Diablo® III

Demonic essence farming

Thought I'd add those that intend to farm these hard might want to consider a Puzzle ring for yourself or your companion, or both!

Goblins can also drop Demonic Essenses now. I'll be using one on my Scoundrel.

I will be switching runs around:

1: Warriors Rest or The Crypts in The Festering Woods - kill Elite, reset
2: VotA +Blackrock mine WP.
3: Skycrown Battlements 5NV then kill Ghom for recipes.
Reply Quote
Nice ! I have been using Puzzle Ring like forever so this is sweet lol You have like +5 more packs worth of loots with puzzle Ring per run anyway, no reason not to use it.
Reply Quote
Hmmmm! Must try, thanks sir Aphreal
Reply Quote
thx aph picked one up just now
Reply Quote
With the xp boost I'm still leaning toward keeps 1 waypoint through ghom runs. At least until the new plans lose all their value.

It wont be the max DE by any stretch, but I think I can get 16-18 per hour while still having a good shot at quality xp/h and legends/h numbers.
Reply Quote
You might consider doing the Kulle run instead. I'm finding it faster to get a NV5 stack from Blackrock, the 2 sewers, and Alcarnus and then stomp Kulle.

Once the recipes are worthless, I'm inclined to do the VotA/Blackrock circle for essences.

I'm also switching to Hysteria on my scoundrel. An extra 6% damage outweighs 3% extra crit chance. (That 10% extra damage is up as soon as the cooldown wears off, each and every time. There's no icon; you need to look at the char sheet to see the damage change.)

(Of course, 24% movement speed would be even better -- I know, I know...)
Edited by mou#1752 on 2/6/2013 12:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
did i just imagine it or didnt patch notes say hellfire rings will be DE-able into essences? If that is the case...ive saved all the (absolutely terrible) ones ive made so that would be quite convenient haha.
Reply Quote
It says "Hellfire Rings now salvage into Legendary crafting materials"

Not sure exactly what that means, maybe brimstone.

Luckily I've saved all mine too so glad the salvage is getting better.
Reply Quote
Brimstones only. I tested on PTR>
Reply Quote
correct me if im wrong, but i heard somewhere the puzzle ring had a timer requiring a certain amount of time spent in game before it procced, and then another timer before it could work again?
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:58 AMPosted by Aphraell
Brimstones only. I tested on PTR>

bah damn. Wouldnt it be nice if we could use all those useless items we spent way too much time grinding keys adn uber parts for (ie every hellfire ring most of us have ever made). salvage them, and get matierlas that let us sink our gold into crafting more items that will probably have none of the stats we wanted? Then again i suppsoe this would flood the market too quickly.

oh well, at least now there's something potentially profitable (for however long that lasts lol) that we can farm and possibly even make efficient gold/hour doing so haha.
Reply Quote
Yeah it's 15 min CD iirc. After 15 min when you get hit Goblin immediately appears with 100% chance.

I may be wrong though. But for months it has been like that for me.
Reply Quote
15 minute per-character cooldown, yes. So, arguably, it works out to an extra goblin maybe every 20 minutes.
Reply Quote
yeah goblins are giving me more esences than elites, dunno whats wrong but the esences seem to have a smaller % than stated since last ptr hotfix. I did 3 ghom runs a few hours ago and killed an average of 7 elites per run (counting gobs n ghom) and got 4 esences total in mp8. yesterady same deal or worse.

Also have been getting about the same ammount archon plans from mobs than from ghom...... like yesterday 5 mp8 runs and he gave me 1 plan. today in other 3 runs another plan. and i have gotten in those runs 2 plans just from elites and trash mob.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 09:24 AMPosted by ximae
yeah goblins are giving me more esences than elites, dunno whats wrong but the esences seem to have a smaller % than stated since last ptr hotfix.

Esseence drop rate was drastically reduced after last PTR patch.

Essence from Elites and bosses according to the following values:
MP 0: 15.0000%
MP 1: 16.5000%
MP 2: 18.1500%
MP 3: 19.9650%
MP 4: 21.9615%
MP 5: 24.1577%
MP 6: 26.5734%
MP 7: 29.2308%
MP 8: 32.1538%
MP 9: 35.3692%
MP 10: 38.9061%
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Veda
yeah goblins are giving me more esences than elites, dunno whats wrong but the esences seem to have a smaller % than stated since last ptr hotfix.

Esseence drop rate was drastically reduced after last PTR patch.

Essence from Elites and bosses according to the following values:
MP 0: 15.0000%
MP 1: 16.5000%
MP 2: 18.1500%
MP 3: 19.9650%
MP 4: 21.9615%
MP 5: 24.1577%
MP 6: 26.5734%
MP 7: 29.2308%
MP 8: 32.1538%
MP 9: 35.3692%
MP 10: 38.9061%

i know, but 21 x 0,32 = 6.7 not 4. and yesterdays average was even worse. I know the sample size is small but its not heading in the right direction in the 2 days i have been giving it a shot.

maybe rng is just punishing me for the awsome 5.5 cc + 86 dex + armour lacunis it gave me yesterday.
Reply Quote
I blame this thread for doubling the prices of puzzle rings on the NA AH! All my snipe bids failed...
Reply Quote

1: Warriors Rest or The Crypts in The Festering Woods - kill Elite, reset
2: VotA +Blackrock mine WP.
3: Skycrown Battlements 5NV then kill Ghom for recipes.

I plan on just doing VotA, clear the place for drops + Essence + 5 NV stack, then killing Kulle for recipes. That way I kill several birds with one stone. Seems the most efficient way, unless I'm missing something.
Reply Quote
Yea, what you're missing is that it's really easy to lose your VoA checkpoint if you do that.
Reply Quote
You lose it going into Kulle's area?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]