Diablo® III

Did I overpay for my Stone of Jordan?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GreyWolfSif-1556/hero/3243379

I paid 25 million for it. 30% elite damage is the max you can do right? also I thought the 6% increase in bash damage would help me. I also though the +15 to fury would be helpful. It was late last night so I didn't have time to test it out.

Did I overpay? I lost about 25,000 DPS by switching to it. Will the increased elite damage offset that loss or should I just keep my 25,000 DPS?

Does it matter which hand I have the ring on?

thanks
Reply Quote
I bought my 2nd SOJ last night.

The 1st one is 6% holy dmg, 29% E dmg, 13 fury, 2% WW CC----paid 16 mil

The one I bought last night is 6% cold dmg, 28% E dmg and has 2 witch doc props but I only run a barb. Paid 6.4 mil

The cold dmg doesn't hit as hard but is 1000x better than the more expensive holy dmg ring.

COLD DAMAGE RULES.
Reply Quote
lightening dmg isnt ideal. most people look to get an SOJ like the one i have (w/ cold dmg), but the really rich people get the one i have, but with barbarian affixes
Edited by Nived#1902 on 2/6/2013 5:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
so it looks like I overpaid. oh well, it is what it is.

since mine has 6% lightning damage...does that mean i only take advantage of that with a weapon with lightning damage?
Edited by GreyWolfSif#1556 on 2/6/2013 5:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Roughly: (164k DPS - 25k DPS) + 30% = 180.7k DPS => 10.2% increase in DPS against elites and 15.2% decrease in DPS against trash mobs. This ignores the 6% bash bonus.

So if you still plow through trash mobs/one shot them, then it should be a net increase of ~10%.
AFAIK, which ring slot it sits in doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
25 MILLION FR THAT?! YOU COULD GET SIMILIAR ONES FOR LIKE 2-3M
Reply Quote
Roughly: (164k DPS - 25k DPS) + 30% = 180.7k DPS => 10.2% increase in DPS against elites and 15.2% decrease in DPS against trash mobs. This ignores the 6% bash bonus.

So if you still plow through trash mobs/one shot them, then it should be a net increase of ~10%.
AFAIK, which ring slot it sits in doesn't matter.

so, would you have made the change to the ring? It doesn't appear it is going to help me a whole lot.
Reply Quote
I got mine two months ago for 1.5m(WD one) to try it out and since never left my barb's finger, losing tons of dps is worth the ease it gives when farming and dealing with elites.

you definitely overpaid for it since one's with cold damage is indispensable when dealing with runners, it slows(snare proc) them down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]