Diablo® III

Lifesteal question

I read somewhere that after 100K dps unbuffed you need 3% lifestal. Is this statement accurate? Or i should aim for 6%? I am asking that because if 3% is enough i could give up on 3% from belt to buy witching hour and keep 3% lifesteal from the passive.

Can anyone clarify?
Reply Quote
Typically the lower your DPS the more lifesteal you need.

With the current design of Reflect Damage, most barbs transition from LoH to LS somewhere around 80K dps. That being said at 80K dps if you have only 3% lifesteal, you will get dominated.

Unless you are pushing crazy amounts of dps, I don't think 3% ever becomes viable.

Aim for somewhere between 5.4-6% lifesteal. That will carry through DPS > 100K.
Reply Quote
View profile
Under 100K, LoH is better.
100k-200k, 6% Lifesteal
Over 200k, 3% Lifesteal (with at least 1M EHP and 500+resists)

The exception to this rule is if you are particularly good with Rend/Bloodlust.
Then, you can afford to drop the lifesteal by half. However, if Rend is not in your skill loadout, don't even think about dropping lifesteal/loh.
Reply Quote
@Castablanca
Can you comment if those are buffed or unbuffed numbers. With or without WotB. I'm assuming unbuffed.
Reply Quote
View profile
those numbers are buffed, but without WOTB.
Ideally, you should be able to perma-WOTB as the CC-immunity helps with sustain dramatically, especially in higher MPs.
They are also fixing the health-linked reflect elites which currently given even the top players a run for their money.

Also, if you can successfully do WW-nado, you can get by with 3% because the mobility mitigates damage by nature, and throw in a few rends here and there when you encounter reflect.

However, 5.5-6% puts everything on easy mode, i.e. face tank.
I have about 600-700 resists, 6k armor, 48k hp, 222k unbuffed dps, and with 5.8% lifesteal, I can stand in anything and just HOTA for full heals. If it gets crazy, then I WWnado to escape and also to apply the DoT which stabilizes my health globe.
Reply Quote
I am talking about 5.500K unbufffed armor and 140K overal dps. You think these numbers require 6% lifesteal?
Edited by NeoPrini#2683 on 2/1/2013 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
definitely
Reply Quote
thank you very much for your answers :)
Reply Quote
I would suggest using at least 6% life steal regardless of how much dps you have.

It really isn't that hard to obtain. 3% on either weapon or both, 3% on belt, and 3% using bloodthirst passive, if you cant reach 6% on items only.

I would hioghly suggest tryin to obtain the 6% on items as this opens up a passive slot for something other than bloodthirst.

Even with 200k+ damage only 3% LS will rip you a new one on reflect mobs with certain other random affixes.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/01/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Kizmatti
Even with 200k+ damage only 3% LS will rip you a new one on reflect mobs with certain other random affixes.

Rend/bloodlust for sustained lifesteal
HOTA/Smash (at 200k dps with 3% lifesteal) = instant heal
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]