Diablo® III

Finally caved and tried PoE. Diablo 3 is better.

I know the anti-D3 trolls who lurk these forums 24/7 will bombard me with hatred, but I can honestly say that Diablo 3 is objectively a better game.

I'm not saying "I liked Diablo 3 better" nor am I say "I prefer Diablo 3 over Path of Exile, personally."

No, I'm literally saying "Diablo 3 is a better game."

First of all.. Path of Exile is a fun little game, but it does have flaws, and those flaws are irredeemable. It's simply not as good a game as D3, and we can expect this from a Free 2 Play game, I'm fine with that, but the idea of spending any real amount of time playing that is laughable to me.

The thing is so clunky.. the inventory space is so ungodly low and the barter system, I don't call it "complex and deep." I call it "needlessly convoluted." Note, I didn't say "needlessly complex", I said convoluted. Because it's really not complex at all, it's just plain annoying.

There are many frustrations in the game, including the ability to perma-gimp your character. The mini-map is also horrid, and the game doesn't facilitate party play very well, in which it doesn't share any of D3's neat features for making it easy to keep up with the team and stay in the same area.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I didn't get TOO specific because I know the haters and trolls would just say I don't know how to play it and that's why I didn't like it. I'm just saying the game feels very primitive while you play it.

Diablo 3 is incredibly polished and shares none of PoE's flaws. It's objectively a better game in every aspect.
Reply Quote
really low inventory?????? then why do i have 27 stash tabs in POE and only 3 in Diablo. OMG I just gimped my character!!!!!!!! guess what u can respec or better yet think about what the hell you want to make. instead of having it spoon fed to you like a water-baby.
So what does POE have that Diablo doesnt?
-Actual random maps
-Uniques that dont suck(all of them are usefull)
-REDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF STASH TABS
-Real build diversity
-Every weapon is useable.
-Every skill is great w/ a right build.
-REAL PVP
-Real endgame time sinks that dont bore you.

PS: LEARN TO PLAY IT
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Greenhell
JW is that you?

Paz has been on these forums for a while thats not jay wilson lol
Reply Quote
I broke down and played a bit of the beta myself. I feel it's closer to D2 and will probably give the players that were looking for a repackaged D2 a new home. It feels like PoE is an actionRPG where Diablo 3 is an ACTIONrpg. That said I like both of them so far for those two different reasons. Combat is faster and smoother in D3, yet I like the character development in PoE a lot better so far. It is too early to tell what PoE will be like in the long run as it is still in beta, but I will play it along side D3 at release since it is free.
Edited by Nalizan#1909 on 2/5/2013 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Like how PAZ declare himself the supreme authority in declaring what is better than what.
Reply Quote
I'll only go so far as to agree that the bartering system is pointless. From what I read players said that the devs wanted to try to remove gold farmers from the equation but in reality it did nothing except to spend the time, money and development time creating a bartering system, they should have just stuck with a typical gold system as they'll still have to deal with item sellers, item farmers, etc. Items have already shown up on eBay so this bartering system did nothing except as mentioned, make the system convoluted. All this does is shift gold as the primary currency to some objects that will be the defacto currency that farmers will end up selling for real money.

To me the whole bartering system makes me feel like the stuff I do find and vendor is worth far less than it is because of the way the whole bartering system is setup. I give you rare item, you give me a scrap of paper that I still need 4 more of to get one scroll of identify (obviously not exact amounts or items listed here for the sake of my own sanity). It make me feel like everything is just cheap, even trying to sell a legendary ring produced some junk faux currency item that make the finding of said ring feel cheap. Other than that though, I'm enjoying PoE a whole lot more than D3.

In D3 I haven't even left this one dungeon area that I've been in for 3 months. I keep coming back to try to play and before I can even get to the exit of the dungeon I'm like "screw it, boring".
Edited by Runar#1385 on 2/5/2013 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
PoE exceeded my expectations greatly. It's a far superior ARPG than D3 is.
Reply Quote
View profile
really low inventory?????? then why do i have 27 stash tabs in POE and only 3 in Diablo. OMG I just gimped my character!!!!!!!! guess what u can respec or better yet think about what the hell you want to make. instead of having it spoon fed to you like a water-baby.
So what does POE have that Diablo doesnt?
-Actual random maps
-Uniques that dont suck(all of them are usefull)
-REDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF STASH TABS
-Real build diversity
-Every weapon is useable.
-Every skill is great w/ a right build.
-REAL PVP
-Real endgame time sinks that dont bore you.

PS: LEARN TO PLAY IT

Stash =/= Inventory... Stash = Stash, and Inventory = Inventory

But I do prefer PoE over D3.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 07:55 PMPosted by AntonChigur
PoE exceeded my expectations greatly.

This sentence is the key. The disappointment you feel depend on how much you expect/hope. That's the reason D3 and SWTOR failed. Legendary franchise, Big Publisher, High price, you expect a lot for those reason. All in all, D3 and SWTOR are not not actually such bad games, to deserve such hatred treatment in forum. It's just that people expect so much from them. I didn't play D2 that much, and I never played WoW so I started D3 with minimum expectation. As a full game it lack content, as a basic for expansion it's quite good.

As a side note, that also the reason I wanted to *facepalm* everytime someone praise TESO which haven't even started yet or worse, when someone put hope on Titan which is very unclear what the hell it is.
Reply Quote
The thing is so clunky.. the inventory space is so ungodly low and the barter system, I don't call it "complex and deep." I call it "needlessly convoluted." Note, I didn't say "needlessly complex", I said convoluted. Because it's really not complex at all, it's just plain annoying.

... If you find the inventory complex dear lord, please stay in D3 and any other simplified game thanks.

02/05/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Paz
No, I'm literally saying "Diablo 3 is a better game."

You never even elaborated how which is very funny for most people saying this they have 0 evidence to back it up. It's like me saying Diablo 3 sucks. Doesn't explain anything.

There are many frustrations in the game, including the ability to perma-gimp your character. The mini-map is also horrid, and the game doesn't facilitate party play very well, in which it doesn't share any of D3's neat features for making it easy to keep up with the team and stay in the same area.

Perma-gimp your character? D3 your character IS PERMA gimped... auto stat allocation? Paragon stats? Do you need an explanation? LOL please.. You can't even respec your stats or anything in D3 let alone UPGRADE your armor. And by upgrade i don't mean REPLACE.
Easy to keep up with the team? You know POE people can run up to like 90% extra move speed and just leave you in the dust if they wanted to. Plus you think the flag system in D3 is good? Just corpse hop zerg through mobs it's so stupid..

Anywho, see you. Stay in D3, there won't be any ladder or competition or anything any time soon while PoE will gloat in all that glory and soak up the rest of any intense players from here looking for it.

Diablo 3 is incredibly polished and shares none of PoE's flaws. It's objectively a better game in every aspect.

8 months and barely JUST polished. PoE in open beta not even 2 weeks in and hordes of D3 players have left for PoE already. not to mentioni the mass flooding of PoE threads on the d3 forums, now its like a ghost town, your main activity in general discussion dropped like about an average of 300 views on page 1.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/5/2013 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
When I first played Poe I wasn't too impressed, I felt myself going back to d3 cause it seemed like the better game as far as graphics and combat goes. But I realized I was comparing early game Poe to late late game d3.

The more I played Poe and the more I began to understand the skill tree, crafting, itemization the more I realized how much superior Poe is as a game. And now that my character is around lvl 53, which isnt even end game I find that the combat is also superior to d3. The sheer amount of skill gems and support gems make for endless possibilities if u can think of a build u can make it In Poe, also the crafting is so much more intuitive than d3's. In d3 you are only farming for items and keys. In Poe you are farming for gear, orbs, white items with good sockets etc. there's just so much more content in poe. Also loving the custom Game co op system.

I never played d2 and loved d3 put close to 900 hrs into it. Never understood what the d3 haters where complaining about in relation to what blizz took out compared to d2. But having played Poe I now understand why some ppl who loved d2 are upset about d3.

I love both games, but needless to say Poe will be my Arpg of choice, only time will tell if it will last as long as d3 did for me. I have a feeling it will, needless to say I haven't played d3 since I fully understood Poe.

One more thing they seemed to have greatly improved the graphics In Poe act 3 they are soooo much better than what u see in act 1 so don't hate on the games graphics based on act 1
Edited by WRX#1179 on 2/5/2013 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 07:40 PMPosted by KingGloborx
Like how PAZ declare himself the supreme authority in declaring what is better than what.

That happens a lot on Blizzard forums.

Some do make really, really good points and provide excellent observations, even if they do show a heavy bias.

Some are Blizzard boot-lickers.
Reply Quote
The only thing I do not like is the combat. It just feels way too slow for me. I know that it slowly starts to go away, but its just the way Im wired, love fast paced combat, dislike slow paced combat. Overall, it is a good game, and it may just end up being better than D3 when the game actually releases.
Reply Quote
84 Human Warrior
Anyone who takes Paz seriously kinda doesn't deserve to have posting rights. Just a helpful FYI.
Reply Quote
Lets put this into prespective.

D3 lovers

Auction house tycooner's
People that love to gold farm

PoE

People that actually like to play a game and not have it feel like a job.
Reply Quote
I dislike how both camps pose their opinions without any substantiation.

I have to be dismissive to the main argument of "combat feeling clunky". This is fully intentional and i love the aspect of the game where, as you progress in levels, you can almost feel like your character has learns to fight better, faster and smoother. I am not saying it is perfect, but i am saying that, in my opinion, it is a more interesting combat system as compared to from-the-get-go smooth D3's combat system. Face it, by the time your character is level 20 the combat does not differ greatly all the way until para 100. In comparison, my duelist felt like an elderly school janitor with a broom up until level 10, progressing to normal human being around lvl 15, to actually feeling combat worthy shortly thereafter, to absolutely insane ambidextrous circus freak around level 45. I am not sure how much better it will get, but yeah... i FEEL the power progression of the character.

The barter system is very new. As everything new, it will cause resentment, any change does. It does feel awkward (not complicated at all, once you learn values of each token). I am not sure if this will alleviate the issue of farmers, but i dont think it is quite a point of it. If we look into the actual r(role-playing) factor of aRPG, according to story, you are on god forsaken island, exiled from any meaningful civilization, where gold has virtually no value. Instead things of value are actually useful. And i think that, once we get over our own resentment to change in established way of things, they system will actually prove interesting. Also, it does provide constant "gold sink" that is so very effective that i cannot even fathom another more effective system in that aspect. If we compare such a system to D3, for example... well, you know, 2billion gold items and all.... simply because AH limitations.

Furthermore, it does provide incentive to actually COMMUNICATE with people. It is a multiplayer game. There is virtually no reason to mp in d3 aside from ubers. It does not make the game either simpler nor more rewarding.

Also, looting system that is almost free for all (i can get into details). a) in mp games you get a significant bonus to item quality and quantity, but since it is NOT instant, you are not guaranteed to actually get any loot unless you are paying attention. So no more spin to win... you actually have to LOOK at your screen while you play the game.

In conclusion, i feel that even those two point that i had underlined, the ones that people actually bring up against PoE, make the game better than D3. And trust me, there are many more, better, stronger points in favor of PoE over D3. D3 is "polished" one can say, but that is about it. Its a boring, pointless, yet "polished" game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]