Diablo® III

prepare for SNS to be history tomorrow

02/07/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Phal
Can never replace the utility of freeze for a team but in terms of dps standard sns cant come close to the dps of this build.

Sorry, you cant be doing it properly then.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:40 AMPosted by Aimless
I got something that is 3x dps for u

Cmon, a modifier of x24? Youre kidding dont you?

Did some testing on azmodan mp10 now. Seems like my gear doesnt fit for this build or whatever but the deathblossom build is about 20% faster than this.
Reply Quote
View profile
Can never replace the utility of freeze for a team but in terms of dps standard sns cant come close to the dps of this build.

haters gonna hate...try it
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/7/2013 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I did, and have done many variations before.

Solo - stick to SNS with Tele,Electrify,Blood Magic,Meteors, Arcne Orb - whatever.

If in a group go Uberdeath build.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/07/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Imperial
I got something that is 3x dps for u

Cmon, a modifier of x24? Youre kidding dont you?

Did some testing on azmodan mp10 now. Seems like my gear doesnt fit for this build or whatever but the deathblossom build is about 20% faster than this.

add me imperial ill freeze for you and let you destory everything. nah DB is not close the synergy of this buld is insane. Yellow flashes of crit was faster than SNS., bombs always dropping for 1.5-2m cos nothing is robbing arcnae dynamo like my old metoer biuild.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Aphraell

neither of us have best in slot 2b per slot gear obviously, so our testing is limited to the gear we do have. That said When I run with 180k sheet dps in standard sns build aimless is doing much higher dps than me with his meteor build, no wind up, and with only around 150k sheet dps.

The downside of this build is of course no freeze, and using storm armor / shards makes it less viable for soloing mp10, but it synergizes incredibly well with another cm/ww wiz.

Like I said, it will not be able to compare to the team utility of freeze, but in terms of dps alone, this build is the winner so far. It will be a great team support build for groups that already have freeze and need high damage output. And I imagine it can easily farm mp7-8, no freeze and lower defenses only become an issue at mp10.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Aimless
haters gonna hate...try it

Nice Edit lol

I'm not hating the build, I like trying different builds. I've spend 15hrs+ on PTR testing crap.

But solo MP10 nothing compares to SNS-Electrify.
Reply Quote
View profile
solo yeah i went up to 750K ehp still cant survive well soc of shock this build needs. But get u a freezer and see what i'm saying. Unlike my meteor build which is survivable Mp10 cos i use crystallize this is not but does over 2x dps.Cos everything is procing like mad. dont even need prodigy.

I admit I was a little hyperboyle in topic but i was so excited last night to see Mp10 melt like mp5 at 150K dps.
Reply Quote
The DPS from this is legit.

put in Bone Chill instead of teleport for the utility. I like it.
Reply Quote
SNS is history tomorrow!

For best results run this build with another SNS wizard!
Reply Quote
^^^ Lmao. Seriously though not sure I understand the electrify.
Reply Quote
Meteor is indeed awesome. But do you think it's because Meteor+SNS that the DPS output was insane? I run with a few Wizards in which I use SNS and Time Warp they use Meteor and in fact stuff melts like crazy even in MP 10, it's the combination of Confla+SNS+Meteor that make the DPS so crazy. So I was think that any build that focuses on meteor together with SNS will result in excellent results, especially if SNS run Time Warp.
Reply Quote
I hope people dont misconstrue my posts on this build. Its still a very good build and something different to Archon and CM freeze builds. I'm jsut argueing its not as good as SNS-Electrify.

02/07/2013 07:50 PMPosted by DeboDaChamp
^^^ Lmao. Seriously though not sure I understand the electrify.

Electrify: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199030105 (Shandler's info)

"Attacks have a chance to deal 10% damage to 3 nearby enemies.What this means in certain situations...

Single Targets = NOTHING, you get the 10% to paper dps, that is all. Electrify bolts cannot hit the target it is proc'n off of.

Two Targets... 10 Twisters at a time at 2.73 breakpoint = 120 hits per second total. On hit proc so 120 * 0.125 = 15 procs a second. Each bolt only has one available target so 15 bolts occur. +150% weapon damage.

Three Targets... 10 Twisters at a time at 2.73 = 180 hits per second total. On hit proc, so 180 * 0.125 = 22 procs a second. Each bolt has two targets available for 22 * 2 * 10 = 440% weapon damage per second extra.

Four Targets (oh boy)... 10 Twisters at a time at 2.73 = 240 hits per second total. On hit proc, so 240 * 0.125 = 30 procs a second. Each bolt has all three targets available for 30 * 3 * 10 = 900% damage per second extra."
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 2/7/2013 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I posted a build similar to this a while back for mid-MP farming, but instead I had MW-Conduit and FN-Bone Chill instead of Storm Armor. I figured there would be too little defense against, say phasebeasts, without FN but it looks like you have little trouble against it.

I wonder what the difference is besides 150 more resists...
Reply Quote
Aph should do a MasterJay style test vs. actual elite packs (re: no Ghom) and give us the straight up
Reply Quote
Frost Nova requires an Attack Turn, meaning 1/2 the amount of Meteors dropped.

Heres an old build I posted on 11/01/2012 for when using another Cm wizard to do the dirty work and freeze for you.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VPXhgT!gWe!YaccZc

I used Stretch time so your partners also get the benifits. Change it to Electrify for more solo dps.

Twisters are used if there only a few targets to keep up your Ap, 3-4twister, 3-4Meteors - repeat. Large groups you get in close and DPS with Shards/EB/Shcoking Aspect and Pure Meteor spam(Can switch Stretch time for Electrify for even more solo dps, jsut doesnt help your partner at all)
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 2/7/2013 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
I still doubt the 3x SNS dps. Please show a ghom, azmo, or elite pack kill video on mp10. "Melt" is a relative term. We need a constant and comparable standard (bosses) to see how good it is. And if you're using LL, then there is wind up. And yes, I've tried this. Not hatin, just need to see some proof.
Reply Quote
^Electrify is useless on single targets/bosses, besides its 10% dps increase. Where it really shines is in large groups, its insane damage.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/07/2013 08:12 PMPosted by kiza
I still doubt the 3x SNS dps. Please show a ghom, azmo, or elite pack kill video on mp10. "Melt" is a relative term. We need a constant and comparable standard (bosses) to see how good it is. And if you're using LL, then there is wind up. And yes, I've tried this. Not hatin, just need to see some proof.

lol dont work liek that just like electrify sns dont...try it
Reply Quote
who or what is SNS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]