Diablo® III

Kill azmo & got crap legg, kill demon raider & got IK

So I've gotten numerous leggies off of azmodan and other elites in act3, and typically they are worthless (ie, sky cutter, the sultan of blinding sand, ageless might).. THEN i go down rakkis, and kill a demon raider that is being spat out, as a matter of fact it is the 3rd set of 3 that dropped IK belt... This has happened numerous times. Or I'll kill all the elites on keep 2, then on keep 1 a lonely skeleton in the corner drops 100mil weapon.

This happens ALL THE TIME. Why doesn't blizzard change this? People that play single accounts should be rewarded for defeating arcane/vortex/molten/frozen elites/champs/bosses&mini bosses... NOT randomly get the best drops in the game from some worthless demonraider (which i waited until no more were spat out). Which also wastes about 30 seconds each time. Am I supposed to wait until every goblin crawls up the wall on tower 1 too? YES... This is just silly....

I'm also surprised this question has not been brought up in ask the devs.
Edited by Herbdoctor#1106 on 1/30/2013 11:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Because the drops are random and the vast majority of people playing games get very dissatisfied farming Baal 90billion times over like 10 years.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Galo
Because the drops are random and the vast majority of people playing games get very dissatisfied farming Baal 90billion times over like 10 years.

I know this is RNG. The could make the nice drops from elites/champs/events.. And I didn't mention anything about farming one boss over and over. Even then, 5NV stacks should stop the super fast boss farm runs.

The way the system works now is silly. AND i also doubt the "vast majority" likes how the loot system works now.
Edited by Herbdoctor#1106 on 1/30/2013 11:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:36 PMPosted by Herbdoctor
The way the system works now is silly.

Well, since when random is brilliant?
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Herbdoctor
they are worthless (ie, sky cutter

sky splitters aren't worthless
Reply Quote
they are worthless (ie, sky cutter

sky splitters aren't worthless

.... compared to any decent legg, yes they are... You're missing my point, unless you are just trolling (I'm guessing you are) But after seeing your profile... If you are under 100k dps, you are correct, they aren't worthless.....

The way the system works now is silly.

Well, since when random is brilliant?

nice responses guys.. Very insightful....
Edited by Herbdoctor#1106 on 1/31/2013 12:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
wish more would respond..
Reply Quote
The drops are random.

It would be boring if all we did is farm bosses like in Diablo 2. Boss tactics don't change.
You can get the best gear off of Azmodan...but you can also get it from weapon racks, simple skeletons or elites.

In other words, you are rewarded for playing the game the way you want.
Why is that silly?
Reply Quote
I mean I got a perfect roll witching hour off a random mob but I'm grateful.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:36 PMPosted by Herbdoctor
i also doubt the "vast majority" likes how the loot system works now.

Hate to break this to you, but just because a vast majority feels a certain way, doesn't mean they're right.

All the people who hate the maps in this game, and prefer the "randomness" of D2's maps? They're frustrated because you stand a better chance of getting legs and sets off random enemies than bosses, because they could farm Meph, Diablo and Baal in a lousy few minutes each. It was just a constant string, AND you were pretty much guaranteed uniques and sets by doing that with enough MF.

Back then, that kind of style was seen as "efficient."

Now, D2 vets are doing that same thing, and wondering why it was changed. Because the D3 crew saw people completely ignoring the rest of the maps in favor of going straight for the bosses, and instead, they wanted to make it so you had reason to visit all those places again, and not just go right for the boss chamber.

I can kill bosses over and over, too. So what? People made killing bosses look like a cake walk in D2. Once you can kill a boss, you're pretty much guaranteed epic drops over and over. In D3, you actually have to work for what you get, explore places, break barrels and piles of bones, kill every enemy you see.

I mean, you see the way this system works as silly, and I think to myself...gee, people are getting epic rewards for breaking barrels and killing trash mobs and many are REFUSING TO DO IT!! I think that's kinda silly, if you ask me.

I understand the fervor behind epic bosses like Azmodan and Diablo not dropping better stuff, I'm with you on that. However, getting epic rewards from random enemies shows your dedicated to killing ALL mobs and turning over every stone for the treasure you earn, and not just going right to the heart of the massive treasure pile.
Edited by CardinalMDM#1269 on 1/31/2013 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ok so bosses aside, why not have the nice drops come from elites and champs or monsters that are already visible on the map? Why must i waste an additional minute waiting for demon raiders to be spat up & make sure that all the goblins that crawl up the walls are cleared out?
Reply Quote
I can explain why you see more drops from a skeleton in the corner than you do from Azmo or elites.

1 - The chance to get a leg is like .0001% (made that up I don't know the exact number).
2 - There are way more normal monsters than elites or Azmo.

3 elites + Azmo x .0001 < 400 x .0001 = better chance from normal monsters

Now there is probably a boost in drop rates to elites and azmo but it probably doesn't equal a higher number when compared against how many normal monsters you kill.

So if I've found like 20 legendaries from normal monsters and only like 5 from elites and bosses then I've had 15 more chances to get that 100 million item.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 1/31/2013 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
There was one thing about D2 that I liked. When I killed Diablo, a unique would be dropped, at least one. There is no cause and effect, basic of nature, in D3 at all....none..

I get the feeling that some of their math does not work for items..many items.
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 1/31/2013 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 08:26 AMPosted by dawgiestyle
I get the feeling that some of their math does not work for items..many items.

ha ha.. I get the feeling that a LOT of their math does not work for items..
Reply Quote
Think they (development team) totally slept thru their statistics training and the meaning of standard deviation.
Reply Quote
i also doubt the "vast majority" likes how the loot system works now.

In D3, you actually have to work for what you get, explore places, break barrels and piles of bones, kill every enemy you see.

I mean, you see the way this system works as silly, and I think to myself...gee, people are getting epic rewards for breaking barrels and killing trash mobs and many are REFUSING TO DO IT!! I think that's kinda silly, if you ask me.

SO they take it to the extreme and have you run up stairs(30seconds) to click one dead guard body? How is that "work"? Exploration? The maps are not even random... I know exactly where to run on rakkis to trigger goblins crawling up walls and demonic bearer's to spawn... That is not "exploration".

For anyone that plays WoW (i don't, i played dark age of camelot) this would be like eric cartman getting the best sword in the game off a grey boar in the starter town.. makes perfect since...
Edited by Herbdoctor#1106 on 1/31/2013 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's random dude. To counter your anecdote, I'll deliver. Most of my high quality (rare or legend) drops, come from elites. I don't waste time with trash.

You will find the most drops doing what you do the most. If you're killing trash, breaking barrels, or killing elites. Obvious, yea?

(Since I started my monk, I'm averaging 33 seconds between elite kills, it's raining legends!)

I have a 300k 3.0 aps demonhunter and fly through act3. Most of my 100mil items that i've found and have sold, (90% of them), come from random mobs. Even playing at mp7-mp10.
Reply Quote
This is frustrating to me...
I only do Tempest Rush runs in Act 3 anymore and I've killed Azmo so many times...
No legendaries from him.
Also... I've never found a 100mil item.
But you people talk like these things happen often...
Are we talking big here or is my RNG luck just a joke?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]