Diablo® III

prepare for SNS to be history tomorrow

02/07/2013 08:20 PMPosted by Alets
who or what is SNS

Steak n' Shake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_n_Shake
Reply Quote
Electrify isn't proccing more than the normal sns build so that damage shouldnt matter. You should still be able to put up a 3x multiplier against a single target if you can do the same against multiple targets.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 08:20 PMPosted by Alets
who or what is SNS

my inferior build lol
Reply Quote
^Electrify is useless on single targets/bosses, besides its 10% dps increase. Where it really shines is in large groups, its insane damage.

I know what Electrify does. I'm looking for a fair comparison between builds.

who or what is SNS

SNS = ShockNadoShards
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199399889
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Aimless
lol when was i 30k?

You're right I was more like 27k. Remember when that noob we carried played you out lololololilol
Reply Quote
we should have a cost/availability comparison, this might come naturally as one hits the dps limits of sns or not.
Reply Quote
How important is attack speed for this build?
Reply Quote
and how do you deal with reflect dmg?
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 09:02 PMPosted by JellzRoc
lol when was i 30k?

You're right I was more like 27k. Remember when that noob we carried played you out lololololilol

MF got played with 60k lol...yo aim why so low.. then he all dead im i'm all "what good those HP doing ya now son" xD
Reply Quote
Aph and me were talking about this like three days after PTR came out. I was saying how I should be going for a shock pulse affix on my new chants force instead of trying for meteor or blades cause LL was getting its damage doubled.

Its not that hard to see how this could be insane damage, especially if you run very high crit chance and attacks per second (like any SNS) as well as get 10-12% LL damage from your source. All the LL procs with electrify actually means its enough damage to pick away at whites much faster than wicked wind can. I'm actually quite happy with that.

I felt like I wanted more IAS though for this build. 2.77 was really pretty good, but I think if you can get up a little higher it can actually out-perform SNS(e). The idea being ONLY casting meteor when you have your 5 stacks. LL is actually really high damage now when combined with electrify and a +10% damage source. I'm quite impressed overall.

Will I give up SNS? Prolly not.
Reply Quote
Shandler evade carpel tunnel and use the LL+Meteor build.

Aimless, why do you say you dont need Prodigy? Shaggy just turned me on to Prodigy tonight. Before I was convinved electrify + LL with 20APoC was enough but the amount of meteors im able to put out with Prodigy is just insane... im only running around at 2.0 APS but if i was at 2.5+ Id be able to lob even more meteors...so what is returning you all the AP needed for the true damage?
Reply Quote
what is sns?
Reply Quote
I played with this a bit, solo... settled on comet + cold blooded in place of molten impact + conflag. With that switch, survivability was better due to 60% slow on everything. Damage seemed similar.

I had some trouble with heralds in FoS, and lots of trouble with fallen maniacs in Keep2.

Bottom line: I'm at 89% mitigation and without LS weapon, so this is no go for me unless coop with another SNS. Definitely fun trying something new though.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 09:54 PMPosted by tcklemepanda
so what is returning you all the AP needed for the true damage?

62.5CC, 20 APoC, 2.77 aps. Way more LL at very high crit chance gives you a ton of extra AP. Without EB or WW eating my AP I can easily get 3 meteors every 2 seconds, all three of which are using 5 stacks cause I have so many LL going.

I can't stand runners though, so this builds not for me.
Reply Quote
So about arcane dynamo, does it add 75% to the damage, or multiply the damage by 1.75?
Reply Quote
I was always under the impression it was +75%, but using it with MI it really seems like its 1.75x damage. I haven't done any testing to that effect.
Reply Quote
I' played similair build at Ptr and that one ofc today, its really nice, but:

1. u must MOVE and MOVE and MOVE :) moar than with Emperor Meteor build :P
2 u must have really nice armor and resistances, and LL ofc :P and without SA its not that good anymore ;c
3. SNS is a less stressed :) but that one is fun
Edited by Alavien#2554 on 2/7/2013 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
They are patching tomorrow? But it's Friday...
Reply Quote
Why would SNS be history?
Reply Quote
Did the build on one run with Yoda, with low expectations. Needless to say, I was pleasantly impressed.

The great thing is is that if you need to be a SNS wiz, you can. If you have an SNS wiz in your party, you can run this build without changing a thing.

On a side note, my source has +7 percent to SP, which was a nice bonus

Good work Aim, and everyone who contributed to this build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]