Diablo® III

Someone paid 239m-1503.7-199 cd grandfather!

That auction ended minutes ago and I was shocked it went for so much! It could have gone for even more in the last seconds too! I just saw it was 185m with an hour to go then I kept checking and it went to 239m with less than a minute left and when I refreshed it was gone. It had just over 1500 dps and 1 shy of 200 perfect cd. 11% ias, 170 dex, 162 str, 163 int, 155 vit, 15% life. I would gain 2k life, lose nearly 4k dps and 0.1% protection vs. my skorn which can be had for around 20m. I am really curious which class this grandfather will end up with and why didn't the buyer get a skorn for less than a tenth the cost with equal or more damage? Yes, my barb and monk also have a grandfather that cost only a few mil, not a few hundred mil!
Reply Quote
My guess is for PvP

Grandfather is more EHP based than skorn
Reply Quote
My guess is for PvP

Grandfather is more EHP based than skorn

I forgot to mention that the winner is flipping it for 576/640m! I bet he keeps lowering the price till he finally sells it for 150m to another flipper, rinse and repeat with Blizz getting 15% gold each time. The ehp argument holds no water since you can't use a shield with any 2h wep. The top ehp players don't even focus on damage so crit is useless to them since you can either have dps or ehp but not both!
Reply Quote
i looted yesterday a Grandfather, and i think it is good it has a 400+ vit and 15%life and then i searched AH and i saw your Grandfather i think yours is pretty good havent seen someone like your Grandfather 199CD! and 1500+ dps its really good i think and its faster than skorn
Reply Quote
It sounds like you're salty about flipping.

Truth is, flipping helps the D3 economy.
Reply Quote
It sounds like you're salty about flipping.

Truth is, flipping helps the D3 economy.

I would pay as much as 50m to actually use that GF just to get a good alternative to a 20m skorn with similar damage. Let those flippers dish it out and waste their gold, no way is that GF worth over 50m because my monk has one in the low 1400s that cost only a few mil lol.
Reply Quote
Well, that flipper couldn't sell so he relisted it for 580m. My bet is he keeps trying and won't be able to sell it for over 100m so he will lose most of his gold.
Reply Quote
He dropped the price to 520m lol. Keep dropping, maybe youll sell for 100m. On another note, I won a GF almost as good as his for a tiny fraction. It was in the 1400s with 160 something crit damage. I mainly use skorn, the GF is just an alt wep whenever I feel like.
Reply Quote
I sold one just now for 100m. No Crit Dmg, no LS, no Sock... just a plain one but with 1570 dps. Any idea which character would have bought it for what purpose?
Reply Quote
06/05/2013 09:20 PMPosted by D33D
I sold one just now for 100m. No Crit Dmg, no LS, no Sock... just a plain one but with 1570 dps. Any idea which character would have bought it for what purpose?

Merc weapon. Grandfather has the highest stat combos for any merc weapon.
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 01:32 AMPosted by MasterJay

Merc weapon. Grandfather has the highest stat combos for any merc weapon.

What good for Enchantress? Most would go Maximus or Azurewrath or Grand Viser for MF.
Reply Quote
Ace trolls the barb forums. He made a thread the other day how people are dumb for using Skorns over Grandfathers, and another thread telling people how bad Witch's are to IK belts...
Reply Quote
skorn suck vs grandfather ... yes i win like 7k dps but lose 20k life ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]