Diablo® III

Account Bound Items. Why the Idea is BAD!

02/03/2013 01:40 AMPosted by Aaown
Crafted items should be tradeable. No brainer, really.

Simple and true.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 02:19 AMPosted by joshi
Crafted items should be tradeable. No brainer, really.

Simple and true.

No, otherwise the crafting potential would have to be nerfed for the sake of "the economy."
Reply Quote
If you want to make money by crafting the level 62 recipes are ok actually. Itemization is so ridiculous in this game, that the best level 62 rares are better than most level 63 rares.

This is something to keep in mind. The addition of the new BOA recipes is not removing anything from the game. All the trading that can happen right now, will still be possible after 1.07. So, don't worry. Trading and the AHs are here to stay.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 2/3/2013 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
I suspect even the devs understand it is a stupid idea but it was the quickest/easiest band-aid fix they could come up with. As you might have noticed from the past few patches the devs are looking to draw out the life of the game as much as they can with as little effort as possible. Whether this is out of ignorance/being cheap or because they are hard at work coming up with real solutions for later patches/the expansion is anyone's guess. This is one regard where I'd like to be the optimist and hope that they plan to abolish these items later once they've worked out the core problems in the game.
Edited by steveman0#1968 on 2/3/2013 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 09:14 AMPosted by steveman0
I suspect even the devs understand it is a stupid idea but it was the quickest/easiest band-aid fix they could come up with. As you might have noticed from the past few patches the devs are looking to draw out the life of the game as much as they can with as little effort as possible. Whether this is out of ignorance/being cheap or because they are hard at work coming up with real solutions for later patches/the expansion is anyone's guess. This is one regard where I'd like to be the optimist and hope that they plan to abolish these items later once they've worked out the core problems in the game.

I hope they expand on the idea.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 09:21 AMPosted by TheFunGun21

What is there to expand on? They might as well cut multiplayer from the game entirely if they are going to take that route.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 09:36 AMPosted by IRRebel5150
I think this protection of the current economy is being taken a little too seriously, especially since it's already broken.

Haha, this is a wonderful point!
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 09:26 AMPosted by steveman0

What is there to expand on? They might as well cut multiplayer from the game entirely if they are going to take that route.

Make acount-bound sets drop in the game. Multiplayer game? What multiplayer? Most people play alone anyways. I hope they enable an offline mode.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Lammy
Let's use in game gold here then. Suppose someone DID play 1000 hours and banked that gold, previous to this crafting patch. Here, binding is preventing them from using that gold to buy a nicely crafted amulet. Instead, they either gamble it all away in hopes of getting something good, or don't bother crafting at all, if the materials are too much.

...or he uses the gold to buy an amulet that someone else got as a lucky drop. If crafting CANNOT create an amulet as good as that one, then crafting has *no* purpose. If crafting CAN make one as good as it (possibly slightly better), then he can choose to just drop 1.5b on that one in the auction house (and know what he's getting) or take a gamble and see if he can't make a better one with less money.

However, as was made abundantly clear by the non-bound craftables, after a very short time span (1 month or so), the already-existing crafted items are so numerous and low-value that it's never worth actually crafting for yourself. By binding the crafted gear, this tanking of the value doesn't occur.

By the way: the very act of crafting stuff DIRECTLY INVOLVES also taking gambles at finding "BiS" (I hate that term in D3...) non-bound gear, because you need to farm monsters to get essences, and every one of those you kill has a chance to give you something awesome and non-bound.
Reply Quote

Make acount-bound sets drop in the game. Multiplayer game? What multiplayer? Most people play alone anyways. I hope they enable an offline mode.

So you're okay with them designing completely contrary to the original intent of the game? That doesn't seem very bright...

02/03/2013 10:31 AMPosted by DrakonIL
However, as was made abundantly clear by the non-bound craftables, after a very short time span (1 month or so), the already-existing crafted items are so numerous and low-value that it's never worth actually crafting for yourself. By binding the crafted gear, this tanking of the value doesn't occur.

This will still occur. Once the market becomes saturated with better items and prices drop then the BoA craftables will not be worth the investment either, especially with the RNG inherent to the design. Without being able to trade them it will be even less desirable to try because something that would be a side-grade wouldn't even be worth selling. BoA only serves to reduce the value of crafting these items.
Edited by steveman0#1968 on 2/3/2013 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
So you're okay with them designing completely contrary to the original intent of the game? That doesn't seem very bright...

Absolutely. Because the "original intent" of the game is a friggin' disaster.
Reply Quote
^lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]