Diablo® III

Blizz's Promise to Monks?

Hey everyone, haven't played in a while... I recently read the ptr notes and was excited that they mentioned a lot of changes to monks... The excitement was cut short after reading the notes.. Does blizz thinks we're stupid? I mean I still cant see myself changing build regardless of tons of buff in active skills... Offense active skills cost a lot of spirit for Wilson's sake...!!
I raised my "all resist" high enough that I can drop OWE but again for Wilson's sake, the rest of the passive skills are crap!!! There's nothing there good enough to replace OWE!!! This monk buffing thing by blizz is a total failure!!!
Blizz, we, all monk players will never ever forget that you promised before a restructure of passives of monks...
Reply Quote
Obviously offensive actions cost a lot of spirit. That's why monks have spirit generation passives. Which hardly anyone uses right now (in 1.06) since most of those spirit spenders suck.

So come 1.07, they pumped up the damage. A LOT. So that people will use them. And correspondingly, use the spirit generation passives (which you seem to think suck, but maybe overlooked their potential)

I don't know about you pessimists, but I'm looking forward to dropping some 1200% weapon damage bells on stuff. :) Hell, if I'm almost thinking of dropping OwE for more spirit regen and +100 spirit. But I don't know if I want to drop that much gold on my monk yet. :)
Edited by Delfius#1437 on 2/5/2013 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:16 AMPosted by RYAN
I mean I still cant see myself changing build regardless of tons of buff in active skills...

Yeah, I can see how the changes wouldn't affect level 6 monks a whole lot.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Goodbrew
I mean I still cant see myself changing build regardless of tons of buff in active skills...

Yeah, I can see how the changes wouldn't affect level 6 monks a whole lot.

Stupid reply is stupid... everyone knows that if a player has low levelled characters, it means they are in a different server...
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:55 AMPosted by RYAN
Stupid reply is stupid... everyone knows that if a player has low levelled characters, it means they are in a different server...

You is too serious. Lighten up.
Reply Quote
I disagree about the passives but, I agree that the 'active'/secondary skills are fubar on monks. The primary skills are trying to do too much and become like a primary&secondary attack combined. Each one of them has a series of animations and then a big fancy attack at the end(3rd strike or w/e) and this usually knocks back enemies which is extremely annoying if you don't want to knock them back!! Nevermind there's knockbacks and fears on items that you don't want to proc either...

If they made the primary skills a quicker simpler animation with no 3rd strike and had a quick-switch animation into a secondary skill then there would be better synergy and play-ability. Right now it's too annoying to do the secondary skills - I'd rather sit there spamming my primary most of the time.

It would be cool if multiple primaries could be used(without all the excess 3rd strike animations and effects) along with a secondary and maybe the combination strike passive might not be so useless...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]