Diablo® III

Is a 300-400+ LOH blackthornes pants enough?

View profile
As title, is 300-400+ LOH on pants enough to heal you up with acid cloud on high MP levels?

Thinking of dropping my 900+ LOH ammy for a crit chance ammy...but wonder if dropping my LOH to 400+ will be enough to heal me up decently fast...i take a lot of damage...
Reply Quote
With a 6% LS skorn you are probably fine.
Reply Quote
View profile
problem is i'm not lol. I mean if I use range to do most of my damage like WoS then its fine. But I try to use CoB as much as possible...and for some reason I crit very seldom and thus heal up through lifesteal very seldom...not fast enough to heal up when all the mob surround me and rain blows in anyway lol...
Reply Quote
Around 400LOH on pants and 2500 life regen enough to heal me on MP8-10.
Reply Quote
high MP im good around 1000loh...if less i really feel it specially vs RD
Reply Quote
Considering the new patch effectively tames the only hard affix left in this game, Reflect, 400 loh is definitely enough. With 3 ls and 400 loh a couple dumps of acid cloud heals me right up. Sacraficing loh for significant damage on your amulet is effectively giving you more survival as your lifesteal will also heal you quicker.
Reply Quote
View profile
CoB is problematic as you have to stand still to ramp it up, which means you get hit a lot. Plus it doesn't proc LoH as well as some other skills.

Per proc guide in stickied Index to Builds and Guides

Cloud of Bats = 25%/enemy/tick
Acid Cloud = 16%,33%,50%,66%,100%/enemy/tick (This number is all over the place, the closer to the center, the bigger the proc is)
Rain of Toads = 50%/enemy/tick STACKS

In conclusion you would need a lot more LoH with CoB than if you used toads or AC. So you need to pile on the LoH if you want to use CoB, abandon CoB, or come over to the dark side and get a LS Skorn.

And no 400+ LoH from Blackthorne's is nowhere near enough LoH. You would probably need 1000-1500 or more.

I like CoB, I really do. But when you compare it to bears, which lets you cast and move, bears does better damage and keeps you alive better. Standing still on high MP is a fast way to die.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 2/1/2013 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
I run 1100loh with an Acid Rain/ Rain of Toads build and I find it to be barely enough on mp8+
Reply Quote
Your damage mitigation is a very big factor in "enough" healing? The higher your resistances, armor, etc the more effective healing is.
Reply Quote
View profile
Your damage mitigation is a very big factor in "enough" healing? The higher your resistances, armor, etc the more effective healing is.

Actually the tankier you are, the less damage you take. Has nothing to do with your healing rate.
Reply Quote
Blazinga is right

The higher your AR and Armor the higher your defences = taking less damge = needing less Life recorvery.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 11:51 AMPosted by skywalkerfx

Actually the tankier you are, the less damage you take. Has nothing to do with your healing rate.

If you cut the damage you take in half, you cut the amount of healing you require in half. Pretty straight forward concept.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/01/2013 11:01 AMPosted by skywalkerfx
Standing still on high MP is a fast way to die.

I agree...why is CoB a channeling immobile skill TT
Reply Quote
View profile
Where have you been and how come you aren't doing your drop thread anymore?

And just what are you doing now with this bat build and no Zuni gear?
Reply Quote
View profile
comp went dead lol...rarely playing nowadays...

posted this thread cause I saw a video by SayGa on using firebats and he was running with only blackthornes pants as LOH with acid cloud...

but he was using Well of souls to kill mainly...not so much cloud of bats...
Edited by EremiteAngel#6608 on 2/8/2013 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Ah SayGa! That dude can make any build work. I never could get used to CoB. Hope you get your computer problems worked out.
Reply Quote
I found 400 LoH was not enough with a 1 hander. I've haven't used a Skorn with high LS yet. I just wonder if I can get rid of 400 LoH (see my Pox).

Play the pony level on high MP and see what I mean. Those !@#$ing cute animals hurt a lot on MP8.

I have about 1200 LoH, 800 life regen, and 2.4% life steal 1 hander
Examples:
Against reflects:
Bears alone is very bad (duh)
One acid rain every 3s + bears is bad
Two Acid rain every 3s + bears is ok usually
If they start hitting me, then I need to stop using bears and run away with acid rain/WoS, or when I run out of mana and I need to switch.

One acid rain every 3s + WoS is good
Depending on the enemies and affixes, I'll just stand there if one or two come near me, two acid rain and then wos/bears.
Major problem comes with knockback and nightmarish, and even more so adding electric onto that. The major cloud of bats weakness I found was even white enemies that can knockback, totally fubars your flow and opens you up to taking damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]