Diablo® III

prepare for SNS to be history tomorrow

You guys think 10 APOC will ne enough for this build? I was thinking to add a
- Butcher's Sickle ofr LS and CHD
- Oculus with extra damage to LL
- Skull Grasp with extra damage to LL (Skull Graps also comes with armor whcch is always nice)

Together you can have over 20% extra damage to LL, Does this sound like a idea?
Reply Quote
Arcane dynamo adds 75% weapon damage, it does not multiply by a factor of 1.75, correct? AD meteors should be 390%+75% = 465% damage, yes?

Just wondering for clarification.

It does multiply, it is just like any +% damage, like 15% from glass cannon, except it is 75%. I think it is added to your total enhanced damage from skills and them multiplied.

Can anybody confirm this with testing? I've read that it is additive -- not an overall increase by a factor of 1.75.

Eager to see the definitive, evidence-based answer one way or the other
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 2/8/2013 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Alesso
Can anybody confirm this with testing? I've read that it is additive -- not an overall increase by a factor of 1.75.

I've tried plenty of meteor builds with Arcane Dynamo and I am not seeing my 800m hits go to 1400m hits. I believe it adds +75% weapon damage personally. But let someone test who likes testing.
Reply Quote
Thanks Aph, that falls in line with the extensive testing others on another site have done.

It is +75% damage, not *75% damage. That being said, if one provides repeatable evidence indicating that the opposite case is true, I'm more than willing to accept that as true
Reply Quote
i would still like to see a video... and im curious of my SC wizard can achieve this build. do let me know :)
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 02:14 AMPosted by Aphraell
Anyone got this working solo and and what MP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjuwVon2xNE

02/08/2013 01:44 AMPosted by Dragonfly
I'm using Mirror Images instead of DS, personal preference.

For the record, i was really bad at it back then! Nowadays MP10 is a breeze (slow time or blizzard instead of electrify so you actually have a snare is always nice). Feel free to add me if you want a demonstration, i have been soloing with this build for weeks (note the time on the video upload).

02/08/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Azodeus
I cant find anything on the internet talking about a tick rate for living lightning. Would like to know how often one LL can hit and how many mobs it can hit.

I'm pretty sure that the scaling is multiplicative with regards to the number of targets, and that monster hitbox size has a direct effect on how many times it can hit the mob before it moves out of range.

#1. Life steal weapon
#2. Teleport - Fracture, or Mirror Image - Mocking Demise.
#3. Reduced dmg from elite gear.

1800 LoH and 0 LS works if you use Liquify instead of Molten Impact and make good use of Safe Passage on RD packs. Reduced damage from elites is always nice, Chant's set and a Litany is a good start.

02/08/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Aphraell
I've tried plenty of meteor builds with Arcane Dynamo and I am not seeing my 800m hits go to 1400m hits. I believe it adds +75% weapon damage personally. But let someone test who likes testing.

I'll come right back to correct this if i'm wrong, but i'm 99% sure that the damage is multiplicative; 1.75 x spell damage.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7320002142

Have a read
Reply Quote
@Aphraell: Right, but it's still multiplicative. It only functions additively to other damage buffs like Glass Cannon. :) So it should be 1.75x. So that means you have to consider what you're base damage is. It's like IAS bonuses on gear are added together first and then multiplied by your weapon's attack speed.
Reply Quote
to all u guys who are having trouble with this build, ur doing it wrong because aimless did not tell you wats REQUIRED for this build, that's why ur dying.

#1. Life steal weapon

#1 1300 loh 2.2 ls and severs massive lok
#2 can give this a shot
#3 have 21% stacked

im still dying a little bit too much, but not that much for mp8 with no freeze, problems come when im left alone with the last few ranged elites or with certain affixes. mitigation could be better as ar drops below 800 when i remove mempo for sc for the second apoc source. armour at 4.3k and 50k life.

my main concern is the dps really as im not seeing this superior to sns, close to sns in best case when i use 3 apoc sources and use shards + liquify so i can really pound them meteors, no ls there though as i use my will as 3rd source. but still getting em locked down makes things so much faster as ur not friggin chasing around.

I think what I would really like to know is the aps, cc and apoc requirements for this build to shine dps wise.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 11:42 AMPosted by ChangBooster
See what happens when a wiz thread makes the front page? You have pandas coming in here trolling. This is why we can't have nice things.

chang are you trying to knock my hustle?

02/08/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Excalibur
i am anti button mashing won't be trying this. had my hopes up for a second though.

who the hell is button mashing this build? much better than SNS especially if you do it right...

You guys think 10 APOC will ne enough for this build? I was thinking to add a
- Butcher's Sickle ofr LS and CHD
- Oculus with extra damage to LL
- Skull Grasp with extra damage to LL (Skull Graps also comes with armor whcch is always nice)

Together you can have over 20% extra damage to LL, Does this sound like a idea?

if ur using 10 apoc you must use Prodigy. Getting Meteor reduction gear may possibly be more beneficial than added LL damage. maybe Im wrong. Hard to say with the huge LL buff coming in 1.0.7.

~~~

also, i believe its *1.75 because my 700k hits when up to 1.2m when i added AD. But like someone as wise as i said, i will let someone who like testing to do the testing lol
Reply Quote
How about Healing Blades instead of LL??? That'll help your EHP a lot.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Henri
How about Healing Blades instead of LL??? That'll help your EHP a lot.

The whole point of the build is that LL generates so much AP that you can free-spam meteor. Healing blades isn't even in the same ballpark.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 05:57 PMPosted by Shaggy
The whole point of the build is that LL generates so much AP that you can free-spam meteor. Healing blades isn't even in the same ballpark.

I think Healing Blades procs just as much as LL...
Reply Quote
to all u guys who are having trouble with this build, ur doing it wrong because aimless did not tell you wats REQUIRED for this build, that's why ur dying.

#1. Life steal weapon

I can confirm that this build works pretty well with 1600+ loh and no LS with liquefy.Also switched to safe passage which helps a lot with repositioning, more temporary mitigitation and oops moment.

Reduced dmg from elites also work, I have 19% from chant set, blackthorne surcoat and litany.
Reply Quote
Just my two sense worth...been using the LL/arcane dyn combo for the better part of the day now and it works nicely. I use wave of force as my LM button with the impactful wave rune. It's a nice combo...wait til they get close and knock em back. If you have a good idea of where they will land you pummel 'em with meteors. I use energy armor (PA or PB) and blood magic to help mitigate dmg. I find that i am not hitting the diamond skin very often. RD elites haven't been too bad. The damn molten ground in the vault of the assassin is still brutal (have to move around for it). Been running MP 7-10 and it seems like a very viable build.
Reply Quote
@Aimless Thanks for sharing this build, its fun I just tried it out with my budget geared wiz haha!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
what's SNS?
Reply Quote
to those testing the build / having trouble here are a couple tips (some of which have been mentioned in earlier posts by others I think):

- use a lifesteal weapon to survive rd. also 3 lifesteal will basically instantly heal you from one meteor hitting so you just need enough ehp to be able to take a couple hits to the face inetween meteors hitting (in a perfect world where you never have to move / stop casting of course lol)

- apoc or less nad you will msot likely need to use prodigy for arcane regen.

- i've tried working frost nova into this build for a sort of stutter lock to reduce the incoming damage but it can only achieve a mediocre stutter lock at best. I found that I was living much more when instead of frost nova I used mirror images / mocking demise. mocking demise spam is a nice bit of dps plus a stun and adds dodge so to speak, but be warned, it displaces you constnatly so it makes one pretty dizzy haha (not to mention getting displaced onto an arcane axis and such is very very bad luck but can easily happen)

- you cannot hold down LL and meteor buttons at the same time and get both of them to cast (like sns many are used to being able to hold down freeze as well as twister button to spam both). You must manually spam one of them while holding down the other, or you can really so a number on your fingers and mash both keys manually hah.

this build, unlike cm/ww can be achieved at lower-end gear for low mp farming, but to farm higher mp, massive ehp is required and even then some mobs can be incredibly frustrating (especially, as shand mentioned, fast runners)

this build can be used to quickly kill packs in solo mode high mp, but is ideal for a group setup. This build obviously shines in the massive-dps department so being able to stand still and spam meteors without having to dodge things / withotu glinching from getting hit by multiple mobs is going to result in much better performance form the build.its fun to try solo, but especially try it with some friends in your group.

its a great build, it is not replacing sns because of sns having such massive utility, but if you ever dont want to go sns / dont need to in a group, this is a good way to contribute massive dps with pretty much the exact same gear.
Reply Quote
@Phal I agree with your points. Could u tell me what i should upgrade on my wiz, i seem to die at times even on mp1 lol.. im not a very frequent wiz player though..
Reply Quote
Is this build valid for now or for the PTR?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]