Diablo® III

Galvanizing Ward is the best passive for SNS

02/06/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Aphraell
Tried it 3wks ago after I heard about it. Hardly any noticable difference to me. And the swapping annoyed the hell out of me.

I knew about it a bit longer, was very excited, turned out it sucks. Nothing special.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 03:37 PMPosted by novice
Tried it 3wks ago after I heard about it. Hardly any noticable difference to me. And the swapping annoyed the hell out of me.

I knew about it a bit longer, was very excited, turned out it sucks. Nothing special.

Bro novice, its take the Shocking Aspect damage for the lifesteal also.. are you still sure Galvanizing Ward is less special than Evocation? :D
Reply Quote
Well for me Evocation @>200ms latency does absolutely nothing.
Reply Quote
It's the hassle of switching weapon that bugs me, I was never the fan of gear switching, so even with monk I don't use the snapshot. And right now I'm using GC, which is practically better and more convenient. The snapshot must have better effect to justify its use.
Reply Quote
View profile
so this would work with any 6% LS weapon...
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Aphraell
Well for me Evocation @>200ms latency does absolutely nothing.

Same here..

02/06/2013 04:15 PMPosted by novice
It's the hassle of switching weapon that bugs me, I was never the fan of gear switching, so even with monk I don't use the snapshot. And right now I'm using GC, which is practically better and more convenient. The snapshot must have better effect to justify its use.

I agree.. if we compared it to monk snapshot it is pale in comparison.. and yes GC is better if you looking for DPS, this guy is just for additional survivability like what Galvanizing Ward always been :)

02/06/2013 04:22 PMPosted by tcklemepanda
so this would work with any 6% LS weapon...

true, but what can be better than LS skorn right?
Edited by Fatamorgana#6950 on 2/6/2013 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Loroese
I know about the snapshotting, and posted on it a while back and even made a bug post about it. However, Storm Armor does not snapshot your weapon damage. That's super easy to test, just cast storm armor then remove your weapon and watch the damage per lightning strike plummet. The snapshot only applied to the life steal that I saw. I didn't test the SA damage though but again that should be fairly easy to test.

For me, the lightning strike from SA did a lot more damage when I snapshot with Skorn and then switched back to my chantodo set versus just using SA as normally.

I did a quick test in act 1 walking around the ghouls and it went from around 150k crits on average to 250k crit.

The difference was easily noticeable, maybe the Skorn you were using had low CD or no int ? I used a Skorn with 330 int and 194% CD with the same emerald gem as in my chantodo set.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Arkhane
I know about the snapshotting, and posted on it a while back and even made a bug post about it. However, Storm Armor does not snapshot your weapon damage. That's super easy to test, just cast storm armor then remove your weapon and watch the damage per lightning strike plummet. The snapshot only applied to the life steal that I saw. I didn't test the SA damage though but again that should be fairly easy to test.

For me, the lightning strike from SA did a lot more damage when I snapshot with Skorn and then switched back to my chantodo set versus just using SA as normally.

I did a quick test in act 1 walking around the ghouls and it went from around 150k crits on average to 250k crit.

The difference was easily noticeable, maybe the Skorn you were using had low CD or no int ? I used a Skorn with 330 int and 194% CD with the same emerald gem as in my chantodo set.

That seems to indicate it might capture the CD but the actual weapon damage is not captured, which is my point. I don't actually have a skorn and haven't tried testing CC/CD/Int capture but the lightning strike damage is based on your currently equipped weapon. That I am sure about.
Reply Quote
^it captures the weapon damage and crit damage, of course

Ez to test. Do it with a 10dps weapon, no crit. Then do it with a 1000dps weapon, no crit. They hit harder from the 1000, no surprise. The difference you see is of course due to the difference in weap dmg

Make sure they have same attack per sec, same everything cept dmg
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 2/6/2013 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Alesso
^it captures the weapon damage and crit damage, of course

If it captured the weapon damage, then removing your weapon would cause no change in damage to the lightning strike. Yet if you remove your weapon, the strike hits for almost nothing. Try it. I just did that today, a few hours ago.
Reply Quote
Re read my post, wasn't done yet, added a lot more
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Loroese

That seems to indicate it might capture the CD but the actual weapon damage is not captured, which is my point. I don't actually have a skorn and haven't tried testing CC/CD/Int capture but the lightning strike damage is based on your currently equipped weapon. That I am sure about.

Yea, that's what I meant, sorry for misunderstanding.

Basically, you can increase the damage output of SA by capturing the attributes of the Skorn (I'm leaning towards the CD at least).
Reply Quote
Could be why I noticed no diff in damage. I cheaped out and bought a 300k 6% LS staff lol.
Reply Quote
Oh I'm not sure about removing it altogether, misunderstood what you meant loresse
Reply Quote
I'm still seeing no weapon damage snapshot. I equip a 1100 dps wand and cast Storm Armor. Then I switch to a 10 dps weapon. I walk around and my strikes only do 3k damage. If I swap to the higher dps weapon they do 50k, all without refreshing Storm Armor. Thus, the base damage of the Storm Armor strikes do not snapshot your weapon damage. They are only based off your currently equipped weapon.

I'm not saying CD isn't part of the snapshot, and I don't really have time or desire to test it, but the weapon damage is 100% not part of the snapshot.
Reply Quote
It might be only snapshotting the CHD.... but at least the LS affect Shocking Aspect, now i always see 5 digits Life Regen ticks on pack of mobs (+ MW/BM) kinda wish to get a life steal chants and remove other LoH from equipment...
Reply Quote
Kiza and I tested the snapshot lifesteal. IT ONLY GIVES U BACK LIFE FROM THE ACTUAL SHOCK, thats all. So it sucks.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 11:18 PMPosted by s8a8i14
Kiza and I tested the snapshot lifesteal. IT ONLY GIVES U BACK LIFE FROM THE ACTUAL SHOCK, thats all. So it sucks.

hmm its weird.. i'm sure the life generated is different when i cast WW to proc SA on mobs and when i didn't cast anything, only the lightning strike from Storm Armor (0 LoH, 0 LS), i mean in that condition i cant get any life regen from WW right?

And the difference is significant : (same equipment)

Storm Armor Lightning Strike - generate up to 2k
with casting WW on pack of mobs - generate up to 5k
its funny considering i dont have any life regen except from galvanizing ward...

Never mind, i'll just do another testing when i reach home..
Another thing to verify is.. does it snapshot the crit damage from skorn... problem is i only have a cheapo Skorn with low crit damage so i cant really test this..
Reply Quote
The 3k difference is because WW returns so much LoH.

Anyway, if you are fine with changing your weapon every few minutes, go with it because there is no drawback technically. it's just too annoying and time consuming to swap weapon when the reward is so little.
Reply Quote
The 3k difference is because WW returns so much LoH.

Anyway, if you are fine with changing your weapon every few minutes, go with it because there is no drawback technically. it's just too annoying and time consuming to swap weapon when the reward is so little.

That's the problem bro novice, i tested it without any LoH... just life regen from Galv. Ward..

OK Another thing is... did you guys test it with Galvanizing Ward? :D
Edited by Fatamorgana#6950 on 2/6/2013 11:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]