Diablo® III

Galvanizing Ward is the best passive for SNS

Knew it a while back. The benefit of snapshotting SA simply is not good enough for the trouble it causes. In the long wrong it will slow down your farming efficiency by quite a lot.

Unlike monk's current SW snapshot mechanic, where they can actually maintain the buff for the whole run. And not only that, they benefit a lot more from exploiting this mechanic.
Reply Quote
OK tested and found out where the extra life regen come from...., a

pparently SA lightning strike sometimes come 2 times in succession when there's a lot of mob around and affected by Cold Blooded passive thanks to Buriza..

Conclusion: Yeah i was wrong.. it sucks lol..
Reply Quote
just a heads up this has made popular topics

better edit some chit guys we all know where this will end up

edit nevermind if it sucks I guess
Edited by baggins#6187 on 2/7/2013 2:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ok, since we all know that we can snapshot Lifesteal from LS Skorn with Storm Armor, and the damage also with Shocking Aspect (huge buff here lol), maintaining the buff duration become more important than ever, Benefit:

- Less weapon swapping (once every 4 mins)
- High Lifesteal from Storm armor Lightning
- High extra dps and lifesteal from buffed Shocking Aspect
- Extra Life per second (ok this one is negligible)
- Extra 1-3x multiplier (i'm not sure havent tested this, might've been wrong on this one..)

Evocation doesnt work with my 200+ ms ping sadly, so i replace with this underrated passive..

Enjoy it, might be nerfed in next patch along with Monk snapshot

Edit: Multiplier increases depending on how good your skorn is... affected only for Shocking Aspect, i'll leave it to you guys to test, i might've been wrong on this multiplier thingy lol.

Edit2: recent testing shows that it might not affected your Shocking Aspect dps but it does affect the Lifesteal

Nice job making popular topics, here's another post to help you out. ;)
Reply Quote
i saw sns

then saw skorn
Reply Quote
life steal from shocking aspect? bonus dmge from shocking aspect?

^__^
Reply Quote
I did some actual testing, not sns just letting the sa bolts hit targets and see what was up.

damage from skorn was not snapshotted, as unequiping skorn after activating sa made the bolts do petty damage and reequiping it made them do tons.

i also tried snapshotting the cd before and then removing it and viceversa and that was snapshotted.

ls was snapshotted as tested by others too.

my proposal for abusing this, specially for skorn users in pvp. carry a ls very high cd with emm skorn snapshot and then switch to the high dps skorn with ruby.
Reply Quote
I'm using Archon.. wtf am i reading this far O.o
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:55 AMPosted by lordango
I'm using Archon.. wtf am i reading this far O.o

eric: "My father will hear about this!"
Reply Quote
lol wizard club rules puts this thread on most popular thread subjects
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Aphraell
Well for me Evocation @>200ms latency does absolutely nothing.

aph, you really are playing 200ms latency? i normally hover between 178 and 268 ms...i live in a state park in Pennsylvania, total dead zone. I die more from rubberband lag than anything else, its terrible.

What kind of CPU do you use? I'm looking to upgrade cuz ive been playing on a MacBookPro, just waiting for my tax return to go buy a decent gaming desktop :D Im desperately hoping improvements to my FPS will reduce my amounts of deaths, even if the latency is still apparent.
Reply Quote
I did some actual testing, not sns just letting the sa bolts hit targets and see what was up.

i also tried snapshotting the cd before and then removing it and viceversa and that was snapshotted.

While the thread is still hot, i'll add some into it..

Like all the snapshots... its not limited only to weapon lol.. of course its a hassle to swap everything... but u know..
Reply Quote
Yeah the Wiz who showed me the snapshot used Asheara too lol.
Reply Quote
This just showed me something else:

Blood Magic doesn't work with storm armor ¬¬

I thought storm armor didn't recover health, but now that I've seen it does with lifesteal weapons, why the f does it not benefit from blood magic then? It doesn't matter if you cast it before or after, it won't apply...
Reply Quote
Tested snapshotting with a ~215%CD 5.6%LS 0int warmonger running archon + scramble. THEN I did my run with my 299%CD 0%LS 300int skorn. Scramble crits seemed lower than usual (i.e. they were using the warmonger's CD--not sure if 300int came into play) but definitely got life back (i.e. they were using the warmonger's LS).

Meh basically got a few k hp if it crit and negligible return from non-crit. Didn't test shocking aspect.
Reply Quote

While the thread is still hot, i'll add some into it..

Like all the snapshots... its not limited only to weapon lol.. of course its a hassle to swap everything... but u know..

yeah for the cd tests i was swapping all cd from all gear, it is a hassle for real play but when i did that for testing it was quite obvious that cd gets snapshotted aswell
Reply Quote
I think snapshot mechanic is lame. Sure I use gloom on my DH to lock in life-steal while I perma-strafe because it does exist. I would also take any advantage of any class by utilizing such a mechanic. Especially the monk since it doesn't change upon refresh, until 1.0.7 comes out at least.

But I just think it a very lousy game design, it's a hidden design element that no developer has mentioned to my knowledge. Intuitively, it does not make sense and the tooltip on spells doesn't indicate it in anyway. Maybe it's just lazy programming? I dunno. In a way it adds more complexity to builds, which is a good thing in my opinion, but it still doesn't make sense.

My initial understanding of how these type of spells should work is:
if the buff is shown, ie Shadow Power, then the LS should always take effect during the duration. And when the duration wheres off, then no more LS. And if I pop Shadow Power while strafing, I shouldn't have to restart strafe to gain the LS. That is simple, intuitive, and it makes sense.

I don't think the devs intended for these skills to work like this, maybe I'm wrong. But if they didn't, I doubt it's high on their priorities to fix. A sort of unintended side effect that isn't ultimately a bad thing. They are, however, hypocrites when they talk about limiting hidden modifiers and things like this exist.
Reply Quote
im a nub whats snapshot
Reply Quote
Evocation doesnt work with my 200+ ms ping sadly, so i replace with this underrated passive..

Enjoy it, might be nerfed in next patch along with Monk snapshot

Or, you could not rely upon an exploit of the game, not weapon switch and try to find a way to improve your 200 ms ping which is just horrible (I understand in some cases you cannot improve ping, but if you can do something about it, you should). I use Galvanizing Ward because I'm lazy and because it offers life gain per second and once I have far better items, I assure you, I will never use Galvanizing Ward, unless that life per second gained is bumped up significantly. Just look at the other passives one can get once survival isn't a huge worry. Heck if you are worried about survival, blur is better.

I suspect someone might just be trying to sell some Skorns or get a laugh.
Reply Quote
This just showed me something else:

Blood Magic doesn't work with storm armor ¬¬

I thought storm armor didn't recover health, but now that I've seen it does with lifesteal weapons, why the f does it not benefit from blood magic then? It doesn't matter if you cast it before or after, it won't apply...

Well the answer to your question is simple -- It is because Blood Magic has got to be the singly most useless skill in the game as far as high level skills go for Wizard. By the time you get the skill, you're in hell or inferno and so the "benefit" you get from the life steal is so negligible you're essentially just adding it to the much higher amount you can get to gear. And this is IF the skill works at all. I don't know about recent patches, but in older patches it didn't seem to work properly. Either demand that they buff and fix the mechanics of this skill (which they probably will not do) or give up on trying to use this skill, ever. You gain more life steal benefit from using Force Weapon magic weapon skill rune so long as you have some life steal already on your gear. Horribly useless skill, Blood Magic is so so bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]