Diablo® III

party leader

so mp levels are coming to public games.

when inferno was much harder than it is now, people still join public inferno games despite them arguably not being able to handle it.

i'm expecting the same this time around.

with that, i'm suggesting that there be a party leader. one that has the power to kick people out. no voting. whoever owns the game can kick whoever he wants.
Reply Quote
so mp levels are coming to public games.

when inferno was much harder than it is now, people still join public inferno games despite them arguably not being able to handle it.

i'm expecting the same this time around.

with that, i'm suggesting that there be a party leader. one that has the power to kick people out. no voting. whoever owns the game can kick whoever he wants.

so much for being friendly and helping others in need to get better gear or even a higher than they cant handle MP run can go a long way for someone with bad gear
Reply Quote
exactly. i want to be able to do this when i want. not whenever anybody who needs help pops up. same reason why people are not enabling open game.

if we're talking about me helping, i've helped people get to inferno, get keys, HF plans, boss fights, etc etc.

being friendly is different from being available to help "24/7".
Reply Quote
If you want control make your own games and invite your friends or people on the chat who live up to your high expectations.

No support from me here.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 06:50 PMPosted by PATAYtyoDyan
i'm suggesting that there be a party leader. one that has the power to kick people out. no voting

that doesn't promote a very friendly party games, in fact people will became very Elitist in public games and start kicking other people just because the don't like their skills or items or damage or simply their character names or the fact that they are killing faster you name it i can think a millon of reason why that wouldn't work

don't be a jerk
if you don't like public games

02/03/2013 10:16 PMPosted by DeMasked
make your own games and invite your friends or people on the chat who live up to your high expectations.
Reply Quote
purpose of this is to have control of your game and meet new people.

yes, my monk can play up to mp10. does that mean i'll always play at that level? no.

if i play mp1, anybody else who can are welcome. that goes with mp3, 5, 8, 10, whatever. i'll play at a level i feel like.

you won't see my barb, wd, dh on high mps with other people i don't know. that's just inconsiderate. it's simply joining a game where you can help more than otherwise. on a side note, since timer on death will be standard at x sec, this would definitely benefit everybody.

public games are the quickest way to make "friends" online. general chat works too, but not as effective as literally being in game with other people.

again. if it's about helping or being friendly, i've done that. i do that. i'm pretty confident i've helped out than most people in game on numerous types of request for help. maybe even more than the people who've already posted here. only people i don't help out are those asking help to level.

there's a place and time for everything.

anyway, i was expecting these kind of replies anyway. good day to all of you.
Reply Quote
The opposite is true. I once in the public game (MP0) and saw a barb... spin to win and no one able to catch up with him.

Then one player message the barb to slow down and kill everything as it will give you more experience.

The barb then brag about: "That's why you are level 20 and I am 68." (I kept my silent...)

Then the player claimed the barb, that's because he has no life, not because he spin to win.

The barb then said: "How original"

Then follow by a rage quit from the player.

In this case, if the player was the "party leader", he could have kick the barb instead of rage quit.
Reply Quote
View profile
I honestly don't think the OP is as bad as everyone is making him out to be. Partly because there is no lobby, so you can't name your games. The real answer should be to have both the join random game option, as well as a lobby. Random games would function exactly as they do now, with needing a vote. In a lobby game, the game creator would have sole kicking privileges. If he names the game "Inferno MP 10 Act 3" and a very fresh level 60 joins with the intention of leeching kills and gear, then he should be kicked. You shouldn't join games where you won't be helping the team, but the current implementation doesn't really allow for this.
Reply Quote
Nice i think this should be implemented into the new patch.

02/04/2013 12:53 AMPosted by SurefireWolf
very fresh level 60 joins with the intention of leeching kills and gear

And this is why. Its nice to help people but its also nice when people help you out. And if someone really sucks or is a little kid and is acting dumb, you should be able to boot them out.
Reply Quote
View profile
I also should mention, players are more than allowed to name a game "Free run through Act I MP 10" just to help out new players. But if someone joins a normal MP 10 run horribly undergeared with no intention of helping, then they need to be shown the door.
Edited by SurefireWolf#1836 on 2/4/2013 1:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ya if your trying to do a run a mp10 and you got someone who joins and there only geared for mp1 then there really going to drag you down. Now you should be able to kick for someone that going to be some help.
Reply Quote
thank you @surefire

yes. lobby is definitely a better "fix". mine is just a quick fix and admittedly have other not good effects.

i personally just want to be able to kick -
1. botters
2. afkers
3. leechers. this one is arguable. basically the way i see it, if you die more than you dps, you shouldn't be in said mp level. low dps / high survivability is fine, unless if you obviously gave up dps for MF.
4. won't follow run. if we're doing alkaizer runs we do alkaizer. if we do uber, then uber. if we do whole act 3, then whole act 3. if you don't like it, leave or be kicked.
5. trolls. people who join games to simply piss other people off.
Reply Quote
This idea is already in place, if people are leeching then you can kick yourself out and start a new game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]