Diablo® III

prepare for SNS to be history tomorrow

ooo,ooo, my turn...

Explosive Boltz/MWelectrify/Blizzardfrozensolid/other defensive schmop...

edit:1.07
edit/edit:firewalkers/conflag
Edited by FL0Maxx#1702 on 2/7/2013 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
galvanizing w--
Reply Quote
with Healing Blades and Blood Magic... ^^
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:59 AMPosted by BDF
Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that living lightning and arcane dynamo are involved somehow...
Yeah, I'd probably make a wager it's the LL+Arcane Dynamo combo with a channeling spell. The major downside of Aimless's previous build of Shaggalicious, from a DPS perspective, is that you had to alternate between LL and Meteor, which dropped the effective DS. The lack of Frost Nova he mentioned means he probably didn't want a skill that interrupts a casting, but still wants to retain Diamond Skin+Explosive Blast which are free actions.

So if I were making a gander of the build, I bet it's probably LL+Teleport+Diamond Shards+Explosive Blast+Armor Spell+Channeling Skill [say Death Blossom, Disintegrate, or possibily even Archon, but I doubt the latter]+Arcane Dynamo+Critical Mass+Some Other Passive (maybe Prodigy, Cold-Blooded, Glass Cannon).
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 2/7/2013 6:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
death blossom gets huge multipliers vs bosses that stand still, but is utter crap vs trash/elite packs. It looks awesome on paper, once you can spam it without gimping yourself down with -cost pieces of gear that cost you half your sheet dps... but to doesn't work on anything but big fat slow bosses ime.

the exact opposite: Explosive bolts feel really powerful until you hit a single target
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:06 AMPosted by Aimless
Oh and good thing is u retain TP no wind up and only 12 no 123.thats my hint bdf ....full dps videos tomorrow nite

No wind up huh

no freeze not room. but dps dont matter since even 100K does more than 200K sns.so u are free to stack ehp. 800K recommended.

u missed shards till me and J told y'all but this makes that look like childs play.

Need super high EHP

Depending on how you read into 'no wind up' it could mean that passives like arcane dynamo would be out, same as things with delays like meteors.

Also the high EPH means that there is a lack of freezing skills, but a plethora of low-hitting high-throughput skills for ample procing of life on hit. Maybe he's using frozen mist rune on frost nova, I think i've read about that being able to stack in one spot before...and if woven into a typical SNS build I know it can do ample damage.

But the real question is...if there is no wind up, does that mean no energy twister or living lightning...and if so how does he proc CM and LoH? Is this new build reliant on life steal? How similar is it to energy twister based CM at all?

Is he not telling us till to marrow to let an auction finish without competition on some awesome item for the new build?
Edited by BDF#1838 on 2/7/2013 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 06:34 AMPosted by BDF
Is he not telling us till to marrow to let an auction finish without competition on some awesome item for the new build?

Yes. If I found a new build that would indeed be widely used I would buy up all the sources or w/e have you that are specialized for that build (i.e. meteor ap reduction, shock pulse damage, etc)

He's probably buying some up to flip for profit once he releases his "glorious" build.
Reply Quote
Give us a hit Aimless.

What gear do you recommend we get for your glorious new build?
Reply Quote
Rumor has it Eric converted him to Archon.
Reply Quote
View profile
Would love something new, but no freeze is huge disadvantage.
Reply Quote
With the buff to Arcane Orb, anyone tried LL+AO +Arcane dynamo in PTR ?
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Arkhane

Arcane Orb is just not worth it at the current damage level. Needs to be 400% damage at minimum to be worthy of its AP cost.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 08:23 AMPosted by James1v12

Arcane Orb is just not worth it at the current damage level. Needs to be 400% damage at minimum to be worthy of its AP cost.

What if you had 3 sources of Apoc ? (i.e. stormcrow and chantodo set with apoc).

I mean it has aoe and hits instantly, has high crit chance. It's like the meteor build but if you had enough AP, you could spam it a lot faster.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:53 AMPosted by Aimless
no freeze not room. but dps dont matter since even 100K does more than 200K sns.so u are free to stack ehp. 800K recommended.

800k eHP means something like 5k armor, 800 AR and 60k HP unbuffed, not very common...
Reply Quote
View profile
shouldnt u delay more than a few days 1.07 isnt being released any time soon
Reply Quote
Shocking Aspect
Explosive Blast
Diamond Shards
Energy Twister
Living Lightning
Blood Magic

CM
AD
Prodigy <-- not sure if thats needed

Been messing around with that a bit. My ehp is low and I'm living mp10 np w/o nova. RD is a problem.
Reply Quote
Shocking Aspect
Explosive Blast
Diamond Shards
Energy Twister
Living Lightning
Blood Magic

CM
AD
Prodigy <-- not sure if thats needed

Been messing around with that a bit. My ehp is low and I'm living mp10 np w/o nova. RD is a problem.

So with a set-up like that you alternate spaming living lightning and twister? Lightning to proc dynamo and WW for more CM procs and to consume Dynamo and supplement CM procs? and if this is Aimless's big reveal, why did he say that there is no wind-up?
Edited by BDF#1838 on 2/7/2013 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
@BDF: Yeah, I think it's more likely LL+Arcane Dynamo and a channeled skill, because a channeled skill keeps the Arcane Dynamo damage buff until you stop channeling. That's a HUGE increase in efficiency and much more than a LL+Arcane Dynamo+Meteor build. And keep in mind, Aimless did not consider that his Shaggalicious build had a wind up phase: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7416266578 . Based on what I've heard Aimless hint at, it's probably not a far cry from the basic builds of Shaggalicious or Nexus of Doom. I'll be VERY surprised if it isn't.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 07:00 AMPosted by Azodeus
Rumor has it Eric converted him to Archon.

arcane destruction
x16 dps multipler (~x22 after buffs?)
no wind up
remake game after use
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 2/7/2013 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
lol

why remake? ive used that with standard sns gear swicthout tp for archon, go boom and then cancel refresh and repeat
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]