Diablo® III

Galvanizing Ward is the best passive for SNS

Ok, since we all know that we can snapshot Lifesteal from LS Skorn with Storm Armor, and the damage also with Shocking Aspect (huge buff here lol), maintaining the buff duration become more important than ever, Benefit:

- Less weapon swapping (once every 4 mins)
- High Lifesteal from Storm armor Lightning
- High extra dps and lifesteal from buffed Shocking Aspect
- Extra Life per second (ok this one is negligible)
- Extra 1-3x multiplier (i'm not sure havent tested this, might've been wrong on this one..)

Evocation doesnt work with my 200+ ms ping sadly, so i replace with this underrated passive..

Enjoy it, might be nerfed in next patch along with Monk snapshot

Edit: Multiplier increases depending on how good your skorn is... affected only for Shocking Aspect, i'll leave it to you guys to test, i might've been wrong on this multiplier thingy lol.

Edit2: recent testing shows that it might not affected your Shocking Aspect dps but it does affect the Lifesteal
Edited by Fatamorgana#6950 on 2/6/2013 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
wtf did I just read?
Reply Quote
You got me CKbrah
Reply Quote
I didn't know you could snapshot with shocking armor. Are yu sure about that??????
Reply Quote
If this is true wtf have I been doing
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:30 PMPosted by JellzRoc
I didn't know you could snapshot with shocking armor. Are yu sure about that??????

try it yourself, LS skorn is only 10 mil brah
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:30 PMPosted by JellzRoc

Yeah, he is right. LS Skorn = mass life steal off Storm Armor. Wait, there is something I knew that the majority of the wizard community doesnt have spreadsheets on... winner.
Edited by EigenVector#1828 on 2/6/2013 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Um galvanizing ward is bis for the next week or so then Dayam
Reply Quote
step 1: Place 15 skorns on the AH
step 2: make snapshot post
step 3: profit

amirite?
Reply Quote
Dude maybe this isn't getting fixed cuz no one ever talks about it. Wonder if we can snapshot with sparkflint or blood magic
Reply Quote
the snapshot takes the damage into account as well ?
Reply Quote
step 1: Place 15 skorns on the AH
step 2: make snapshot post
step 3: profit

amirite?

my income is not from there, high dps LS skorn is already expensive to begin with, might not be a good investment, And it may be fixed along with all snapshot system...
Reply Quote
WHAT?????
Reply Quote
Op erase this post. Wizard club rules are back in full swing
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:40 PMPosted by JellzRoc
Dude maybe this isn't getting fixed cuz no one ever talks about it. Wonder if we can snapshot with sparkflint or blood magic

You cant do it with sparkflint and BM, and there's not much benefit from it anyways, what we need is buff where it have auto attacks and reactive effect, which is Storm Armor - Shocking Aspect

been knowing for quite sometime, just want to share with wiz community, because i dont personally like snapshot system..
Reply Quote
No kidding, if this is true silence through 1.07 is the word!
Reply Quote
It is true, you guys didn't know about this? However it's not like what monks can currently do with sweeping wind. Every time you cast storm armor you have to equip the Skorn so if you're in the middle of a fight and you refresh with your chants items, you loose the damage buff.

I thought this was common knowledge with spells like storm armor? Its damage is calculated at the time of casting by whatever weapon you have in your hand. It does not change from swapping weapons, but like I said above, if you refresh storm armor without the Skorn in your hands your damage buff disappears.
Edited by Death#1408 on 2/6/2013 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Something similar also works with DH Shuriken Cloud and Caltrops (traps, too, I think) if you cast Shadow Power before casting them. The huge life steal from SP winds up persisting through the entire duration of those other abilities.

They'll probably all be fixed eventually. The severity of the Monk snapshotting was so huge that it had to be addressed right away, though.
Reply Quote
If you use galvanizing you Won't need to refresh very often
Reply Quote
I know about the snapshotting, and posted on it a while back and even made a bug post about it. However, Storm Armor does not snapshot your weapon damage. That's super easy to test, just cast storm armor then remove your weapon and watch the damage per lightning strike plummet. The snapshot only applied to the life steal that I saw. I didn't test the SA damage though but again that should be fairly easy to test.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]