Diablo® III

Attack Rating

View profile
Anyone miss Attack Rating from D2?
Reply Quote
No, I was playing D2 the other day and had to add Attack Rating while still in the Blood Moor.
So much stress for beginners. Even still it has a chance to miss. It can never be 100%.
Hmm, feel like going back to D2 now.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hsarus set, Angelic set, or P Amethyst in wep? :D
Reply Quote
I remember my first pvp barbarian. I would whirlwind people with my GFG gear and never actually hit anyone. It was a pretty stupid mechanic.
Reply Quote
no.
i couldnt hit !@#$.
no again.
Reply Quote
IMO, critical hits is sort of like a replacement.

Attack Rating was a mechanic based on your successful and unsuccessful hits. Your unsuccessful hits didn't land, and your successful ones did land.

With crit chance, white damage is your unsuccessful hit, and yellow damage is your successful hit. And it's sort of a "precision" mechanic. As in, the critical hits were more precise hits from your guy.
Reply Quote
Something I certainly don't miss!
Reply Quote
I miss barbs being able to wield a 2 handed sword with one hand....
Reply Quote
faster hit recovery
Reply Quote
View profile
02/02/2013 02:23 AMPosted by Bottle
With crit chance, white damage is your unsuccessful hit, and yellow damage is your successful hit. And it's sort of a "precision" mechanic. As in, the critical hits were more precise hits from your guy.

Completely different mechanics, but I kinda see how you're relating them.

02/02/2013 08:46 AMPosted by bootscraper
faster hit recovery

And faster cast rate? :D
Reply Quote
Man paladin skill zeal was annoying without good attack rating lol
Reply Quote
View profile
02/03/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Bloodthirst
Man paladin skill zeal was annoying without good attack rating lol

Smite, Fist of Heaven, and Blessed Hammer Paladins didn't need AR. Javazons didn't need AR. Necros didn't need AR. Sorcs didn't need AR. :)
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 04:12 PMPosted by MasterBaker
Completely different mechanics, but I kinda see how you're relating them.

You mean because your AR hit success depended on the enemy's armor, whereas CC is independent of enemy properties? Okay.
Reply Quote
Yes, I liked that mechanic, but it is a lot of stress for newbs.

I'd like the idea implemented, but in a simple way, so the player doesn't have that much room to screw up. Like, "you will miss more often vs higher leveled players", etc.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'd like the idea implemented, but in a simple way, so the player doesn't have that much room to screw up. Like, "you will miss more often vs higher leveled players", etc.

At least they only put that in WoW, and not in D2 or here.
Reply Quote
No. Not even a little bit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]