Diablo® III

Will you craft the new item in Patch 1.0.7?

Crafted 120 ammies.

Best I got was a loss of 25K DPS =)
Reply Quote
Crafted 120 ammies.

from a 110/55/10 ?! That's some terrible luck then!
Reply Quote
I crafted my wizards amulet and my monks gloves and bracers.

The bracers were a first try, I won't complain about my luck. The gloves took about 10-12 tries (EDIT: they aren't showing up, nvm about the gloves). The amulet was upwards of 25 tries.

If you have really good gear in those slots, it may not pay to try crafting for that small chance of an upgrade. However, if you have really good gear, you could have lots of gold lying around so in that case it would be worth it.

Basically if you can afford it, it's worth a shot. If you're strapped for gold, probably not.
Edited by DaRupp#1969 on 2/14/2013 9:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Crafted 120 ammies.

from a 110/55/10 ?! That's some terrible luck then!

Forgot to mention my DH is just an alt now =)

-25K vs the nice trifecta on my Barb
Reply Quote
Crafting is definitely the way to go for players for certain gear spots.

Shoulders/Gloves/Ammy/Bracers are AMAZING if you give it 20+ rolls at least. Items that would have cost 100+m buyout roll like gangbusters, considering the main stat on bracers/shoulders being that high is impossible to find for most people (and in many cases only on certain legendary items).

I have spent about 25 rolls and found the ammy I'm wearing, and put about 25 rolls in to find the gloves I'm wearing. I've crafted similar gloves/ammys with higher EHP and solid DPS, but opted for the DPS ones I'm wearing because I have enough EHP (I kept the EHP ones though just in case I need more EHP for whatever farm I'm doing).

They aren't BiS obviously, but given how cheap it is to craft relative to buying things on the AH, the new crafting system has effectively killed the AH for gloves/bracers/shoulders/ammys.

I recommend all try it! Don't be afraid to plop a few million into crafting, you won't be disappointed.
Reply Quote
What is happening to the ah??
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 08:17 PMPosted by CoasterMan
I found two recipe’s last night, and both happened to be my main stat.

I hate to be a grammar <you know> here, but this really bugs me. You shouldn't have an apostrophe on the word "recipe". If you want to pluralize it, then just add an "s".
However, I realize that you read the forums often and many people type incorrectly, so I forgive you.

That compound sentence didn't quite work out for you. I corrected it.
Reply Quote
Absolutely! I started with amulets, rolled 25, got 4 that would be an upgrade but rolled this one. I think I'm set for a while with ammy's :-)

http://i.imgur.com/zB6zjE0.png

If you don't want to hit the link

+27 max
+352 str
+81 dex
+167 LoH
92% CD
9% CC

On to gloves!
Reply Quote
Started my first round of crafting last night with int amulet. after 10 or so crafts i banked a really nice one that gave me 25k dps over the last one. (spec my wd profile, using it now)

31 min dmg
34 max dmg
212 int
83% cd
10% cc
3% reduced ranged dmg

Working on gloves now then maybe bracers next
Reply Quote
somewhere between 30-40 strength amulets craft:
218 str
9% ias
7% Crit Chance
77% Crit Damage
Socket

(On my male barb in profile)

2nd glove int craft:
211 int
9% ias
6.5% Crit Chance
32% Crit Damage

(On my female wiz in profile)
Edited by Ewon#1356 on 2/14/2013 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
blizzard its pretty cheapscape to not let me spend 81cents i have left on auction, so what am i suppose to do with 81 cents if i cant even spend it on gold... this needs to be changed asap... i do not plan on puttin anymore money on there if this does not change asap... i should be able to spend ever bit no matter what... come on
Reply Quote
@AtomCollider: Um, I think you posted that in the wrong thread. Either that or it was so random (from what I've read) that my head hurts.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 08:17 PMPosted by CoasterMan
I found two recipe’s last night, and both happened to be my main stat.

I hate to be a grammar <you know> here, but this really bugs me. You shouldn't have an apostrophe on the word "recipe" if you want to pluralize it, just add an "s".
However, I realize that you read the forums often and many people type incorrectly, so I forgive you.

Do you mean to be a trolling whiny baby or is that not grammatically correct enough?
Reply Quote
Next patch... lvl 63 crafted rings plz???? pretty plz???
Reply Quote
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af268/SoVi3t666/Diablo/amulets_zpsd7f01443.jpg

I've crafted these since I woke up. Amulet crafting is gonna kill the AH lol
None of those are even decent sorry. Keep trying.

Except they are decent. Too many people around here just have this convoluted idea that anything not "trifecta" isn't any good.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm happy to admit that I was wrong about crafting.

I had thought that crafting wouldn't be worth it - but in reality, crafting is likely not as worth it for those that are "godly" equipped currently (sporting items they spent 100's of millions of gold on).

But for a more "average" player like me (where my amulet is probably worth 15 million gold (if I'm lucky), then I have a very real shot at a good upgrade.

Even in just messing around with some glove and bracers crafting last night, I was able to get about 28k damage boost between gloves and bracers (the bracers were my huge upgrade).

So yeah, crafting is doing exactly what Blizzard meant for it to do... create a secondary option for those that don't want to use the AH or those that don't have realistic access to the AH.

I for one, am happy for the crafting changes so far.
Reply Quote
I have to vent here after crafted 127 pairs of gloves. Only 2 pairs with cc and cd. Non of them is an upgrade.

I dont think I am going to craft anymore after wasted 20millions. Bad experrience, I think those crafting are for newbies.

Not easy to find an upgrade. Most of the items on ah are over 300mil onwards......

Bad experience........
Reply Quote
View profile
I have to vent here after crafted 127 pairs of gloves. Only 2 pairs with cc and cd. Non of them is an upgrade.

I dont think I am going to craft anymore after wasted 20millions. Bad experrience, I think those crafting are for newbies.

Not easy to find an upgrade. Most of the items on ah are over 300mil onwards......

Bad experience........

You're full of crap man.

You are sporting a very nice pair of gloves on your mage (your apparent main) that were made with crafting.

If if you're telling the truth about crafting 127 pairs, the amount it has cost you to get even that one pair of gloves is WAY cheaper than it would have cost you to buy a similar pair on the AH.

So... yeah... full... of... crap.... ;)
Reply Quote
Just got a 7.5K Ammy buff I crafted...nice!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]