Diablo® III

Account Bound Items. Why the Idea is BAD!

MVP
View profile
The only argument one can try and make is what Droth said. "Me likey self-found". Guess what, that's a logical fallacy. All my gear is self-found. I played the game, found items and gold, then bought some gear with the gold.

Quit being semantic.

Ok, what about the premise of flooding the auction house to the point where anything less than stellar is deemed worthless and then you sit and listen to the people complain about how the Auction House is a requirement for play?

The simple fact that everyone seems to be avoiding is that you are not REQUIRED to craft these new items. There's just a good chance that they'll actually be worthwhile.

That being said, you still have the option to use the Auction House if you so desire to. Just know that you could potentially craft something really epic for less than 1m gold that if found on the AH would be worth like 200m gold. The only drawback to your increased chance for success is that you can't sell it.

BoA is as mentioned before completely necessary to make crafting lucrative. In my opinion, all crafting should have been BoA to begin with.

02/06/2013 08:47 PMPosted by steakncheese
Just quit and go play a single player game that offers you the option to find everything in 15 minutes.

Ummm, I want it to take me a few months to gear a character. However, in the mean time getting upgrades here and there adds to the feeling of progression.

Currently I see a 2 mile long stick with a tiny carrot. Really what I want to see is a 10' stick with a regular sized carrot.

To summarize, too much stick, not enough carrot. This new BoA crafting will help address that.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 2/6/2013 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
The only argument one can try and make is what Droth said. "Me likey self-found". Guess what, that's a logical fallacy. All my gear is self-found. I played the game, found items and gold, then bought some gear with the gold.
Truth of the matter is that it is way too easy to get gear from the GAH. All that we ask is for the BoA flag in items that are actually quite expensive to get and are subject to the RNG that will make it actually pretty difficult to find any good rare with it. But they will be account bound. So self-found people will have something to show for. Something that says "see? I didn't just input search values in AH and used the gold I earned by taking advantage of commodity price variations. I actually had to kill elites for this."

We are not asking for any of the items that make it so easy to gear in the AH to go away. You will be still able to gear up to 100dps with just 20m or much less. We are not asking for easy items either. As a matter of fact, these items will require quite the amount of elite battles, materials and gold to work. And you will need to roll the items around 30 times before you get anything worthwhile.

Quit being semantic. Quit expecting instant gratification. Quit expecting to have the same progress as someone who's invested more than you. Just quit and go play a single player game that offers you the option to find everything in 15 minutes.
Interesting, because the BoA complainers seem to be the ones that want everything for free.

They want to easily craft the new rare AND get rich by selling them.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 2/6/2013 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 08:58 PMPosted by steakncheese
It is not the same.
It most certainly is.
Thanks to BoA items you will be unable to wrongfully claim this.

I guess this is the reason you oppose so much. And this is the reason self-finders are ok with it.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
02/06/2013 08:57 PMPosted by steakncheese
Ok, what about the premise of flooding the auction house to the point where anything less than stellar is deemed worthless and then you sit and listen to the people complain about how the Auction House is a requirement for play?
You don't listen to them because it's a fallacious complaint. You can play just fine without an Auction House. You wont progress at the same rate, but that is because you don't have millions of players drops at your disposal.

Even at 50k DPS it takes WEEKS or even MONTHS of moderate play to find an upgrade.

Once you reach a certain point, you pretty much are forced to use the Auction House.

It is not the same.
It most certainly is.

Actually it's not.

Someone else found that gear that you bought for you. You just payed them with your time (Gold accumulated) in exchange for that nice item.

It is NOT the same as finding everything yourself.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
02/06/2013 09:06 PMPosted by steakncheese
Even at 50k DPS it takes WEEKS or even MONTHS of moderate play to find an upgrade.
Maybe, you know, that's intentional? They created a permanent system, I'm sure they wanted the game to last a few years.

If you want a person to live for a year you feed them daily. (Carrot on a stick)

Any less and they'll starve. (Quit D3 for something else)
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
02/06/2013 09:20 PMPosted by steakncheese
So fix the reward structure, or let them quit. As I've previously stated in this thread I feel adequately rewarded for my time investment. It's completely subjective and trying to balance it is futile.

This is an attempt to fix the reward structure. =/

02/06/2013 09:26 PMPosted by Lammy
- people like you who just want to salvage are still free to do so!

I don't really get any enjoyment from destroying hundreds of worthless items. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

If you really want to know how I feel, items should drop FAR less than they currently do, but the threshold for good items should be higher. Rare doesn't really carry the name correctly if you find hundreds of them on a single run.

02/06/2013 09:26 PMPosted by Lammy
I mean cmon, respect other people's ways of enjoying the game!

I would say the same to you, my friend. My enjoyment comes from just playing the game, but finding / crafting something worthwhile is really what the current end game is. This is why I usually get incredibly bored after completing Inferno the first time. The fun factor is just gone and it's now entirely about the item hunt. The item hunt sucks so I just end up getting incredibly frustrated and bored.

I don't play the game to take a lesson in economics. =/ It's the same reason I rarely ever used the AH in WoW either. I'd rather just level a character to farm my own herbs / potions / jewels / minerals etc...
Reply Quote
Lol, Droth are you ever played D2? Or just came out from WoW? I think second. BoA craft system is deadborn. Why it is, was said before. Diablo as an online game is a game about trading first of all... Most of all BiS items are bought, get it? This was in D2 and must be here.
Reply Quote
Ah so Blizzard have supporting players like the MVPs who believe that all crafted items ought to be BoA. Well no wonder this game is going to pieces.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 09:58 PMPosted by Miruko
Ah so Blizzard have supporting players like the MVPs who believe that all crafted items ought to be BoA. Well no wonder this game is going to pieces.
MVPs have no bearing on the direction of this game. He's just a player with fancy text and a little more accountability for his actions.[/quote]

you truly believe that don't you. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]