Diablo® III

Account Bound Items. Why the Idea is BAD!

Developer: Lammy, you seem to be loosing it pal. You are not forced to make account bound items, you can purchase legs which are better than the account bound, for billions o gold. If you have billions of gold in the first place, why not try to make that account bound item, ha? Also bis items are not account bound, how can you claim such a thing? Your suppositions are based on absolutely nothing. And even if the bis items were the crafted account bound, which are not, you got a very good shot at them now, that they don't cost 6 B gold or 12k $ , but rather mats and gold. I have never seen a person so clueless lately...
Reply Quote
I don't care much about the economy. I care about the other game. About getting good items on my chars.

And no, I don't see that big harm done by the account binding over economy. A lot of gold will be wasted, so what? Items worth 1B will be at 200M, yet nothing wrong here... gold will gain some value.
Items posted for 400M not selling? no problem, adapt and lower the prices. Someone will buy them if they are worthy.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 05:14 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
Who cares about what these players ask for? Anyone who asks for such a thing clearly does not understand what Diablo represents! YOU should know this. ALL of you devs and community people should know this. You undertook the responsibility of a Diablo sequel! You owe the fans of this series to understand what a Diablo game means and not listen to the people who were never Diablo fans in the first place and can't possibly understand how damaging any form of binding is to this type of game.

So you are the only one who plays this game huh? Bllizz should issue a special edition of the game then. An edition where Blizz will only listen to and consider suggestions made by you. wenk wenk!
Reply Quote
One of the great things about crafting is the multiple functions it can serve. A healthy resource sink at this point in the game’s life cycle seems like it would be a good thing, and the 1.0.7 bind-on-account crafting recipes and gems should help in that regard. The crafting recipes also provide you the chance to roll a best-in-slot item that you can't buy or sell on the Auction House (something which players have been asking for), and the Marquise gem of course will be the highest tier available in the game.

As time goes on and the game changes, it is likely crafting will as well. We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment, but of course we want to keep adapting with the community and the economy as they evolve. In the meantime, and as always, it would be great to hear your ideas about crafting, and we encourage you to keep talking about what you'd like to see out of the system. :)

The Community has been asking for better Crafting Items, not BOA items, STOP thinking in the economy of the AH, The biggest problem of the Blizz its that thing, you keep thinking in having items worth more than 2b. but made the game impossible to casual players to find it by their own means.. You guys made a game where we have to reach 1000+ hrs to find a "BiS" item.. The crafting it's not worth it because you just made 1 specific stat, and all the other five just can be as bad as they are now.. the thing is.. if i have a "nice" glove, and i decide to craft, those "good" Gloves that i could probably sell in 200k-2m in the AH i would have to salvage them, and lose the crafting money+materials.. until i got gloves better than the ones i already have..

Consider a MAJOR change in the Itemization, give 1.0.8 patch a complete relevance to Itemization, don't improve characters, don't touch the pathetic system of the PvP, stop nerfing inferno, just do the damn thing with the itemization..

If u do what i say i am TOTALLY sure that 100% of the player base will comeback to the game, and at least 80% will stay permanently..

After you do that.. continue with your normal patching, improving what you think needs to be improved..
Reply Quote
You are playing a Diablo game. You are not supposed to find everything yourself. If you could, you wouldn't be playing a Diablo game!

I played D2 without trading and really enjoyed it so I just made a hole in your logic.

For D3, I will always buy a Mempo with crit, no matter how many crafted items I will have. Also the Mara's with skill bonuses, Soj, witching hour, inna's set... etc... I cannot dress myself in account bound items, so stop min-maxing in order to make a point. This will not destroy the economy, the economy is made by sellers and buyers and those adapt or get extincted. The lacuni will always be on the AH, also Mempos, and so on, and there will always be high demand on those.
Reply Quote
The Community has been asking for better Crafting Items, not BOA items, STOP thinking in the economy of the AH, The biggest problem of the Blizz its that thing, you keep thinking in having items worth more than 2b. but made the game impossible to casual players to find it by their own means.. You guys made a game where we have to reach 1000+ hrs to find a "BiS" item.. The crafting it's not worth it because you just made 1 specific stat, and all the other five just can be as bad as they are now.. the thing is.. if i have a "nice" glove, and i decide to craft, those "good" Gloves that i could probably sell in 200k-2m in the AH i would have to salvage them, and lose the crafting money+materials.. until i got gloves better than the ones i already have..

Consider a MAJOR change in the Itemization, give 1.0.8 patch a complete relevance to Itemization, don't improve characters, don't touch the pathetic system of the PvP, stop nerfing inferno, just do the damn thing with the itemization..

If u do what i say i am TOTALLY sure that 100% of the player base will comeback to the game, and at least 80% will stay permanently..

After you do that.. continue with your normal patching, improving what you think needs to be improved..

Agreed in general... The only thing I don't agree is that BoA items can salvage some gold.
Reply Quote
lol another blizzard profitable feature, you think were all dumb and we dont know what going on with those boa item.

discussion around the table;

1man; hey let give em some new item so they stop whining

2man; wait, we have to give em new item, but it as to not effect rmah sells

3most greedy man; great idea this way way money is still gunna come in.

4man; so we will just make em bound on account

most greedy man ; your idea is sold get to work on that.

no offense but this is how i feel about it...
Edited by JOHNYTWOTIME#1289 on 2/6/2013 6:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just look at your own PTR feedback. Nearly 6 pages of people against BoA gems, with only a couple of 'neutral' and zero for the idea.We Like gambling (1.07 crafting)We Hate BoA gemsI strenously urge Blizzard to reconsider BoA Marq Gems.

BoA + the minimal relative increase in power of the gems makes it so not even the top players will get these gems......I really do not know what they are thinking. IF YOU WANT A GOLD SINK, BRING BACK SKULLS/DIAMONDS/etc.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah, BOA. If I get a sweet craft from the new recipes, sweet but not the exact stats I need, I get to throw it on my new mule named BOAbullplop instead of trading it. In related news, I'm really glad they used WoW devs to make this game and then gave it away free to WoW addicts. Oops we accidentally the Diablo.
Reply Quote
There's a big difference between finding items to get by, and finding BIS stuff yourself. You have the CHOICE in a Diablo game to play self-found at a clear disadvantage, or trade and gear up in the best stuff. You have NEVER been entitled to the best stuff playing self-found.

You made no hole in my logic. You just showed that you have no credibility when talking about the multiplayer aspect of D2 or D3. This is why devs should not listen to people like you. You do not understand the game from a big picture view. You only understand it from your own selfish perspective.

There is like half of the community qq-ing about AH, and yet you have the audicity to claim there is no game after the AH?

And like I said, if I had fun without trading, is that something wrong with me?
Also, there will always be legendaries items on AH, those that worth. And demand and supply. So the AH is not dead, and this boa items will not kill it either.
Reply Quote
Money Talks,

Player A buys 100m gold for $20 on RMAH

Player A buys some gems and upgrades to the highest tier. now account bound this player cannot cash out, and his $20 is in blizzards bank account forever

This is why BOA items are here to stay, Same goes for massive gold sinks, ect ect

Personally i don't care because to me this is just a game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]