 95 to 98 now it seems like my drops depleted totally... use to find 3-10 legendaries in 2-3 hours of play now its like 0 in 3 hours of play lol...
Reply Quote
I haven't found anything good since i hit 100... infact from lvl 95 onwards its been junk junk and more junk...

I rarely find beams of light any more. Did 5 hours of MP2 high density A3 runs and got 2 beams of light, both automatic brimstone.

Its getting quite annoying.... haven't seen a green beam of light in over a week which is an all time low for me...
Reply Quote
Paragon 100 and still find a butch of crap hardly find anything worth selling at all.

The drops seem to be lower then they used to be when patch 1.06 came out
Reply Quote
View profile
Just play D3 for the fun of it. Don't expect anything and you'll enjoy the game at it's fullest potential.
Reply Quote
View profile
Also, stay away from RMAH. By supporting it, you're feeding the greedy corporate mouths at Blizz.
Reply Quote

I believe this is true, this is my opinion though and from what I've experience. I check the AH all the time for new upgrades or maybe stuff to buy and resell. From what I've noticed, when ever there is a few items with certain stats, eventually there will be more drops with those stats and they usually happen at the same time, so a few more will be on the AH similar to each other. I have a zuni chest that has 180+ int and 500+ Life Regen, I've had it for a very long time, when legends were actually hard to get. I would always check if there was a better one on the AH or how much it was currently going for. There were times when there was around 10+ on the AH close to those stats. Then there were times when there were only like 1 or 2 of them on the AH. I would check frequently and then all of a sudden like around 10 more pop out of nowhere? Haven't you ever noticed, when you get a legend that is pretty good, lets say 20mil-100mil item, you post it right away and then another gets posted with in minutes or a few hours close with the same stats? Then with all of them coming out at the same time you have to start undercutting. Thats why when I get a good legend, I just wait like a week or so till the others sell and mine is only left or maybe another.
Edited by Miguel#1632 on 2/1/2013 5:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
The chance of finding something good in diablo 3 is pretty low. Just look at what it takes to find something good. You have to have a perfect storm of stats on an item, AND those stats all have to roll high numbers. Combined with the fact that legendary items dont drop all the time and you have a reason for finding a ton of terrible items. And on top of rolling perfect stats on your loot, you also have to roll high damage for a weapon. I'm pretty sure there is a stat out there that 99.99% of the yellow items found in the game are sold to a vendor. I bet the only reason it isnt the same with legendary items is because they disenchant into crafting materials which may soon become useful. For every good legendary on the AH there are thousands sitting in people's stashes as fiery brimstone or as gold on their character. Finding bad items is just part of the game.
Reply Quote
Dear people,

Stop abbreviating "legendaries" as "legs".

Sincerely,

sane people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]