Diablo® III

Best Place for DH to farm for gold and items

I'm a DH just getting going again after a lay-off..
Was checking out the AH and noticed anything good is going for
100's of Millions of gold, if not Billions.. Where does anyone come
up with that kind of gold??

My question is, where's the best place to farm for gold and items??
Would I be best farming in Inferno, or somewhere else??
Reply Quote
Farm the AH, buy low sell high. lol
Duel wield credit cards..

or..
Buy MF/GF gear, that you can survive mp1-2 with, and farm act 3 Core, stores, depths.
Then hope for decent drops.

or..go the other route selling unidentifieds on the trade section here, some still buy.
I find that for the most part selling unidentified i make more, because i rarely see decent drop.
Reply Quote
My mf routes not that I mf that much I mostly just dork around in public games :)

I farm on Mp1 when I'm alone you don't need amazing gear to do so at a good speed
I try to keep my mf games to under 15 minutes each or less and take a break each run
I also generally just join public games and play along with people as it's more fun

Act1
Festering > Manor > Warden > Butcher > Keywarden > Watchtower - it's in a new place

Act2
Terminus till 5 stacks > Kulle > Keywarden > Vault act2 has really good mob density

Act3
Get 5 stacks > Keyward > Azmo I don't really like act3 so I keep it short
Edited by Calamity#1271 on 2/6/2013 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I farm at mp0 in act III, mobs are level 63 there so the drops will be just as good with mp >0 anywhere. Killspeed is generally recognized as better than just increasing mf via mp. As for farming itself, act III is king due to its vastly greater monster density across multiple areas compared to any other act..

My route has varied over the paragon levels, but I now prefer Arreat core -> Skycrown Battlements -> Stonefort to keywarden (yes, its at mp0, but keys can still drop and stonefort's not that bad in and of itself) -> Keeps level 2 -> Rakkis Crossing -> Bridge of Korsikk -> Arreat crater 2.

Also, cap your follower's magic find (and gold find if you can)! A fully capped templar (gives the highest mf/gf capability with a 1-hander like Sun keeper and shield) gives you 30% mf.
Edited by Trivan#1271 on 2/6/2013 8:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
farm MP0/public game inferno Act3 FTW...
Reply Quote
I farm at MP8 when playing solo and I make millions everyday from just picking up gold and vendoring blues and yellows.

The majority of players do low MP runs and they only pickup yellows and legendaries. The majority of players are also gold poor.

Play the highest MP Level you can survive and vendor blues and yellows. Most blues (at higher MP Levels) are worth as much as most yellows (at lower MP Levels). A full stash of blues can be vendored in less than a minute for a quick 20-30K.
Reply Quote
I farm at MP8 when playing solo and I make millions everyday from just picking up gold and vendoring blues and yellows.

The majority of players do low MP runs and they only pickup yellows and legendaries. The majority of players are also gold poor.

Play the highest MP Level you can survive and vendor blues and yellows. Most blues (at higher MP Levels) are worth as much as most yellows (at lower MP Levels). A full stash of blues can be vendored in less than a minute for a quick 20-30K.

I thought I read, or was led to believe, that drops aren't any better on MP 8, 9 or 10 than they are on MP 0, 1 or 2.. Is this not right???
Reply Quote
first time i heard player pick blues in MP8/high MPs... i make millions by pickup gold..i have 28 pickup radius with monk, 34 pickup with barbarian and 14 pickup with DH..i only fast farming MP3 btw.. also i max GF on my templar too..
Reply Quote
REALLY you farm mp8 solo on your dps and make millions each day? How long does it take for you to complete a run. Add to the fact that you pick up everything and have to sell, then go back and do it again. Hard to believe this is efficient. I can find 5-10 legen in a 5-6 run time frame and sell that for 10s of millions. Its quality that counts not quantity, that's why most people farm low mp or public you kill fast and find things faster.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 11:24 PMPosted by fminthehood
REALLY you farm mp8 solo on your dps and make millions each day? How long does it take for you to complete a run. Add to the fact that you pick up everything and have to sell, then go back and do it again. Hard to believe this is efficient. I can find 5-10 legen in a 5-6 run time frame and sell that for 10s of millions. Its quality that counts not quantity, that's why most people farm low mp or public you kill fast and find things faster.

On my DPS?? My DPS is more than enough for MP8, if you think more is needed then you need to reevaluate your playing style.

How long does it take to make a run? I rarely make a run, I play complete Acts. I can play through the whole game in a day if I don't lose my concentration.

It takes less than a minute to vendor a full stash and get back to the fight. It takes most players longer than that to return to the fight after dying, which I rarely do.

I make millions picking up gold and vendoring, I make even more on the Auction House. While I have found good items in the more popular areas, the majority of my Great Drops occur in the more remote areas of the game (aka places you rarely or never see).

It's quality that counts, not quantity. Exactly, Correct. I don't race through the game missing the Quality spots so that I can rack up on the Quantity and Experience Points.

Most player run low MP or Public games to gain Experience Faster. Higher MP Levels increase the size of Gold piles and the chance for more Yellow and Legendaries to drop. Higher MP Levels also increases the Monster Level which increases the Items Level dropped.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]