Diablo® III

Account Bound Items. Why the Idea is BAD!

02/06/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Dassem
You made no hole in my logic. You just showed that you have no credibility when talking about the multiplayer aspect of D2 or D3. This is why devs should not listen to people like you. You do not understand the game from a big picture view. You only understand it from your own selfish perspective.

No argument here....

Whatever I'm sick of trying to cure stupid. I've done all I can to cure the ignorance, but people don't want to hear the facts and do the critical thinking

Nope, not here either.

Well, at least, I tried to explain my feelings and thoughts. You just try to insult.
Reply Quote
I love the idea of BoA crafts to mitigate the effects of the AH. The only reason I can think its even a divisive issue in the community is because the only players left are those that can at least TOLERATE the AH. Most players that REALLY dislike the AH have already left. Hope some of them come back, but 1.07 might be too little too late, honestly.
Reply Quote
make it possible to sell finished crafted items to a vendor for a decent price...problem solved.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Lammy
Is it really such a sin that I could sell the item to a DH or Barb? Blizzard seems to think it is.

Actually the patch notes say you can pick the primary stat, like the Hellfire.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 01:40 AMPosted by Aaown
Crafted items should be tradeable. No brainer, really.

This is a much better idea and would give players an incentive to play in multiplayer or public games.
Reply Quote
I refuse to craft anything I cannot sell unless it's a truly unique item. Staff of herding and Hellfire ring fit that bill. Nothing in the upcoming patch does.

I try to be constructively critical of this game. Sometimes, often, I think us fans can get a little over the top in how we voice our opinions. But lately, the lack of communication over bugs and the lack of really taking into consideration what a lot of players are looking for just smacks of arrogance and indifference. I hate to place that feeling on the CM's since it's obvious there's only so much you are allowed to do or say, sometimes you have to relay information that we know you don't like yourselves, but somewhere in the chain of command there is this definite sense of indifference or ineptitude that just trickles down into the community and the game.

Very disappointing response from grim. Seeing that response is possibly more disappointing than the patch notes because we get to see the thought process of someone who actually has an impact on the game (whether it be grim or the person who funneled the talking points to him if grim himself doesn't hold the views in his post).
Edited by Turnbuckle#1273 on 2/6/2013 8:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Grimiku
One of the great things about crafting is the multiple functions it can serve. A healthy resource sink at this point in the game’s life cycle seems like it would be a good thing, and the 1.0.7 bind-on-account crafting recipes and gems should help in that regard.

I hate when a Blue post paints things as rosy when in fact just the opposite is true.

There is nothing "great" about crafting. Unless someone is playing to a "self-found or crafted" principle, the AH makes crafting ridiculously cost-and-time inefficient. What's "great" about that?

1.0.7 is not out yet, so don't speak about how great crafting is and then shift immediately to the new BoA (lol) recipes.
Reply Quote
Account bound items ruined MMO's for me. Used to play EQ pretty heavily back in the day and never bothered with WoW because I knew they used a copy-cat of the same flawed mentality, when the items started becoming account bound I stopped playing.

They take away the sense of community, it promotes waste and no sharing. You get a great item, then a month later you upgrade, and that item is now useless. You can't help a buddy out, you don't get to play the "Hero".

The personal satisfaction of truly helping someone out (and in this game that's straight up loot) no longer exists.

In Diablo 3, I see this purely as nothing but a waste of time and gold, nothing more, and yes it's "our option" to partake in it or not, and I will not take part in it because it's a flawed philosophy originally designed to prevent botters from taking advantage of a system that did not endorse the selling of digital items.

Now I've been quite open to the direction the Dev's have taken with this game for the most part (although I rarely play at the moment due to boredom), I still had hopes that eventually the game will be fixed. This Account Bound item thing is the first indication for myself that the Dev's are taking the wrong direction, they have no original thought and are just copying methods from previous games, that 100% don't fit in this one.

Like seriously, Account Bound items were to prevent people from selling stuff for real money, now they implement a game where you CAN sell items for real money, and they still copy this methodology? Now I don't use the RMAH, but I use the GAH, but it's the same principle... they offer a way of selling off what you get in hopes to get something you want (because this game is designed around the fact you never get something you actually want/need dropped and you need the AH.

Forget the fact I have the choice to use it or not (I won't use it), this line of thinking is completely contradictory to the game they developed, there is no logic at all.

If they want gold sinks and time sinks, then just make more things like their new ridiculous level tiered gems (another thing I'll never see as a casual player), and introduce more casual player gold sinks.

The fact Dueling and PvP will never be about skill and only about how much money you spend, I'm seriously disappointed with this new patch as it introduces a whole slew of features I (as casual player) will never partake in.

I can no longer figure out who they're designing this game for, other than the multitude of botters.
Reply Quote
One of the great things about crafting is the multiple functions it can serve. A healthy resource sink at this point in the game’s life cycle seems like it would be a good thing, and the 1.0.7 bind-on-account crafting recipes and gems should help in that regard. The crafting recipes also provide you the chance to roll a best-in-slot item that you can't buy or sell on the Auction House (something which players have been asking for), and the Marquise gem of course will be the highest tier available in the game.

As time goes on and the game changes, it is likely crafting will as well. We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment, but of course we want to keep adapting with the community and the economy as they evolve. In the meantime, and as always, it would be great to hear your ideas about crafting, and we encourage you to keep talking about what you'd like to see out of the system. :)

The idea is good but the implementation lacks quality. For crafting to be a successful and healthy resource sink, it should be more than a gamble on a good item. The current system is like trying farm your items just a tiny bit better. Nothing that compares to the cheap legendarys and set-items you can buy. The cost for making those new craftable and the chance at getting something equivalent as the usual legs is just not right. No one in the right mind would gamble like that.

We have been asking for this yes, but please do it right or it will just turn out as a broken system no one uses.
Have a nice day.
Edited by Gin#2289 on 2/6/2013 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
I hate when a Blue post paints things as rosy when in fact just the opposite is true.

There is nothing "great" about crafting. Unless someone is playing to a "self-found or crafted" principle, the AH makes crafting ridiculously cost-and-time inefficient. What's "great" about that?

^ yes, gotta love how the blues defend what's clearly a very bad idea
Reply Quote
This whole thread is a damn train wreck. I could almost be amused except for shameful levels of stupidity and entitlement rage.

For Blizz: Crafting and Gambling are 2 different things. There are a lot of us waiting for you to introduce a crafting system. Please refer to your PTR feedback boards for multiple pages and threads of relevant QQ as well as a number of really well thought out ideas.

OP and his Ilk: Seriously, these items don't affect you. Even slightly. You've been offered another option to procure a BiS: you can continue to farm to hit the RNG lotto/gather the gold and resources to buy a BiS off the AH, or as you play, you can gather the Essence and materials required to gamble for one. Guess what? You're going to find the gambling materials anyway.

BoA QQ: So the items are BoA? So the eff what? I haven't seen a single reason in 9 pages of ungrammatical whining and moaning why BoA is bad. Not one! Seriously, enlighten effing me. I want to understand your point of view, but can't because there isn't a shred of logic or proof (the things that make an argument) in any of your posts. Just crying that you don't wanna.

In the end, you still have the AH, which is and always will be the center of the D3 item economy. Other players, of which there has always been a large contingent, who would prefer not to play the AH meta game now have gambling as an option to gear up.

I know. How dare Blizzard give us options!
Edited by Taganov#1343 on 2/6/2013 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
100% of longtime Diablo fans that I know say BOA is a horrible idea, and I agree...This is a trade based game....yeah It will work as a gold sink for a short amount of time, then we will be right back to where we are....This doesn't solve any problems, it just pushes them a little further down the road!!!
Reply Quote
View profile
02/05/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Grimiku
As time goes on and the game changes, it is likely crafting will as well. We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment

I'm not sure if I agree that crafting should be BOA at the moment, but I do understand your logic behind doing so.

I do hope that one day the Dev team will eventually reach the point in the future in which they do not see the need for such band-aid solutions to the initial economic problems.
Reply Quote
To the OP and blizz,

I keep hearing that account-bound items are a great gold sink.. but I beg to differ. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be a BETTER GOLD SINK by making the craftable items and perhaps even the new Marquise gems sellable on the AH? Not only would there be continuous transactional (15%) gold sinks via the AH (on top of the sinks from crafting), but it would also encourage MORE people to craft items to try and get lucky in terms of making a profit.

I understand the notion that some people want to to have account-bound items for the sense of "self-found" gear, etc. However, that choice is always there even if the items are tradeable/sellable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]