Diablo® III

Will you craft the new item in Patch 1.0.7?

Well,given the answers so far you should change the question thread: Do you stil play d3,and if so ,will you craft...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If I can get the drops I'll give it a go.
I can't even get the hellfire components to drop.
Mp3 for the win!
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Zerglings
Well,given the answers so far you should change the question thread: Do you stil play d3,and if so ,will you craft...
This actually make me laugh but c'mon give 1.0.7 a chance maybe you'll stay and play for a few more weeks :P
Reply Quote
Guys. I'm pretty sure new item creation is heavily influenced by what is available on the market currently (auction house). Live has tremendously more items in game than the PTR does.

Basing your crafting success on something on the public test server is an extremely bad idea.

Put down the crack pipe.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I plan on crafting as much as I can after the patch. I would be crafting more now, but I have not been lucky enough to find the patterns I want. I am glad I have a nice (for me anyway) amount of materials saved up.

What is the first recipe you plan on crafting?
Reply Quote
Bracers then Shoulders then Amulets

So should cost about 12.4b to get BIS
Reply Quote
It seems the easiest piece to BiS = Bracers, so I will start with that. Then Shoulders, but never amulets/gloves.
Reply Quote
I've crafted over 400 items on PTR.

Honestly the bracers/shoulders arent that hard to get a good craft. Ammy's on the other hand are disgraceful. Way too many afffixes for the cost.

Bracers, Shoulders and Gloves are all very good for what you can roll even though it will still take alot to get that BIS item for the top end gear. (Eg: Bracers INT -Average Rolls to get 6 crit, 69ar+, and (1 int affix or 2 vit affix) 4813 crafts)

My issue is the Amulet, it costs far more than any other of the crafted items in both gold and materials. But the main problem I have is its affix range, its too large. Making it near impossible to get a good roll for affixs ,let alone a good roll on those affixes as well.I recommend you either remove some useless affixes on crafted amulets, or reduce the gold cost to 0, or make it roll MainStat +6 Affixes being my preferred choice.

Affix table

Common
{str,int,vit,dex,str/int, str/vit, str/dex, int/vit, int/dex, vit/dex}
{arcane,cold,fire,phys,lightn,pois}
all resist
armor
health from globes
gold find
indestruct
life regen
magic find
phys dam to attack
pickup rad
reduced level

Shoulder
chill on hit
life %

Gloves
attack spd
stun on hit
crit chance
crit dam

Bracers
knockback
crit chance
reduced dam from melee
reduced dam from range

Amulet
attack spd
avg dam
chance to blind
crit chance
crit dam
crowd ctl reduc
socket
life after kil
llife on hit
reduced dam from melee
reduced dam from range
%life
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 2/11/2013 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
I plan on crafting as much as I can after the patch. I would be crafting more now, but I have not been lucky enough to find the patterns I want. I am glad I have a nice (for me anyway) amount of materials saved up.

Assuming I can get my hands on the plans I want, I'll be crafting gloves first until I get BiS, then amulet because mine is terrible, then maybe bracers.
Reply Quote
i don't see why not.
Reply Quote
Crafting in your game is a waste of time once you figure out the cost to reward ratio.
Reply Quote
Most definitely. All my mats aren't doing much just sitting there.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I REALLY want to craft, I REALLY do, but when you break down the chances of actually getting a good roll, sadly, you're better off just saving up and buying on the AH. Sure, you could be that one person in a million to roll great stats the first go, but in all my time crafting, I've had one decent item I created. Once I learned to play the game, I sighed in recognition that I could've just purchased the gear I wanted instead of trying (and failing) to craft it.

That said, I'll probably try one craft per week, just because this is, after all, a gambler's game.
Reply Quote

imma craft dat gg wtfxz bracers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]