Diablo® III

prepare for SNS to be history tomorrow

02/08/2013 07:53 AMPosted by BDF
A %33 increase isn't much to talk about given how you can't target them and they strike far less frequently than living lightning.

true, it's not much dif, but I'm looking on the bright side...any alternative builds I'm happy about...its no LL...
no, u can't target them, but if ur face tanking, 3 boltz at point blank kinda hurtz...hopefully in
1.07. it's viable fer sumpin'.
Reply Quote
No way in hell is this gonna out dps sns/electrify/glasscannon/deep freeze at least in it's current state. Not to mention it has nothing but damage to go for it.

It's a beautiful thing tho that we wizards want to believe, and that's what develops the class.
Reply Quote
No way in hell is this gonna out dps sns/electrify/glasscannon/deep freeze at least in it's current state. Not to mention it has nothing but damage to go for it.

It's a beautiful thing tho that we wizards want to believe, and that's what develops the class.

This build is basically built around:

#1. Get super high ehp
#2. Spam fully powered arcane dynamo 390% meteors, turning them into 721.5% meteors after magic weapon+dynamo
#3. Living lightning is the main source for procing shocking aspect.

I've not had a chance to try it yet, but I suspect it may be better than I had initially suspected.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 2/8/2013 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
no freeze not room. but dps dont matter since even 100K does more than 200K sns.so u are free to stack ehp. 800K recommended.

u missed shards till me and J told y'all but this makes that look like childs play.

This is what happens when you listen to rap.
Reply Quote
I have been trying to take off frost nova on my cm wiz for a while.

The passive I like is the one that reduces movement speed when hit by arcane.

I also use the blood magic on living weapon and have been able to live through most elite fights mp5-6 with less than 20k hp.

Less than 20k hp, no frost nova, harder than you would think.
Reply Quote
Being anti-sns, I've tried variations of this build for a while. I prefer explosive blast to magic weapon, and ice armor for some added survivability at higher MPs.

What still takes a while to get used to is the insane amount of button mashing you wizards have to do. In terms of calories burned, I bet I work twice as hard for the same MP level compared to my WD :)
Reply Quote
See what happens when a wiz thread makes the front page? You have pandas coming in here trolling. This is why we can't have nice things.

As for the build, looks pretty cool, I've tried other LL+meteor builds before and they were pretty fun. Do you want to have LoH in addition to LS or is LS weapon alone good enough?
Reply Quote
A "new" CM build that almost requires a freezing sidekick? I can't wait to hear eric's comments on this. :P

Looks like a fun build though. :)
Reply Quote
what is wind-up? when u cast up energy twister winds?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 01:36 PMPosted by pencil

Yeah, like how you're very weak with only 1 or 2 twisters out but an unstoppable killing machine with 10 out there spinning.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 01:36 PMPosted by pencil

the couple of seconds before you have all your twisters out procing for you, before you are doing serious dps... that is wind-up.
Reply Quote
to all u guys who are having trouble with this build, ur doing it wrong because aimless did not tell you wats REQUIRED for this build, that's why ur dying.

#1. Life steal weapon
#2. Teleport - Fracture, or Mirror Image - Mocking Demise.
#3. Reduced dmg from elite gear.
Edited by CKbrah#1954 on 2/8/2013 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
i am anti button mashing won't be trying this. had my hopes up for a second though.
Edited by Excalibur#1742 on 2/8/2013 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why dont you use comet with cold blooded instead of conflag with molten impact?.... also i cant stand reading how you type
Reply Quote
Whats the attack speed you would recommend for this build?
Reply Quote
Arcane dynamo adds 75% weapon damage, it does not multiply by a factor of 1.75, correct? AD meteors should be 390%+75% = 465% damage, yes?

Just wondering for clarification.
Reply Quote
Aimless wheres the Videos you promised?

Hopefully its solo and not with a SNS dinosaur.
Reply Quote
Herm. Interesting. o.O
Reply Quote
Arcane dynamo adds 75% weapon damage, it does not multiply by a factor of 1.75, correct? AD meteors should be 390%+75% = 465% damage, yes?

Just wondering for clarification.

It does multiply, it is just like any +% damage, like 15% from glass cannon, except it is 75%. I think it is added to your total enhanced damage from skills and then multiplied.
Edited by aerial#2212 on 2/8/2013 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]