Diablo® III

my w/w barb iso advice.

well ive been playing for a little bit now , and i can do mp 4 /5 np and with good cm even higher mp clearly i lack dmg and ar in my eyes.. now my questiion

ive only got about 36m right now, should i just keep saving up ? and if so thats fine but what item should i be aiming to get next?

or would it be smarter to save up few hundred mil say and upgrade a few items at a time ... just looking for smartest room thanks for looking.
Reply Quote
I am on my phone right now so I can't view stats on your items. However, from a quick glance it seems like you only have 12% ms unless ur ICs have ms. Next upgrade I assume would be Lacunis with crit.
Reply Quote
You should have 24% move speed. Maybe save up for a good crit lacuni.

---

xxxkan ninja'ed me by 4 seconds D:
Edited by Eclipse#1647 on 2/5/2013 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
i thought prowlers would be a smart upgrade not suprised this came up , so along with crit what should i look for strength ? vit ? ar ? not sure which..

looking at a pair for 30m add me 6.2k dmg lose 3.5k life.. , 4.5 cc 8 ias 81 strength , is that worth 30m thoug?h
Edited by Eves#1645 on 2/5/2013 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you're loaded, Str+Vit double roll with AR and crit. :D

Otherwise you'll need to balance the missing stats on other gear.
Reply Quote
AR Lacunis with high crit chance are extremely expensive. I got str on mine and just got the AR on my gloves instead (currently in my farming set so its not in profile).

Edit: Eclipse beat me this time :(
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 2/5/2013 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
well maybe ill save up another 70m first , i see i can get some decent pairs for 100m just strength roll and decent cc adds me around 8-9k dps as well. otherwise im lookin at 30 m that addes about 6k . but rather the 9ias as well
Reply Quote
You need to also replace your hellfire rings with ones that have atk speed and crit chance. Again from a quick glance I believe you will hit the 2.5 Breakpoint with WoTB if you get Lacunis + a new ring.

The lacunis don't have to be 9% ias. I mean it does bother me to only have 8%, but really I rather not pay a couple mil more for 1% lol.
Reply Quote
Yeah. Don't forget that you'll then have to make up for the lost AR elsewhere -- that's going to cost you another chunk of gold unless you can make do with lower AR.

----

His offhand exceeds 2.51 with WotB. Mainhand needs another ~15% ias.
Edited by Eclipse#1647 on 2/5/2013 11:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
If you are committed to using a crappy EF for your MH you need to invest in a monster OH with huge str/crit/socket and LS if you need it. You have to understand the only upgrade WRT weapons will be several hundred mil MH EF which is a waste of gold IMO.

edit: i would get a cold soj to replace the hellfire.
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 2/6/2013 6:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
well ive been playing for a little bit now , and i can do mp 4 /5 np and with good cm even higher mp clearly i lack dmg and ar in my eyes.. now my questiion

ive only got about 36m right now, should i just keep saving up ? and if so thats fine but what item should i be aiming to get next?

or would it be smarter to save up few hundred mil say and upgrade a few items at a time ... just looking for smartest room thanks for looking.

Okay, I can already tell that your big holdup is crit chance. Should be as close to 60% or higher as you can get it.

Next, your stats are spread too evenly across your gear. It's hard to move up that way without paying a flat TON of gold, and you'll never really be where you want. Your best bet is to go all out on one stat on one piece of gear while completely ignoring another - or two - on the same piece of gear.

Another big boost for you would be to get lifesteal on at least one of your weapons, so you can drop the bloothirst passive for tough as nails.

Lastly, drop instigation from bash and go for clobber. I can't believe so many people completely disregard that 35% stun chance, especially when using an echoing fury. It's HUGE.

You can check my gear to see what I mean about how to allocate your stats. You still get great balance. I know my dps isn't as awesome as it could be, but I'm really picky and won't put on the new gear I'm buying for that until I have it all, and it's balanced.

I hope this helps, and good luck.

Oh, I should also tell you that your EF is NOT crappy. The strength isn't all that, but the fear chance is nice and low. Don't take any flack from somebody using one with almost a 16% fear chance.
Edited by Schizmark#1772 on 2/6/2013 6:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
02/06/2013 06:26 AMPosted by Schizmark
Oh, I should also tell you that your EF is NOT crappy. The strength isn't all that, but the fear chance is nice and low. Don't take any flack from somebody using one with almost a 16% fear chance.

901 top end damage for a MH is trumped by 12% fear? I'll remember that.
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 2/6/2013 7:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
hey eves sorry for hijacking your thread.

I need some help on my gears as well.

I am farming mp5/6 with no problems . only thing is that i hope i can farm a little bit faster

looking at upgrades, but do not know which direction to go.

do i need to change my weapon>?

advise me pls.

thank you
Reply Quote

901 top end damage for a MH is trumped by 12% fear? I'll remember that.

It is, actually. Chasing = not hitting, so you're not getting the damage you think you are. I didn't say the thing was godly, just not crappy.

And where do you get 901? I'm seeing 1098 dps and 1.44 a/s. His strength is 1901, but you couldn't have been having some kind of dyslexic moment, could you?
Edited by Schizmark#1772 on 2/6/2013 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oooh...this is about to get good.

I'm with Pho. The range of damage on the mainhand is massive for True DPS values on each tornado dropped by RLTW.

If you have a shallow damage range then you are gimping your true damage by a lot. Note on Pho's EF: (1) Used in Offhand to proc fear waaaay less. (2) Pho uses a SoJ to control the kiting and slow mobs that are running. Also SoJ gives the best tDPS bump (against elites) out of any jewelry in the game.

To get tDPS values up using a high range main hand will most definitely do way more damage then the EF equipped by OP.

I mean no offense by this Schiz...but you really don't know what you are talking about.

Have a great day! :D

Edit: By the way...the 901 is the top end of the Range of damage listed in the EF's damage properties. No dyslexia...Pho is looking at the RIGHT number.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/6/2013 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oooh...this is about to get good.

I'm with Pho. The range of damage on the mainhand is massive for True DPS values on each tornado dropped by RLTW.

If you have a shallow damage range then you are gimping your true damage by a lot. Note on Pho's EF: (1) Used in Offhand to proc fear waaaay less. (2) Pho uses a SoJ to control the kiting and slow mobs that are running. Also SoJ gives the best tDPS bump (against elites) out of any jewelry in the game.

To get tDPS values up using a high range main hand will most definitely do way more damage then the EF equipped by OP.

I mean no offense by this Schiz...but you really don't know what you are talking about.

Have a great day! :D

Edit: By the way...the 901 is the top end of the Range of damage listed in the EF's damage properties. No dyslexia...Pho is looking at the RIGHT number.

1. I realized what number he was talking about after leaving the forums, but was too busy to get back. My apologies for that statement.

2. I do know what I'm talking about and that EF is not crap. As I said before, I did not say it was godly, just not crap.

3. Pho may get more damage per tic out of his tornadoes, but he gets less tics because his mainhand weapon speed blows, and yes there are different speeds for each hand. You can keep your details open during melee and watch them flip back and forth during each swing.

I may not know everything, but I know more than you think.

No offense taken, and you have a great day too.
Reply Quote
View profile
Pho may get more damage per tic out of his tornadoes, but he gets less tics because his mainhand weapon speed blows, and yes there are different speeds for each hand. You can keep your details open during melee and watch them flip back and forth during each swing.

Do you understand how an EF works? My MH is swinging at the same speed as the EF and therefore, the nados will be ticking at the same rate regardless of which weapon I just swung.

Just cuz the OP's MH is an EF with low fear doesn't make it a suitable MH. If you want to maximize damage, you need to get as high damage range, str, and/or crit as you can afford.

I learned my lesson about arguing with people who can't make arguments with proper understanding of this build's mechanics. Instead they resort to ad hominem attacks. I'm dyslexic and my EF sucks, so I can't possibly be right.
Reply Quote
I don't want to take part in this argument, but I just want to say...

.24 > .21
Reply Quote
Pho may get more damage per tic out of his tornadoes, but he gets less tics because his mainhand weapon speed blows, and yes there are different speeds for each hand. You can keep your details open during melee and watch them flip back and forth during each swing.

Do you understand how an EF works? My MH is swinging at the same speed as the EF and therefore, the nados will be ticking at the same rate regardless of which weapon I just swung.

Just cuz the OP's MH is an EF with low fear doesn't make it a suitable MH. If you want to maximize damage, you need to get as high damage range, str, and/or crit as you can afford.

I learned my lesson about arguing with people who can't make arguments with proper understanding of this build's mechanics. Instead they resort to ad hominem attacks. I'm dyslexic and my EF sucks, so I can't possibly be right.

Look. I apologized. If you'd like me to again, fine. I'm sorry I insulted you.

I use an EF, and my weapon speeds still change with each swing. I told you how to check it, so do that for yourself instead of getting angry at me. I have also gone to the trouble of comparing tic rates by swapping mainhands, and the difference between the two was phenomenal.

I understand the mechanics just fine.

If you hadn't chosen such an obnoxious way to tell the OP that he needed to improve his gear, I wouldn't have chosen to defend him as obnoxiously.
Edited by Schizmark#1772 on 2/6/2013 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Schizmark
I use an EF, and my weapon speeds still change with each swing.

Because you have an offhand axe. If you had a mace with base of 1.2 aps, your attacks would both hit at the exact same rate. :)

It's a preference I guess. More ticks does not always mean more damage over time. If you are ticking at a good rate to maintain fury, you want each tick to maximize damage. Maximizing damage per tick really bumps your tDPS.

If you use a shallow main hand with a bunch of affixes (i.e. attack speed, etc) all of those numbers are already calculated into the dps values shown within the weapon range. As a result your true damage per tick is inflated by looking at the DPS of the main hand weapon.

Weapon damage range is super important when determining tDPS values. That's why main hand/off hand selection is always such a hang up for ww barbs trying to transition into higher MPs.

There are plenty of topics here that go into crazy depth about it...
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/6/2013 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]