Diablo® III

Why are items on the AH like 10 thousand billion gold..

02/07/2013 09:35 PMPosted by steakncheese
lol....do you love me enough to upgrade one of my pieces of gear?..... (SO CLOSE to farming MP5) lol
If I didn't liquidate everything I find instantly, yes. I just salvaged a pair of blackthornes that blew yours away. :(

lol....Im sure at P100, there will be others... keep me in mind! lol
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 03:17 AMPosted by JaceAltair
i know i was over exagerating but even 1 billion gold is crazy, for my i only have 7 mil and that seems like alot, it seemed to take me long to build that up that high

this is why i wish they would lower the cap to 1,000,000 gold.. why? because its BS to have +100 million gold.

Are you two high? I haven't been farming for almost 2 weeks now just waiting for 1.0.7 to come out and I still have a lot of Gold. . . I'm even still selling some of the old items I found months ago on my mules, if you just keep farming you'll find lots and lots of items to sell.

Having 100M is BS? LOL! If I didn't spend on stuff I'd have 1Billion Gold right now+ my current assets

You guys are just really, really bad players, good gear is very cheap in this 1.0.6 era, and you can farm Inferno MP1-5 with ease, if you played 1.0.2-1.0.3 I guess you guys would have quit already and QQ'd at the forums as you left if it was back then.

Stop complaining, there are 100M-2B Gold items on the AH because that's what the current supply and demand dictates. . . people are willing pay or have that kind of gold, stop being lazy or jealous.

I decided to check out this monkeys profile after reading this, I nearly fell off my chair laughing.
Reply Quote
thats why i put gear in under priced i under cut all you greedy people
Reply Quote

Are you two high? I haven't been farming for almost 2 weeks now just waiting for 1.0.7 to come out and I still have a lot of Gold. . . I'm even still selling some of the old items I found months ago on my mules, if you just keep farming you'll find lots and lots of items to sell.

Having 100M is BS? LOL! If I didn't spend on stuff I'd have 1Billion Gold right now+ my current assets

You guys are just really, really bad players, good gear is very cheap in this 1.0.6 era, and you can farm Inferno MP1-5 with ease, if you played 1.0.2-1.0.3 I guess you guys would have quit already and QQ'd at the forums as you left if it was back then.

Stop complaining, there are 100M-2B Gold items on the AH because that's what the current supply and demand dictates. . . people are willing pay or have that kind of gold, stop being lazy or jealous.

I decided to check out this monkeys profile after reading this, I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

he is 67K elite kill no lifer ( stoped 2 week...eu server ) . you want to waste life like him?
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 2/7/2013 9:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
the real culprit is the money for gold sites. The availability of gold through those sources have handicapped any who want to play by the rules and within the limits of the game.
Edited by Derf#1593 on 2/7/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
The max gold I've ever gotten was like 60 million and that was from a combination of selling many many items on the ah, none of them were extraordinary, and finding gold. The only way I could ever reach even the billion gold mark would be to play for like thousands of hours.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Jumbo
The max gold I've ever gotten was like 60 million and that was from a combination of selling many many items on the ah, none of them were extraordinary, and finding gold. The only way I could ever reach even the billion gold mark would be to play for like thousands of hours.

Same by me. It is absolutely impossible for me to get a weapon with decent crit dmg, ls, socket and dps over 1k. (thanks to Blizzard, btw, for this super-unrewarding game, good job!). I have never found an item that would sell for hundreds of millions, my top is 40M, then 16M... than nothing. If Blizz already f***ed up this game big time with the AH - as everything is created just to make money from AH - they should introduce some limit indeed.

Here is a proposal:
-no cap for bidding/buyout (or some crazy gazillion cap) - if somebody has so much money/gold, it is no problem for me.
-allow players to put the item up for auction one time, with the initial price/buyout as they want
-the second time the player wants to put the same item up (in case he didn't sell it), charge him the initial price. If he doesn't have enough gold - well, don't let him put up the item. And tradaaaaa! There go the idiotic starting prices of 500,000,000 gold.
Edited by Pocolashon#1530 on 2/7/2013 11:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Extend Auctions to 6-7day listings.

Charge 10% listing fee(Eg: 100m item costs you 10m to list)

No more 15% AH cut.

This will stop people listing crap and also stop people overvaluing items. Will slow down AH snipers and flippers as well.
Reply Quote
The AH and RMAH are not the only places to buy or trade ... a private deal could save you gold everytime (and the seller).

And - once and a while - good deals come up in the channel's.
Reply Quote
jay wilson got the answer for all this
Reply Quote
most of the Over Priced items, IMHO, are scammed

I bet you see quite a lot of the most expensive items with an EQUAL bid and buyout price.

Did that ever make you think.... (What if the bidder and the owner are the same person).

Can be done by buying 2 accounts, or borrowing a friend's to buff prices and make believe that someone is interested in bidding that high so you feel frustrated and spend that ridiculous amount. I dunno, it just seems like a possible way to scare people into buying overpriced items.

I bet many of you on here are already doing that.

Now that's a way to get gold (cheating IMO).
Edited by Timception#6905 on 2/8/2013 4:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Because blizzard had the brilliant idea to inflate the gold drop rates
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 03:17 AMPosted by JaceAltair
i know i was over exagerating but even 1 billion gold is crazy, for my i only have 7 mil and that seems like alot, it seemed to take me long to build that up that high

this is why i wish they would lower the cap to 1,000,000 gold.. why? because its BS to have +100 million gold.

Having 100M is BS? LOL! If I didn't spend on stuff I'd have 1Billion Gold right now+ my current assets.

Respect
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 08:39 AMPosted by Ace
There honestly is little difference between 1m items and 1b items. Same stats, the stats just are somewhat higher. Same weapons, the weapons just are a little higher dps and have a socket.
And those differences can mean the difference between a character that does 40k dps, and one that does 400k dps.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Pocolashon
I have never found an item that would sell for hundreds of millions, my top is 40M, then 16M... than nothing.
Really? You've got a Nat's ring with +Dex and +Vit with 4% crit.
The lowest on the AH is 120m for a similar ring.

Oh, but yours ALSO has 11% life.
The closest is a 3% life with +Dex/Vit and 4% crit... and it's 600m!

You literally have 0 right to complain.

Good day, sir.
Reply Quote
why is your brain the size of my toenail? I blame government rain schools.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 09:49 PMPosted by DeathAdder

I decided to check your profile too. . .

Look at yourself in the mirror first LOL!

Scrubba dabba doo? xD

02/07/2013 09:58 PMPosted by MADTHUNDER2
he is 67K elite kill no lifer ( stoped 2 week...eu server ) . you want to waste life like him?

You have 40K Elite kills, so what are you? A Semi NoLifer? ROFL! The amount of retarded comments of people like you are truly astounding. . . because according to you everyone who has more Elite Kills or Lifetime Kills are nolifers LOL! Maybe you just suck and don't know how to kill Elites and Monsters fast enough. . .

02/08/2013 04:42 AMPosted by macrulz
Respect

Word!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7384088513
DH Stun Build Trolling Elites and Ubers on MP10
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7178978741#1
Edited by JaceAltair#2678 on 2/8/2013 6:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
The problem is that when you finally get the gold together and purchase something for over 100M, you will have a heck of a time selling it for that. Keep one thing in mind - EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED IN THE AUCTION HOUSE. Why? because that is the way that the AH roll's. You just have to make sure that when you are looking at buying something for XXX million, that you will get your return when you sell it. Chances are, you won't! You will find that a lot of items that are over 200M, do not sell!
Reply Quote
In this thread, players with 40k+ elite kills forget how hard the game blows before you find your first big item.
Edited by Jolly#1780 on 2/8/2013 6:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
If anyone has not figured it out yet Blizzard wants you to pay real money for good stuff on the auction house so they get their cut. Why do you think now that all rares are pretty much useless and not worth even picking up any more. Why do you think legendary is getting harder to get and what you do get look like crappy rares with a different color and a pretty beam attached to them. Why do you think this is not going to get fixed any time soon. For a game that the only reason to play is hoping to find a good drop you can put on your character to improve him this is just so stupid as to be funny. For most of the drops, I got better stats on drops when I was level 50 when the game first started out. Blizzard has figured that if the average guy got a good drop now and then that the AH would get alot more good equipment and prices would fall alot. So they make sure that does not happen to keep their profits up. What they don't realize is that if there was more good equipment on the AH they might make less per transaction but would get alot more transactions. I have maxed out on magic find and still get the same amout when I was half what I am now and it seems to have little to do with anything any more. Every one of my characters has all of their equipment from the auction house and none from drops and is that not that a poor testimonial to this game where all people do is farm and look for good drops. What is really funny is the drops have been bad for so long now that most people would not even know what a really good drop is anymore. When the game has been dumbed and watered down so bad that all anyone cares about is dps and no one even needs good defense anymore this game is now a shadow of what it was at release and the only way you die is if you are so bored that you fall asleep. It was at release a really tough game where you died sometimes but was really fun to play with friends.
Edited by charliedog#1702 on 2/8/2013 7:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]