Diablo® III

Future of yellow gem

red gem increase damage , green gem increase crtical damage

what about yellow gems???

could it modify as attacking speed?

i think it will be more useful.
Edited by travis#1134 on 2/2/2013 2:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
I would like it to be more of a defensive gem.

Something like armor or all resist.
Reply Quote
Should just make thorns an aura that ticks every half second for whatever your thorns amount is to everything within your gold pick up radius.
Then double the maginitude of thorns damage.

So for example, you have 2500 worth of thorns damage.
It gets doubled to 5000, then ticks twice a second for 10k dps to everything within your pick up radius.

Then fierce loyalty gives this to your zombie dogs, and it should also be changed to give your dogs a portion of your pickup radius aswell.

Next thing you know you have thorn doctors with 4 dogs doing 150k dps to everything within 40 yards.

This game needs more silly game mechanics.
Reply Quote
That's a great idea thorns being an aura thing. Being hit to do damage isn't exactly appealing to many.

And if it's to stay in the game it does atleast need to be doubled. But I say remove it from the game.
Reply Quote
topaz:weapon: increase 25% AS
items: AR 60
Reply Quote
DevilHunter I liked your post, but maybe 25% is too much. The idea is spot though.
Reply Quote
emerald = crit dmg max 110%
amethyst = life on hit max 1100
topaz = life steal max 2.10%
ruby = raw damage max 100

blizzard's just too incompetent to implement something as logical as this
Reply Quote
gems... make it more in pvp

like increase chance to dodge / chance to hit enemy / increase chance to block / increase maximum mana / hp or regen etc
Reply Quote
Making topaz in weapon a life steal gem seems like a good idea. This would definitely improve gearing possibilities for players.
Reply Quote
it would be cool if i could (for instance) smash 1 flawless square topaz with 1 flawless square ruby and make a flawless rubaz that would give, oh, IAS or resist all or something.
Reply Quote

DevilHunter I liked your post, but maybe 25% is too much. The idea is spot though.

No much, 25% as= 75k dps with me,The radiant emerald is 75k dps too
If that,maybe all player chose topaz...so can reduce to 16% - 18%
Edited by DevilHunter#6873 on 2/2/2013 6:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Make topaz desirable to use by giving it either a LS bonus or an Attack Speed bonus...they had a chance to really make a dent in the Emerald "stranglehold" on socketed weapons with the RUBY changes initially..the new announcement "blew that for sure"...now back to Emerald being the only viable higher MP gems in the game...blizzard dev team is completely ignoring player's suggestion when it comes to gems...D2LoD had a great variety of gems, skulls, runes to choose from as far as socketing in weapons...D3 has one viable choice as of right now, and will be the same when 1.07 goes live...with the Ruby changes that took place yesterday on the PTR it killed any movement to use that gem instead of Emerald.
Reply Quote
Yeeessss. Topaz needs to be IAS like you have all said (would be epic attack speed builds instead of epic crit builds :D) and buff the HELL out of Amethyst gems in weapon socket.

My god this is the LEAST they could do to improve the state of diverse builds and options for skills.

So much more needs to be implemented let alone improved and that's a good start.
Edited by Snoofo#1164 on 2/4/2013 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
By the way what did that change the Ruby bonus to? Not 150 min/max anymore?
Reply Quote
For collected ideas see here:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6533733310

Topazes included (item section)
Reply Quote
I think it should be a % of dmg for thorns. Or maybe life stealy. or all res
Reply Quote
% damage return please... and it should be a % number that's high enough to be viable. Not 2500 flat that's absolutely nothing in Hell/Inferno.
Reply Quote
I dunno 2500 LOH is pretty good. But for it to give up your damage boost option in weapon socket it should be epic life steal.

So say because the gems fo up in tiers, the highest being this new Maquise or whatever, it should go up to (in steps bit by bit) to a max of 6% Life Steal or more.

Whatever the other gems are and what they offer needs to be as epic as adding 110% Crit Damage. 'Cause with builds with around 50% Crit Chance it's just too good of a DPS buff to pass up.
Reply Quote
This issue really needs to be addressed. And properly. (as in a good, fun, interesting way lol)
Reply Quote
Making the INT gem give you THORNS equipped on a WEAPON is dumb.
Thorns are completely useless in this game. It worthless even trying to build around it.

I dont agree with AR because the weapon slot should something offensive. LS, IAS or crit chance would more sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]