Diablo® III

May I get some gear advice and farming help?

Okay, so a few days ago I decided to try D3 again. I upgraded my gear a bit with what I knew from playing way back in like June/July of 2012. I found no MP setting Inferno to be enjoyable now. I just finished killing Diablo a little bit ago, and decided to try some mobs in MP 1. It's a lot hairier, lol.

I only have 800k or so Gold, and I think I need to upgrade my gear differently, or just a little more. I can't get much, obviously, but it might help.

I'm using Frenzy /w Sidearm and Revenge to heal me and as a damage dealer when it procs. I use no Fury except for Battle Rage /w Marauder's Rage. I'm using Leap /w Death From Above for the stun, and Threatening Shout /w Falter for the DMG and AS reduction it gives. I keep War Cry /w Impunity up at all times with Battle Rage.

So basically, just Leap in, Frenzy them, use Revenge when it procs, and use Leap and Threatening Shout basically as often as possible.

Since I don't have a lot of money for good gear, where is the best place for me to farm? It'll have to be on MP1 or lower. I haven't tried 2 yet, but honestly, I probably couldn't handle it. A lot of Uber/Champ/Elite packs (I forget what they are usually called in D3), gave me some trouble towards the end of Act 3 and Act 4 on MP 0.

Here is my Barb: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SilvanNosty-1135/hero/15830241
Reply Quote
Your gear level is going to need some considerable work to become viable. What you have going for you is that you have some bank to spend in making a build somewhat viable. For starters, your build is non-standard so I would like to direct you to this thread.

RagingKoalas Barb Information Index:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591980848

Check out the build section and find a build that suits your play style. Once you've found one you'll have a much better idea of what kind of gear to shoot for. There are also some gearing threads, budget or otherwise, listed that should give you the basics.

Furthermore, looks like you'd be a good candidate for this little initiative:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709281210

There's quite a few barbs out there, myself included, who have some gear that might be of use to you. Check it out, you might be able to get some 1 on 1 help in there.

In terms of farming, you should focus entirely on efficiency. If that's MP0 for you then stay there and farm levels and items. Don't go higher than you can handle until you can make higher MP levels efficient, it will just be a waste of your time and effort.

Hope that's enough to get you started.
Reply Quote
Hey, thanks for the links. Lots of information in there.
Reply Quote
I'm a 150k barbs and I farm MP0 - MP1.

I sent you an invite, ill carry you from time to time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
@Memories: why do you do MP1? you're probably capable of MP2....yeah, your ehp is really low, but MP2 jumps up the +xp and +item for not too much of a jump in +dmg.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]