Diablo® III

Account Bound Items. Why the Idea is BAD!

Do I plan on playing D3 now? Nope, because I don't play games where the items I spend 1000 hours to get are account bound, and when an item is later introduced trumping that 1000 hour item I'm thus forced to just sell it to the npc for 2000 gold or some ridiculously cheap amount.

3 Months since I've played this game and nothing that's been released has been something I've found "fun."

Good job guys.
You won't be missed. I mean, you paid $60 for a game you played for at least 1000's hours by your profile. I guess what you're after is Stock Market 3, not Diablo 3.

But hey, you weren't having any "fun" getting to Paragon 80 on a few 60's.
Reply Quote
at some point in the thread conversation went astray, the best in slot items arnt a ridiculous account bound item for the reason that you can choose the base stat.

for the average player that grinds a few hours a day for legendaries will pick up alot of the materials needed to craft these items (demonic essences and so forth) which pretty much just means your gonna get a better shot at getting great items and not wasting them away in the AH

complain all you want about the fact that your gonna spend hours crafting these (if your not 'lucky') but how fun would this game really be if all it took was 2 hours of farming to get you the best items in the game.

this game and its predecesors have always been about the grind and search for items. showing of your incredible rolls, great items, paragons and skill all in one.
Reply Quote
Some of you guys are cute thinking you were D2 pros for a decade and knew everything there was to know about it. Settle down. It's only D2, and it wasn't even that great. The rune trading was half-assed and snobs always wanted hrs for junk that normal people would have given away or dropped in a mf game.
Reply Quote
We don't need a gold sink. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If crafting these items requires absurd amounts of gold, aka winning big in the RNG that is the fail loot system, I'm going to continue not playing this !@#$ty, poorly designed game.
Reply Quote
One of the great things about crafting is the multiple functions it can serve. A healthy resource sink at this point in the game’s life cycle seems like it would be a good thing, and the 1.0.7 bind-on-account crafting recipes and gems should help in that regard. The crafting recipes also provide you the chance to roll a best-in-slot item that you can't buy or sell on the Auction House (something which players have been asking for), and the Marquise gem of course will be the highest tier available in the game.

As time goes on and the game changes, it is likely crafting will as well. We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment, but of course we want to keep adapting with the community and the economy as they evolve. In the meantime, and as always, it would be great to hear your ideas about crafting, and we encourage you to keep talking about what you'd like to see out of the system. :)

i would like to see depth added to the game. Could you do that please? This game is made for children that cant play it because of the rating. I want to like diablo (always have) but at this point its friggin boring.
Reply Quote
Just know that you could potentially craft something really epic for less than 1m gold that if found on the AH would be worth like 200m gold. The only drawback to your increased chance for success is that you can't sell it.

This is really funny.
Reply Quote
One of the great things about crafting is the multiple functions it can serve. A healthy resource sink at this point in the game’s life cycle seems like it would be a good thing, and the 1.0.7 bind-on-account crafting recipes and gems should help in that regard. The crafting recipes also provide you the chance to roll a best-in-slot item that you can't buy or sell on the Auction House (something which players have been asking for), and the Marquise gem of course will be the highest tier available in the game.

As time goes on and the game changes, it is likely crafting will as well. We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment, but of course we want to keep adapting with the community and the economy as they evolve. In the meantime, and as always, it would be great to hear your ideas about crafting, and we encourage you to keep talking about what you'd like to see out of the system. :)

Nobody's doubting you. Some people realize there's better ways of going about item sinks. You guys are incorporating too many elements from MMORPG's, where's the creativity?
Reply Quote
I would love a hellfire ring sink, something I can do with the bazillion hellfire rings I have other than vendor or disenchant them. I'm sure it's been said many times, but how about a global hellfire ring vendor count that causes a super uber mega diablo to randomly spawn somewhere in the current act you are in, who drops some amazing one of a kind item?
Reply Quote

Even at 50k DPS it takes WEEKS or even MONTHS of moderate play to find an upgrade.

Once you reach a certain point, you pretty much are forced to use the Auction House.

It most certainly is.

Actually it's not.

Someone else found that gear that you bought for you. You just payed them with your time (Gold accumulated) in exchange for that nice item.

It is NOT the same as finding everything yourself.

You might feel forced to use AH after some time because itemization sucks. They should fix it instead of introducing WoW-like schemes to a Diablo game. BoA has no place in here.
Reply Quote
I don't mind gold sinks. I don't mind high mat requirements.

I HATE that crafting is a bad die-roll gamble.

Jack up the price, for all I care, but the higher the cost goes, the more guarantee we should have to get something really good. More than one guaranteed att, in new items for more gold and more mats. Most folks would love that.

Others have suggested that the blacksmith or jewler would be able to improve a currently owned item. That would be an excellent use of crafting.
Reply Quote
I think the new account bound items is a step further in the battle against Bots.
Because ye sthey will be able to craft it, but nope... they wont be able to sell it.

Would be fun if we could at least trade Player to Player..

Because lets say you craft one thats godly and then you wear it for awhile...

then you craft again, get even better and then you cant sell the one you just replaced.

That kinda sucks IMO...

',..,'
Reply Quote

You won't be missed. I mean, you paid $60 for a game you played for at least 1000's hours by your profile. I guess what you're after is Stock Market 3, not Diablo 3.

But hey, you weren't having any "fun" getting to Paragon 80 on a few 60's.

Just read this thread again too.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7811152852

Yea.. plenty of videogames either don't allow this, or it doesn't negatively affect the game's economy in any way whatsoever. Sounds like there is definitely no reason to check back even in 3 months. I'll try again in 6 months.

Hewwos out.
Edited by Hewwos#1240 on 2/7/2013 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
So let me get this straight, so now we farm for the mats to make the item instead of the actual items, then I craft items and since there boa they can only be used by me so I can't make them to help out my friends. So what happened to farming for the actual items, and trading them with your friends, I guess I'm just old fashioned that way. I want my Diablo to be about getting loot, not crafting, not ah simulator 2.0.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Grimiku
We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment, but of course we want to keep adapting with the community and the economy as they evolve.

Grim, this is a big issue, and has been a main problem of the dev team's.

You have input so many changes in contrary to the many cries fans have pleaded against past and still future patches.

Many players beg to not implement the change, you do it anyways to "test" it and end up just losing another % of your player base.

Some changes can and will be good, and will bring the game back to life.

However, if you get multiple disagreements on a feature change then shouldn't it just be common sense to not implement that specific idea until it's reconfigured to the critic/fan/PTR player's liking?

The term "Change is here to stay" needs to go with Jay Wilson to whatever department he's off to mess up next.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]