Diablo® III

Galvanizing Ward is the best passive for SNS

02/07/2013 12:18 AMPosted by Fatamorgana
Conclusion: Yeah i was wrong.. it sucks lol..

Don't be sad. Think of all the Skorns you sold in half a day! ; )
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:13 AMPosted by troblemaker
im a nub whats snapshot

Basically the game takes a snapshot of the gears you're wearing when you activate a skill. After the skill is active you can swap gear and retain the characteristics of the old gear as long as the skill doesn't wear off
Reply Quote
awesome. thanks for the explanation.
Reply Quote
This just showed me something else:

Blood Magic doesn't work with storm armor ¬¬

I thought storm armor didn't recover health, but now that I've seen it does with lifesteal weapons, why the f does it not benefit from blood magic then? It doesn't matter if you cast it before or after, it won't apply...

Well the answer to your question is simple -- It is because Blood Magic has got to be the singly most useless skill in the game as far as high level skills go for Wizard. By the time you get the skill, you're in hell or inferno and so the "benefit" you get from the life steal is so negligible you're essentially just adding it to the much higher amount you can get to gear. And this is IF the skill works at all. I don't know about recent patches, but in older patches it didn't seem to work properly. Either demand that they buff and fix the mechanics of this skill (which they probably will not do) or give up on trying to use this skill, ever. You gain more life steal benefit from using Force Weapon magic weapon skill rune so long as you have some life steal already on your gear. Horribly useless skill, Blood Magic is so so bad.

I agree in principle that Blood Magic has been one of the most disappointing wizards skills in the past but as of now it functions almost completely like life steal on a weapon. The only exception I know of just happens to be storm armor and its runes. For Archon, it's still mostly awsome, it just loses half its usefulness for SNS wizards.

And to confirm, Blood Magic does not work with Storm Armor. When I first tried testing LS with Storm Armor, I used BM, and concluded the armor didn't gain anything from Life Steal. Turns out I was wrong because of the BM bug.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Philoi
Conclusion: Yeah i was wrong.. it sucks lol..

I doubt very much he was trying to make money of it.
Reply Quote
what the heck does this "snapshot" mean?
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Aphraell

I doubt very much he was trying to make money of it.

Yup, didnt make any money from it, in fact i lose 10 mil for crappy LS skorn....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]