Diablo® III

Why does Inna's Belt have +holy damage?

One main ability, that is getting a significant buff and still won't be used. How bout changing it to something a little more relevant to monks?
Reply Quote
Only monks skills do Holy damage.
Reply Quote
Inna's Favor's bonus does not increase holy damage by X%. It adds X% of all physical damage as Holy to your attacks (an 8% DPS increase with a purely physical weapon). All bonuses worded as "Adds X% to damage_type" work in this manner. It is confusing but that is how it works.
Edited by Elexar#2219 on 2/1/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Technically, Arcane Damage = Holy Damage. Also, the belt's 7 or 8% adds to your physical damage and is completely independent of other sources of holy damage.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 11:40 PMPosted by Elexar
Inna's Favor's bonus does not increase holy damage by X%. It adds X% of all physical damage as Holy to your attacks (an 8% DPS increase with a purely physical weapon). All bonuses worded as "Adds X% to damage_type" work in this manner. It is confusing but that is how it works.

Its kinda stupid how it works. Just pretend it says increases damage by 8%. Ignore the "holy".
Reply Quote
If I had to guess, I'd say that this bonus exists to make the belt appealing to both Monks and Demon Hunters, versus some of the legendaries and rares that could be worn instead.
Reply Quote
My question is concerning the choice of rune. While using mantra of conviction is there a bonus to overall damage if I use the "submission" rune instead of "overawe". I have the Innas belt that has the bonus to Holy Damage. It seems to say 8% to holy damage from belt would be added to the holy damage bonus of "submission", 25% weapon damage as holy. 8% + 25% = 33% bonus damage as holy damage. 12 from mantra + 8 from belt + 25 from Submission = 45
12 from mantra + 24 from overawe =36
For 3 seconds 45+24...Submission or For 3 seconds 36+48...Overawe

Help lol Is this correct????????
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 12:02 AMPosted by okComputer

Its kinda stupid how it works. Just pretend it says increases damage by 8%. Ignore the "holy".

Yeah its weird. It doesn't increase damage by 8% though, only black damage, which is why black damage items are so expensive.
Reply Quote
Um because Monks are holy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]