Diablo® III

1.0.7: Replacement for Blinding Flash: FitL?

Since most of you use Faith in the Light to snapshot for SW, I'm curious what you will replace BF with when 1.0.7 drops?
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Greymantle
Since most of you use Faith in the Light to snapshot for SW, I'm curious what you will replace BF with when 1.0.7 drops?

why should i ?

blinds gives me CC / DPS and i use beacon :)

need to rez someone : blind
need to reduce incoming damage : blind
need to interupt a hard hitting attack : blind
Reply Quote
What I'll be using >:3

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7811151489#1
Reply Quote
Almost certainly moving to Foresight and replacing Beacon with Combination Strike. It will work very well on the PTR/patch, and it will result in higher DPS then than it does now thanks to the changes to SW damage.
Reply Quote
problem with the way the game works nowadays

the need to chain CC is no longer needed as much as before

skill buff , better ilevel drops , more powerful equipment ( legendaries ) , paragon level , while nerfs to monster abilities , hp/dps ....

it just doesnt add up for me
Reply Quote
exploding palm - the flesh is weak, im really happy bout rd only reflecting max 10% of dmg when elites health is low enough
Reply Quote
2 defensive applications of FITL that I haven't seen discussed much:

1. In multiplayer, if no CC immunities have accumulated, you can blind+rez with near 100% gaurantee (importantly, this assumes no ranged are firing at you from afar, that no lasers/ground effects are thrown your way simultaneously, and that you have better-than-slug-like reflexes).

2. When facing frozen mobs In challenging content, instead of spamming FITL for dps, save it and use it right before frozen explosions. Assuming you have lifesteal, are using cyclones, and not standing in a desecrator pool like derpnut, you should never die due to frozen.

I see icyraine has pointed out #1 in his post above. Also, #2 prob fits into his other two generic applications.

In (stupid) ++DPS-at-all-cost set-ups, FITL is prob 2nd tier, but i'm frankly not even interested in knowing cause it's staying on my bar.

I will consider alternatives for TR, but the short term boost in SW+TR direct damage (super buffed in patch) + blind + low spirit cost + decent recast will be pretty hard to beat.

All my opinions, of course :)
Reply Quote
2. When facing frozen mobs In challenging content, instead of spamming FITL for dps, save it and use it right before frozen explosions. Assuming you have lifesteal, are using cyclones, and not standing in a desecrator pool like derpnut, you should never die due to frozen.

Ooh, that's nice. I'm going to save this one, see how it works. I usually just try to time my Dashing Strike and spam MoE in case I miss, but this might be useful, depending on timing.
Reply Quote
Looks like the monks with high dps will keep BF for its other benefits while the monks with low/medium dps will switch to one of the buffed skills. Interesting. I guess that's a win for build diversity.
Reply Quote
Probably going to drop blinding flash for the new bells! Such a cool animation! Sadly that would probably meant dropping Fleet Footed for exalted soul too.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#adgSek!cXU!YbYcba

Been playing with that.
Reply Quote
For my tempest rusher, I'll go with SSS. Instant kill on any elite pack is nice, but above all it makes me completely safe against reflect dmg without using any life steal. Could perhaps make it possible for me to reach MP1 and still insta kill all trash mobs :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]