Diablo® III

Account Bound Items. Why the Idea is BAD!

Going to be great to roll a BIS item from crafting and then go darn wish I played a class that uses it.
Reply Quote
One of the great things about crafting is the multiple functions it can serve. A healthy resource sink at this point in the game’s life cycle seems like it would be a good thing, and the 1.0.7 bind-on-account crafting recipes and gems should help in that regard. The crafting recipes also provide you the chance to roll a best-in-slot item that you can't buy or sell on the Auction House (something which players have been asking for), and the Marquise gem of course will be the highest tier available in the game.

As time goes on and the game changes, it is likely crafting will as well. We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment, but of course we want to keep adapting with the community and the economy as they evolve. In the meantime, and as always, it would be great to hear your ideas about crafting, and we encourage you to keep talking about what you'd like to see out of the system. :)

Thats great but how about we do something about all the old crafted gear? its still 99% bad.

a quote from another thread about the current crafting situation in the PTR feedback summed it up nicely.

This is what i said in another post. What blizzard did was just add more crafting but they forgot about ALL the legendary and set crafting, because as it stands now 99% of those are all garbage and cant even remotely come close to competing.

After the 1.04 legendary buff they forgot to buff crafted legendaries and sets and what it did was instantly make them all garbage.

Perfect examples of this are the crafted items that have been complete garbage since launch.
Demons Skin, Griswolds NOT so Masterpiece, Wondrous Deflectors, Robes of the Rydraelm, Gehennas, Fire Brand, Rozepedins Staff, Venom Husk, Ruinstoke, Blood MAgic Blade, Earthshatter.

All of the above are level 60 craft able weapons and armor that look cool but are literally wasted polygons since they are next to useless. Even the most perfect roll will never become competitive in their sorry state. Of course crafters dont want them to be BIS but at least make them competitive.

The only plans worth making and barely are Hallowed Set mostly because the shields are coming back in business for pvp and the Helm of command for the block chance but even then the chances of anything decent is VERY VERY low.

Also blizzard took a step backwards in 1.04 with crafting when they decided to NERF sages set by removing the 12% move speed auto roll on the boots. What where they thinking?? now nobody makes the boots except for the gloves.

The old plans are there, the models are there, what isn't there is competitive numbers and rolls to make them usable anymore. They buffed all legendaries but forgot the crafted ones and left them in the dust. By making these new plans i think thats fine to add more content and make them BOA since they CAN be BIS but what they need to do now is address all the old crappy crafted gear and just bump up the numbers a bit. Its not like its a ton of work since everything is already there and ready to go. They just need to make the numbers better.

Make ALL craftable gear that isnt BOA have a chance to roll from the ilvl 63 pool but not be BIS just competitive
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Flea
Going to be great to roll a BIS item from crafting and then go darn wish I played a class that uses it.

You don't even know what you're talking about. The new gamble recipes allow you to select main stat. If you are selecting strength rolls for your Witch Doctor, that's your bad.
Reply Quote
BoA is indeed a terrible idea. Crafting as it stands right now is weak, too weak to be an effective gold sink.

Just as this game was extremely unrewarding at launch to so so many gamers that they left the game.

In parallel, if crafting is unrewarding, many many gamers will not waste their time and resources with crafting. Hence, no real gold sink even though the plan and intention was so. I have tried crafting and the results was so weak that I stopped wasting my resources.

I am guessing that these are amongst his last decision made for D3 which is sad, really sad cuz its not the right or good direction for D3.

We can only hope that this 'new' team will reconsider about BoA, crafting cost and the odds of a better crafting results.
Reply Quote
Blizzard I cant get on It said Something about my video card and a lot of my friends said the same thing too can u do another update of were it wont say that please I cant do anything to make it work. Or people with this same issue post I need help making diablo3 to work please Blizzard help me with this issue please help.
Reply Quote
One of the great things about crafting is the multiple functions it can serve. A healthy resource sink at this point in the game’s life cycle seems like it would be a good thing, and the 1.0.7 bind-on-account crafting recipes and gems should help in that regard. The crafting recipes also provide you the chance to roll a best-in-slot item that you can't buy or sell on the Auction House (something which players have been asking for), and the Marquise gem of course will be the highest tier available in the game.

As time goes on and the game changes, it is likely crafting will as well. We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment, but of course we want to keep adapting with the community and the economy as they evolve. In the meantime, and as always, it would be great to hear your ideas about crafting, and we encourage you to keep talking about what you'd like to see out of the system. :)
What is this "evolving" economy you speak of? Only economy I'm aware of is one that is burning to ash as a result of infestations of botting and duping.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:39 PMPosted by fartmaster
Blizzard I cant get on It said Something about my video card and a lot of my friends said the same thing too can u do another update of were it wont say that please I cant do anything to make it work. Or people with this same issue post I need help making diablo3 to work please Blizzard help me with this issue please help.

Hit ESC when you see the message about your video card...
Reply Quote

What you're missing is the core problem in crafting. To craft, a player must sacrifice gold in both salvaging items that could have at least been vendored for gold, as well as gold that could have been gained in any other manner, for an item that has no better guarantee of being good than any dropped item that a player could gain from nearly any fight. It's simply ludicrous to pretend that any change to crafting without strictly guaranteed results would make it viable.

This. Exactly. I figured this out within the first week or so of playing that crafting was nothing more than expensive, glorified gambling with the extra tedious step of amassing the materials. There MUST be a way to guarantee certain results to make it live up to D2 crafting.
Reply Quote
Ok now that Jay Wilson is gone why Blizzard do you insist on making the same mistakes as he would have lead the team into??

We DO NOT want account bound items. This is not world of warcraft, this is diablo 3 - a hack n slash dungeon crawler ITEM HUNTING AND TRADING game.

NO to any more account bound items.

Your team has it wrong unfortunately in this case.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Boneitis
Ok now that Jay Wilson is gone why Blizzard do you insist on making the same mistakes as he would have lead the team into??

Ok... i'll repeat what has been said hundreds of times when one of you kids who ride the yellow bus makes a comment about Jay Wilson ruining D3...

He was one guy and he didn't make design decisions... he approved design decisions presented to him from others who lead each group.

This proves it.
Reply Quote
Account bound is a bad idea.

Lots of Hellfire rings. Nothing to do with them after putting on followers. Could turn to brimstone and sell for about 27k gold. Currently 26 infernal machines, 14 t keys. I really don't understand the point. At least if I could move one through the AH, it would take 15 percent gold out of the system.

Gold sink ? Nope. As long as you have a closed system, you can have a workable gold sink. The game drops the gold, and you can put in mechanisms to make it gold neutral.

Once you start to sell gold (print money) for profit, gold sinks become a joke. You can't put in a workable and equitable system that works in the game for players that don't buy gold. Gold input via purchase can be massive and uncontrolable.

The game can invent mechanisms like a $20,000,000 marquise. I don't buy gold and frankly can't afford $20 mill for a marquis. I could if I bought gold, but that would be sink neutral. Meanwhile people are buying gold to get that neat weapon someone found resulting in an 85% net increase. That manajuma I bought in August for 20 mill, lists for about $120 mill now. I couldn't afford to buy it now, unless I bought gold to buy it and increased gold supply in the system. Or unless I find one to sell. Good luck with that. The whole thing works as long as there are enough players at the right stage to move product. There is an awful lot of product that doesn't appear to be moving, eg skorn. No moving product, no 15 percent sink, and the situation gets worse.
Reply Quote
I majored in economics and biz management, and the way D3 devs approach "resource sink" is painful to watch.

Need to reduce gold? Don't create gold sinks (which penalizes the "poor"). Reduce supply by removing gold bonus from Paragon (an asinine, bot-favored concept to begin with). Blizzard's philosophy is the turn on the spigot, let the water spill over to the floor, then throw whatever they can find to mop up the floor. Meanwhile, the simplest and most economically sound solution is to CLOSE THE FRICKING SPIGOT.

Conceptually or theoretically, you are right. With D3 as a game, simply can't agree with you.

If Blizzard wasn't greedy in trying to dig players' pockets there wouldn't be a RMAH and this problem would not exist in such a scale.

Its not the gold drops in-game that is flooding the market with gold, my gosh how could you even think that, its the dupers that is making unlimited supply of gold and flooding the market cuz they want real money. And they don;t care if D3 dies cuz they will just go to another game that lets them make real money.

What Blizzard is missing is that players will spend real money if they enjoy the game with friends. If the players don't enjoy the game then it's a no go with real money. So dig all you want cuz you will only find crumbs or perhaps a mouse trap in there.

Immediately after launch, those who played this game with a primary objective of making money didn't want the difficulty level to be lowered nor did they want more legendaries to drop cuz they wanted to be able to command a high price i.e. end objective to make money and they did succeed cuz you know who listened to them cuz they were in line with his objectives.

Well 9 mths after launch the player base dived and the money makers are crying and probably a good number have left for other money making games. So where does this leave D3. Well in the slums basically. Blizzard needs to heed the players who wants to play the game not the money minded D3 tycoons.

If Blizzard focuses on making a great game (instead of trying to manage the economy), they will succeed.
Reply Quote

You already had me convinced you have no clue whatsoever to bring this game up to d2 standards, thanks for the reminder!
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:04 AMPosted by ChangBooster
Yeah, BOA. If I get a sweet craft from the new recipes, sweet but not the exact stats I need, I get to throw it on my new mule named BOAbullplop instead of trading it. In related news, I'm really glad they used WoW devs to make this game and then gave it away free to WoW addicts. Oops we accidentally the Diablo.

Yeah. You are very correct. If you want to craft an item for sale in AH then don't craft BOA items. Simple. BOA items has the chance to roll the highest affix but the trade off is you can't sell it. IT'S NOT INTRODUCED IN THE GAME TO HAVE A NEW SOURCE OF ITEMS FOR SALE IN THE AH/RMAH. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ITEMS FOR "YOUR OWN USE" THEN TRY CRAFTING BOA. What's wrong here then?
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 04:19 PMPosted by steakncheese
Immediately after launch, those who played this game with a primary objective of making money didn't want the difficulty level to be lowered nor did they want more legendaries to drop cuz they wanted to be able to command a high price i.e. end objective to make money and they did succeed cuz you know who listened to them cuz they were in line with his objectives.
Lol? They've done nothing but lower the difficulty and increase the quantity of drops. They even increased the quality a fair bit too.

You know.. maybe some of players actually had some foresight and realized if all this was done the item hunt would be even more lackluster than it already was. Which brings us to now.

Which brings us back to the original position that this game was not ready for launch as it had many poorly conceived features. Thats why they had to back paddle to TRY to correct it but alas, when you don't know what you are doing, you can only make it worse.

Fortunately, someone listened to the players base and the game is improving and probably more so now that he is gone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]