Diablo® III

Will you craft the new item in Patch 1.0.7?

Yes the main stat sounds good. I made 3 shoulders of dex and one was junk, one not bad with good armor and the best was 280+ dex. Still due to the other stats being subpar or missing, I could not use it. All three were scrapped for crap mats.

I think that I should have realize there was no chance to get one that you would actually use, unless you were a fairly new L60. It is almost worse to see the big main stat and not be able to use it.
Reply Quote
learn to use apostrophes.
Reply Quote
I realized very quickly that I could craft upgrades for most all my heros, be it softcore or hardcore. That is if one wasn't in the rat race to spend gold by the tons for items on the AH. Actually enjoying playing the game before rushing to have the best of everything has really made the crafting experiance that much better.

My bracers I crafted on the 4th try. Was pretty happy about that. Gloves I think about 10 tries. The mediocre, but upgraded ammy on around 20 crafts. Total upgrades around 14k dps and a little vitality. Very satisified with the crafting work.

"If you drop it, they will craft"
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/13/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Surrender
learn to use apostrophes.

Typos happen, dude. Chill.
Reply Quote
I doubt I'll craft many because

they are the same items i can get on the AH or find.

IF they happened to be some kind of unique item like a different gem type, rune, jewel or charm I would be ALL over D3 again..

but its just more of the same, with the same old stats =(

Blizzard, please get creative. I've had enough Primay / crit / all resist ^^

ya know
Edited by StCecil#1659 on 2/13/2013 10:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
I crafted bracers last night with 291 Str 6% cc and like 70 vit. Pretty happy with that although I will be trying again to get one similar, but with all resist. I've also crafted 23 amulets, many with 2 DPS mods, but none better than my current. I will keep at the amulets till I get something I like though.
Reply Quote
I'm finding "decent" substitutes for all my gear. And I'll sell the old stuff, then later I'll keep trying until I get BiS in those slots
Reply Quote
No, cause everyone is just aiming for the same items, main stat + vit as cc cd ls. What's the point? =)
Reply Quote
Can somone please explain this crafting to me and how it works. Im out of the loop on this one.
Reply Quote
I crafted the bracers I'm wearing, got them after 3 tries and stopped there. They blow away a pair of Lacuni's and the Strongarm bracers I had. No RA, but not bad for trying out the first plan I found.
Reply Quote
View profile
i got the vit gloves tried 5 crafts...all junk...gloves are hard to craft....i would try for something like shoulders first since all you need is main stat, vit, and all resist
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 04:36 AMPosted by Imperium
Can somone please explain this crafting to me and how it works. Im out of the loop on this one.

Read the crafting patch notes for 1.07.
Reply Quote
I won't.. crafting is boring.
Reply Quote
I plan on crafting as much as I can after the patch. I would be crafting more now, but I have not been lucky enough to find the patterns I want. I am glad I have a nice (for me anyway) amount of materials saved up.

What is the first recipe you plan on crafting?

P2W?
Reply Quote
Crafting for upgrades is now possible and it's not really that expensive considering how much you would pay for said upgrade on the AH. I just am happy I have some more stuff to do after a mf run besides repeat it :)
Reply Quote
I got one and sold it out(asia)
Reply Quote
Since I don't use the AH to get my gear (although, I have sold a few items for gold), the hunt for recipes and crafting has made me excited about the game again. I've already crafted a few pieces for some of my alts that I think will improve my gameplay. I'm looking forward to finding some strength-based gear for my barbarian. The best part is, I feel like I'm not wasting my time running other acts or killing bosses. Even though Act 3 is the prime location for mobs, etc., it's a nice change of pace to visit other areas in the game again.

In addition, the brawling was a surprisingly fun experience. Since there are no rewards and very little balancing, I think it's working just fine for a simple brawl which is what was intended. I'm definitely looking for far more in terms of a PvP system, but for now it was simple and fun to mess around.
Reply Quote
I thought I'd never actually get a decent upgrade to my gloves that I had found a few months ago. They were something like 145ish Str, 105 vit, 8% AS, 8% CC, and some thorns. Yeah, you could find/buy gloves with AS/CC/CD/MS, but I didn't want to. On my sixth craft of Archon Gloves of Strength, I got a small upgrade, and it only cost 300kish gold. More str, 3% less AS, but 1.5% more CC, less vitality, but it got dex/int/Lightning Resist on it. Almost all of the crafts had Crit Chance on it.

Seems like crafting is actually well worth it. I'll keep crafting gloves every now and again until I nail the right stats for me. I could just go buy the rest of the recipes, but I'm actually having fun doing boss runs in high MP to get them, and trading with my friends and family for recipes I don't have.

That said, there are a few specific pieces I think will almost never be worth to craft if you use the AH. For a Barbarian, there are very few chests that are better than the IK chest piece due to its guaranteed rolls. For Bracers, you can get Strongarm Bracers that can roll high main stat, guaranteed Life%/Armor/crit chance, or Lacunis with AS. I guess if you want more viality, the bracers of vitality could be worth it. Shoulders of Strength, which are missing from the loot tables apparently, are a moot craft considering shoulders can already drop with up to 300 str - it'll be hard to beat a really good Vile Wards. Tal Rasha Amulet is the defacto DPS amulet for Int based classes, so the Amulet of Intelligence is kind of a wonky one to craft.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]