Diablo® III

prepare for SNS to be history tomorrow

02/08/2013 02:02 AMPosted by LordSandwich
If arcane dynamo procs are an issue against single targets then that makes more sense. I was thinking arcane dynamo would constantly be proc'd against a fat boss like Ghom.

Yeah, actually, size of targets does make a big difference, it's all about maximising the number of times LL can hit - i first noticed the issue against Azmodan. However, even if your LL is making contact for the entire duration against 1 target, you're still only getting a limited number of hits. The moment you have 2 or 3 targets and multiply those hits, AD flies off the handle.
Edited by Dragonfly#1941 on 2/8/2013 2:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
Anyone got this working solo and and what MP?
Reply Quote
I still die often playing solo. Had 3 people (non freezers) join me and I still died here and there. MP6

So, a build that works only when there is a sidekick involved. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
Edited by Chopain#1624 on 2/8/2013 2:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
This build is more like a tag-team build. Best to play with a cm/sns on high mp. When I play solo, I switch to comet and cold blooded, can do it fairly ok on mp 7. I'm also using time stretch/time warp in place of teleport.
Edited by AgentX#1890 on 2/8/2013 2:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Will paralysis work for this?

Also if this build only works in team, is it better than Ubers Death or not?
Reply Quote
meh i didnt find the dps so big, it was nice but i roll way faster with sns.

I was like 135k dps buffed with 25% to demons and 10% to elites. yeah was using the sever as its the only ls weap i have.

I also still died alot specially when there were very few targets left. was rolling with some 820 ar 4.6k armour 50k life and 21% elite reduction. if using mempo and some 90less ar if using sc but loh in the 1300 range, ls and severs lok bonus,. as i tried with one and 2 apoc sources.

Im sure im dong something wrong, what are the stats i should aim for? like 2 aps 50cc 20 apoc? defensively the more the better like always.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 2/8/2013 4:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
Have not tried uber death, so I can't comment. Tried it on mp 8 with molten impact and conflag, mobs and elites die faster but I also feel more squishy without fn. I don't have a proper LS weapon to support this build, but I do have 1600 loh. Also prefer the faster aps on the chant than the sickle.
Edited by AgentX#1890 on 2/8/2013 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Aimless
lol when was i 30k?

Well its hard to keep track of what you are when you keep switching your gear around lol.

Now you are 37K with no Vit gems
Reply Quote
OK apparently you guys are late nighters which I cannot be. I checked out Aimless profile and he was SNS with firewalkers and conflag. Guessing since this is a 7 page thread thats not it so anyone mind posting the build?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 05:02 AMPosted by Azodeus
OK apparently you guys are late nighters which I cannot be. I checked out Aimless profile and he was SNS with firewalkers and conflag. Guessing since this is a 7 page thread thats not it so anyone mind posting the build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bPXQST!geT!cacaac
Reply Quote
Just tried it, got this working on MP5 for now with minimal dying. Def faster kills on elites. Gear-wise, using my cm/ww gear with minor substitutions (got a new armor (blackthorne's - 1.3 mil), and bracers (100K)). Using energy armor instead of EA b/c need the mitigation. Lowered by APS from 2.76 to 2.46.

Works well, but having a tough time with reflect damage and charged-bolts packs (can't go head to head with them). For them, having to kite and use meteor sparingly.

Missed the part about the lifesteal weapon, so will have to try it with my butcher's sickle (but will prob take a dps hit). Maybe with this will be able to handle higher mp.

Edit: did MP6 solo, didnt die, no prob with lifesteal weapon. Only have 99K dps with magic weapon and scoundrel buff
Edited by Thunder#1542 on 2/8/2013 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm looking to try this when I get home...one question I've got:

Does replacing conflag with prodigy remove the need for APOC? I wanna try this with my LS Echoing fury and trium
Reply Quote
Aimless- did you bust out the Burning Axe of Sankis for this? I imagine 1200+ LoH would be acceptable.
Reply Quote
with the increased proc rate in patch 1.07 and the 20% or so bump to damage this could become more usefal. Though I am not sure this will compare with wicked wind dps.

Does anyone know how many mobs 1 living lightning can hit?

Is the proc coefficient for LL increasing in patch 1.07 to .8 like the rest is or is still at .2?
Reply Quote
@DoctorDoom

Good idea Doc! Wish you would have said this earlier...now I have to wait to get home to try the Axe!
I used my 2.9% LS dagger last night with this build, but swapped out for my LoH dagger...worked better with my sloppy gearz...bout 1700LoH totz.
Reply Quote
@Azodeus

perty shure it's staying at .2 ---only dmg is going up, but Explosive/Fire Boltz r going up to .8!
Reply Quote
@Azodeus

perty shure it's staying at .2 ---only dmg is going up, but Explosive/Fire Boltz r going up to .8!

0.8 up from .667

A %33 increase isn't much to talk about given how you can't target them and they strike far less frequently than living lightning.
Reply Quote
@Azodeus

0.8 up from .667

A %33 increase isn't much to talk about given how you can't target them and they strike far less frequently than living lightning.

I cant find anything on the internet talking about a tick rate for living lightning. Would like to know how often one LL can hit and how many mobs it can hit.

Aph or Shand you guys know?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Azodeus
I cant find anything on the internet talking about a tick rate for living lightning. Would like to know how often one LL can hit and how many mobs it can hit.

It's substantially more than any other rune, and is the second best option to wicked wind for proc'in CM and APOC. However it has not been fully characterized I don't think with regards to scaling with mobs and ticking.

Shaggy has been talking about it a bit here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7864756550#2
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]