Diablo® III

How I dropped OWE: Zuni's set build's around

Hi all! I'm Mattia, an Italian player who play on EU servers. I want to excuse myself if you'll find my English not good enought for you ;)

I chosed to make my move and drop away from OWE. I liked the idea to have one more passive free to try up new things (spirit sink abilities, defences passive, beacon, comb strike etc) so I sold out ALL my items as poison monk.

This wasn't easy and required me almost a pause of 1 month from the game, selling things on d2jsp, ah etc. But one month ago I stealed one item that make me wonder about how to rebuild around Zunimassa. Check my boots

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/banjo-2392/Banjo/21801170

Zunimassa's set is cool. I checked what kind of stats the items stand alone gives you and chosed to build around them.

Zunimassa's Marrow (chest)

90+ Dex
250+ Vit
90+ AR

Zunimassa's Trail

8% Poison dmg
180+dex
80+vit
80+ AR

Zunimassa's Pox

75+Dex
32/34% CD
around 80 AR
2 Dps rolls

Free bonus set: 68 AR

The set to me looked awesome, a LOT of free AR since it gives you 2 out of 3 automatic AR roll, ton of int and an amazing set bonus. Boots are pretty sweet since they give you an unique ability on that slot (8% weapon dmg) that sinergies well with WKL and build around AVG DMG gear.

This 3 items also run well with the 2 best items of the set. Inna's helm is by far the best set helm of the game ( I don't understand too much who want Mempo in that slot to be honest) and Inna's pant are pretty unique.

I was easily set in stone with a VERY cheap no-OWE monk that has a good sinergies overall. I builded it "around a budget" since I still have almost 800M to work around for my weapons and such, while the distribution of stats was damned EASY for me.

Also, keeping gloves/amu/ring as DPS only slot helped me a lot to reduce the price of the full thing.

Weapons are still "on the budget" side but I didn't want to hurry and overpurchase things untill I have a better understimation of what my toon need 1st. Also I had an EF with CD (resold for over 400m) but I HATE the fear effect of it at high mps so I'm looking for a new set-up to go with a WKL atm.
Edited by Banjo#2392 on 2/5/2013 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
First of all, kudos for the inventiveness. An overall good unique char.

But then I must ask: after all this work you had to fill the newly free slot with Beacon of Ytar? So that you can use Serenity a little more often?

The fact that I could not find a passive to use in place of OwE, even if I had it for free, is the reason why I don't feel the pressure to drop it.
Reply Quote
You could use 10% movement speed passive
Reply Quote
It is a nice build, i am just not sure it can compete with the 7ChC bonus of the 2 set nat.

As you say yourself, innas helm is far superior any other helm for monk. Provided you can get your hands on a good one.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 07:38 AMPosted by Zathroth
You could use 10% movement speed passive
Woah! 10% movement speed! Impressive!
Reply Quote

But then I must ask: after all this work you had to fill the newly free slot with Beacon of Ytar? So that you can use Serenity a little more often?

The fact that I could not find a passive to use in place of OwE, even if I had it for free, is the reason why I don't feel the pressure to drop it.

Im guessing he thinks OWE will soon get nerfed. Well I gave up waiting and my monk is fully geared around OWE. If Blizz nerfs OWE too hard, most monks will become useless. I am not spending 7x more for items with AR vs. arcane res.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 07:23 AMPosted by Deus

How is the character any more unique than any other monk? He looks pretty standard to be honest.
Reply Quote
cool. but i've been running this set-up for months now (way before even my monk got to p100). Good to see other people figuring it out as well. Might not be the best gear set-up DPS wise, but a relatively cheap and effective way to gear-up if you have non-OWE in mind and gives way better well-roundedness for your monk unless you have billions to spend on perfectly rolled inna/ nats.
Reply Quote
How about adding the 2 piece IK? Gloves/Helm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]