Diablo® III

Archon wiz LS or no vs RD?

how do most archon wizards handle Reflects damage?
Reply Quote
I handle it with blood magic. I have no LS on my weapon.
Reply Quote
bump :(
Reply Quote
View profile
02/01/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Pro
how do most archon wizards handle Reflects damage?

With your dps, bloodmagic would be fine but your armor and resist are really low. If you had 4k armor and 550+ AR, you would be ok. You definitely need life steal or more damage mitigation. For me, 300k buffed dps is the limit to use bloodmagic. At 340k, I need kill RD monsters one or two at a time. With my leorics and crappy hellfire ring my dps drops to 285k buffed and I can kill the entire RD pack at once. Hope this helps!

Not a bad hellfire ring, BTW!.
Reply Quote
I always use LS, usually with blood magic. I'd rather farm at a low MP with just one freak death in several runs than farm a high MP with multiple deaths per run. 4.5LS is enough to handle even the nastiest packs like RD-fast Tremors without dying.

But you should know. You gots more on that scorn than I do all together. :P
Reply Quote
yeah i need to increase resists and armor i guess because i sometimes still dont lifesteal enough with skorn and blood magic to stay alive vs RD. thanks for the help
Reply Quote
Life Steal weapon + blood magic + facetanking.
Reply Quote
You need Life steal to do reflects well blood magic is not enough.
Reply Quote
I use a 3% LS weapon and alternate on and off between Blood Magic or Force Weapon.

I suspect I will likely continue to use 3% LS after 1.0.7 even with the Reflect Damage simply because it gives me leeway to handle other damaging affixes. Teleporting Fire Chains that port all around me causes a fair amount of damage. So does a horde of mortar minions...
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 11:24 AMPosted by BDF

This is my standpoint.
Reply Quote
Be aware that there is a nasty interaction with RD and mobs with damage reducing abilities (tremors in "block" mode and shields that the fat kazra cultists can cast, mainly) that causes the damage returned to be based on your sheet dps but the lifesteal to be calculated based on the damage they actually take. This makes them extremely dangerous to characters who rely on lifesteal because it effectively reduces your lifesteal to a fraction of what it should be. If these mobs are giving you problems, learn to be on the lookout for them and start kiting and waiting to beam them when they aren't protected.
Reply Quote
I always have LS and bloodmagic on for a grand total of 4%, no other way to survive past mp7 as a archon
Reply Quote

this
Reply Quote
With your dps, bloodmagic would be fine but your armor and resist are really low. If you had 4k armor and 550+ AR, you would be ok. You definitely need life steal or more damage mitigation. For me, 300k buffed dps is the limit to use bloodmagic. At 340k, I need kill RD monsters one or two at a time. With my leorics and crappy hellfire ring my dps drops to 285k buffed and I can kill the entire RD pack at once. Hope this helps!

your mean is 1.07 or 1.06.If 1.06 i can say impossible with blood magic
Edited by DevilHunter#6873 on 2/2/2013 2:15 AM PST
Reply Quote

yes,i think so
Reply Quote
agree
Reply Quote
since i only use archon for mp2-mp3 and i dont need crazy dps values, i just use a ls sever... and love ot for its lok bonus. im not even looking for a real archon weapon as im pretty satisfied with it as its very effective for its value.

here is my current non standard archon build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ximae-1789/hero/1342065
Edited by ximae#1789 on 2/2/2013 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
ls is a must for archon

bar none
Reply Quote
Life steal and blood magic is the only way to go. In Archon form, I am dealing almost 300k sheet dps with 1k resis. Yet when I run into RD packs, I gain life as fast as I lose it from RD damage in mp6 or 7. So if I were to take any additional hits, I would have serious problems unless I kite a bit. So I can't imagine myself without Life steal. Better safe than sorry...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]